Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Will JW decommit to BU?

And sans injuries would be going higher.

Anony
And sans injuries would be going higher.
His latest injury should not have an affect; broken collarbone is healed. He played very well end of the season.

anon
100% I will be back on the 23rd. He will not go beyond pick 50
Ahem....

💩

Anon
anon
Ahem....

💩
I wonder if his dad will disown him for going so late??

Anon
Anon
anon
Ahem....

💩
I wonder if his dad will disown him for going so late??
I think you are confusing him with OW. Pretty sure his dad is nothing like that!

Anon
anon
anon
You don\\\'t decommit a player who can produce regardless of the circus that comes with it.
Not sure he comes with a circus at all though. My son is a 2000 and played against him for years and there was never sign of anything like that.
You both haven't been keeping current. Lustre is off off this star. Gone are the days he was a dominant youth player based on early size and intensive training. Mid-rounder at this stage, which is still a great achievement, but not what was expected of him three years ago. Has been better lately.
I actually agree with you - was just saying it's NOT a circus surrounding him.

JW went No. 69 overall in the third round to the Chicago Blackhawks. Never got the the whole JW thing. In high school I wasn't impressed and then in the draft highlights it's pretty clear his skating needs a lot of work...and as you know, the NHL is getting faster, not slower. Will not see NHL ice for quite a while, if ever. Goal should be AHL'er 2nd / 3rd liner and then off to Europe.

Same size now as when he was in 8th grade with a few more pounds. There will be a long list of late bloomers that skate circles around him in college and in the ECHL......

To decommit would be maybe the stupidest thing ever. He will need to get a few years of college under his belt as a fall back.

Kid is drafted in top 3rd and you bust his chops??? Sorry your kid didn’t get picked.