The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cap A's kid

One of the most famous DBoard posters in the past ten years has a son now playing in the USHL is featured in this month's New England Hockey Journal. So far the advice of her therapist to stay away from the DBoard has been working! My compliments to your therapist Cap, job well done.

Re: Cap A's kid

NEHJ = Fake News

anon
One of the most famous DBoard posters in the past ten years has a son now playing in the USHL is featured in this month's New England Hockey Journal. So far the advice of her therapist to stay away from the DBoard has been working! My compliments to your therapist Cap, job well done.

Providence Caps or Concord Caps?

North shore....MC players. Who knows where they played kiddie hockey.

Didn't he (JA) play in the USHL last year as well?

Yeah, Fargo (?) Was a Yale(?) commit and now a Union. . . .a bit of a down grade academically at least.

anon
Yeah, Fargo (?) Was a Yale(?) commit and now a Union. . . .a bit of a down grade academically at least.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bostonherald.com/sports/high_school/in_the_slot/2016/07/former_malden_catholic_star_jack_adams_commits_to_union%3Famp

anon
North shore....MC players. Who knows where they played kiddie hockey.

Middlesex Islanders

So who's got the backstory on what went down with Princeton? That whole thing don't seem right.

Anon
So who's got the backstory on what went down with Princeton? That whole thing don't seem right.

??

Kid Commits. Kid De Commits. Happens every day.

Glad to see the kid killing it though!

Passing on an Ivy League education is "killing it"?

Anon
Passing on an Ivy League education is "killing it"?

A Top scorer in the USHL and about to become a student athlete at Union! Yeah, killing it slappy.

Union degree is pretty impressive . . .

anon
Union degree is pretty impressive . . .

Union isn't a good school? I guess 38th ranked Liberal Arts college is not nearly as impressive as Princeton. Maybe Union is a better fit? It seems like the Hockey program is in much better shape than Princeton. Maybe he likes the campus and the environment. Maybe he had an issue with admissions. Who knows, who cares! End of the day the kid is in a great place in his life and you are an envious troll.

And you are an envious jock sniffer....

Anon

Nope. Just don't like people who s**t on others because they have failed. Pretty pathetic. Finding fault in this kid because you have a bone to pick with the mom. You are a broad! Save it for bookclub.

What great university did you attend slappy?

Anon

Anon
Anon

I'm guessing Fitchburg State or Becker. Not an NCAA athlete but a Club player ( although you lie to people). Did the DPW recruit you out of school or did you just fill out the application after you dropped out of school?

You had high hopes for your kid ( slappy jr) but like they say, " Apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

There's a lot of conjecture there on your part Bumbles.

And oh, for you: conjecture [kuh n-jek-cher] an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

In comparing Union to Princeton one need not apply conjecture; that is based on complete fact and information.

Anon
There's a lot of conjecture there on your part Bumbles.

And oh, for you: conjecture [kuh n-jek-cher] an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

In comparing Union to Princeton one need not apply conjecture; that is based on complete fact and information.

Well Slappy, it may be conjecture on my part but I am certain that whatever fine institution you and Slap Jr attended it would fall far short of Union. I was pretty certain you would avoid answering the question troll boy. No matter, your 15 is up and time for you to get back to sleep. Don't forget to put that thesaurus back on your bosses desk!

Still begs the question, what happened with Princeton?

Anon
Still begs the question, what happened with Princeton?

what happened is what happens a lot to Princeton commits, they de-commit and find a better situation. Princeton has one of the worst hockey programs in the country.

I call Bull Shi t!

If "Princeton has one of the worst hockey programs in the country", then why would he commit there in the first place? Ivy's have good programs. Yale won the Frozen Four a couple of years ago, Harvard may win it all this weekend.

Who cares if it is a terrible hockey program? As a preeminent institution of learning, it is up there with Stanford, Harvard and Yale as one of the best universities. Passing on an Ivy education because "Princeton has one of the worst hockey programs in the country" seems pretty suspect to me.

Anon
I call Bull Shi t!

If "Princeton has one of the worst hockey programs in the country", then why would he commit there in the first place? Ivy's have good programs. Yale won the Frozen Four a couple of years ago, Harvard may win it all this weekend.

Who cares if it is a terrible hockey program? As a preeminent institution of learning, it is up there with Stanford, Harvard and Yale as one of the best universities. Passing on an Ivy education because "Princeton has one of the worst hockey programs in the country" seems pretty suspect to me.

Hockeywise, Princeton is not even close to Harvard or Yale. A Student Athlete is just that and therefore both areas are taken into consideration. You seem to be looking to create a false narrative. Either that or you are looking for the old board that includes a town thread.

Anon
I call Bull Shi t!

Dude, you need to let it go, don't know what your issue is with them. Did they slight you when your kid was playing back then. time for a new thread.

Anon
I call Bull Shi t!

100% right on.

My guess is they thought he got get his SAT's scores up to gain admittance but low-and-behold the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and he missed it by a mile. Union came in needing a lower score and now everyone is busy painting this picture about 'the hockey at Princeton not being good enough...' Yeah, so the kid passes on a life altering type of school based upon how many wins his college hockey team will have....O.K. then. And my guess is with the type of aid the top tier Ivies give out he would be looking at pretty much a free ride.

Anon
Anon
I call Bull Shi t!

100% right on.

My guess is they thought he got get his SAT's scores up to gain admittance but low-and-behold the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and he missed it by a mile. Union came in needing a lower score and now everyone is busy painting this picture about 'the hockey at Princeton not being good enough...' Yeah, so the kid passes on a life altering type of school based upon how many wins his college hockey team will have....O.K. then. And my guess is with the type of aid the top tier Ivies give out he would be looking at pretty much a free ride.

It's amazing how little you know about the situation and college hockey

Anon
Anon
I call Bull Shi t!

100% right on.

Princeton is obviously a great school but so is Harvard and Yale. So why does Harvard and Yale have great hockey programs and Princeton does not? Why do the best players from the USHL, NDTP, etc choose Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Union over Princeton, Brown, Dartmouth, Sacred Heart, etc.

Is it because a Student Athlete has to consider both Academics and Athletics.

Not sure what happened with this kid and Princeton. Perhaps you are right. What i do know is he is having a great year in the USHL and will be playing for a perennial power in Union. Maybe it will work out for him like it did for Vecchione , when he decimated from UNH for Union. Funny how things sometimes things work out!

Beantworte die Frage! Was ist mit Princeton passiert?

Sie Amerikaner machen mich verrrückt! Wie haben wir den Krieg zu dir Idioten verloren?

Anonym

Sie Amerikaner machen mich verrrückt! Wie haben wir den Krieg zu dir Idioten verloren?

Translation:

Answer the question! What happened to Princeton?

You Americans make me crazy! How we have lost the war to you idiots

anon
Anonym

Translation:

Why do you care so much? Get a life dude, you should be worried about what McDonald's your kid is going to work at?

anon
Anonym

Translation:

That's actually pretty funny! Maybe, just Maybe, the kid felt Union was a better fit. And honestly, why does anyone care. The kid's going to be "living the dream" that you folks all crave for yourselves...I mean you kids. Be happy for him. He's earned it!

anon
Anonym

Translation:

That's actually pretty funny! Maybe, just Maybe, the kid felt Union was a better fit. And honestly, why does anyone care. The kid's going to be "living the dream" that you folks all crave for yourselves...I mean your kids. Be happy for him. He's earned it!

Is there any connection with the decommitment and the Cap A persona's disappearance from the Dboard?

Hmmmmm, interesting. Maybe the coach put it together and didn't want any whack-jobs around so he pulled it. She then vowed to clean-up her act and lower her beached whale profile....interesting.

anon
Hmmmmm, interesting. Maybe the coach put it together and didn't want any whack-jobs around so he pulled it. She then vowed to clean-up her act and lower her beached whale profile....interesting.

Was ist die Phrase, die Sie Amerikaner sagen ?

"That's a Bingo!"

Anonym
anon

Was ist die Phrase, die Sie Amerikaner sagen ?

"That's a Bingo!"

Alle deutschen Männer sind Sodomisten!!

Interesting indeed.

Princeton to Union, and now to UM Lowell?? Is there time for one more switch before the fall?

Aanon
Princeton to Union, and now to UM Lowell?? Is there time for one more switch before the fall?

Absolutely! Bunker Hill CC has a rolling admissions policy.

Aanon

Great Program and his home rink will be under a 1/2 hour from his family. Best of Luck to Him.

anon
Aanon

Great Program and his home rink will be under a 1/2 hour from his family. Best of Luck to Him.

Advantage Princeton and Union. While the kid put up some great numbers, the family is part of the package.

He is not commiting to umass/lowell! His Twitter account retweeted that one of his teammates was commiting.

Don't you trolls take off the major holidays??