Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NCDC Commit to Hockey East

Anon
Anon
Anon
You NCDC folks might want to pipe down, kid is coming in as a depth guy, may never see the ice (but wish him all the best though), and probably not getting any money as well. College teams can\\\'t have 24 superstars, not enough money to go around, some kids committ to D1 programs because they are happy to be there. But hopefully he will contribute.
Haha, another precinct heard from.

Commitments mean nothing today. Every Hockey East school has 30+. Most have no \$\$\$ attached.

That isn\'t the point.

The blowhards keep talking about how it\'s a crap league, waste of time, no colleges are scouting, nobody \"good\" plays in the league.

Guess what? The blowhards - like you - are wrong, and not just because of this one kid. The league is getting kids college spots, which is 100% the point of American Juniors. What they do with them, wherever they hail from - Tier I, II, or III - is up to them.
No, it actually is the point, there are probably 20-40 guys in that league that are better than this kid, but they were not willing to take the offer from PC, because more than likely they are not guaranteeing the kid any money or illusions of playing (at least a lot). And no, there are not 30 kids on a Hockey East Roster, maybe DIII schools.
Learn to read, fool. I wrote 30+ commits, not roster spots.

Anon
Typical responses. No NCDC/USPHL commits count. There's this reason this time, and there's that reason the next time, for why we should not recognize the league's role in helping kids land in college hockey.

Tell me, how many BU/BC/PC/Northeastern commits are coming out of the NAHL? Which, I agree, is better than NCDC. But, Tier II to HE isn't a common pathway.

Nobody's taking credit for him. If you look at his stats he broke through a bit this year, and NCDC's proximity to HE schools obviously helped him, just as they claimed.

But, keep bashing the league. Some clown is even making up stories about fictitious arrests to try to discredit the league. Do what ever you need to do to feel better about your choices.

In the meantime, a new pathway has been created for NE kids that has zero negative consequences for the families that choose to travel it.
The commits absolutely count but the negative response to you is because this is 1 commit and you try to make it into a huge deal about the league. The kid isn't even from New England, played 1 year of NCDC, I would say he was on the radar prior to this league "showcasing" him. I hope nothing but the best for the player, what a great accomplishment, but you guys need to start acting like you have been there before.
D1 Commits should be what is expected from every NCDC team not used as a proving point when 1 player gets it.

anon
Anon
Typical responses. No NCDC/USPHL commits count. There\'s this reason this time, and there\'s that reason the next time, for why we should not recognize the league\'s role in helping kids land in college hockey.

Tell me, how many BU/BC/PC/Northeastern commits are coming out of the NAHL? Which, I agree, is better than NCDC. But, Tier II to HE isn\'t a common pathway.

Nobody\'s taking credit for him. If you look at his stats he broke through a bit this year, and NCDC\'s proximity to HE schools obviously helped him, just as they claimed.

But, keep bashing the league. Some clown is even making up stories about fictitious arrests to try to discredit the league. Do what ever you need to do to feel better about your choices.

In the meantime, a new pathway has been created for NE kids that has zero negative consequences for the families that choose to travel it.
The commits absolutely count but the negative response to you is because this is 1 commit and you try to make it into a huge deal about the league. The kid isn't even from New England, played 1 year of NCDC, I would say he was on the radar prior to this league "showcasing" him. I hope nothing but the best for the player, what a great accomplishment, but you guys need to start acting like you have been there before.
D1 Commits should be what is expected from every NCDC team not used as a proving point when 1 player gets it.
No one kid. Search back. You'll see that every time a kid form the league commits, the cockaroaches come out and there's some reason it "doesn't count."

Act like you been there? Act like you've been HERE for more than one day.

Anon
anon
Anon
Typical responses. No NCDC/USPHL commits count. There\\\'s this reason this time, and there\\\'s that reason the next time, for why we should not recognize the league\\\'s role in helping kids land in college hockey.

Tell me, how many BU/BC/PC/Northeastern commits are coming out of the NAHL? Which, I agree, is better than NCDC. But, Tier II to HE isn\\\'t a common pathway.

Nobody\\\'s taking credit for him. If you look at his stats he broke through a bit this year, and NCDC\\\'s proximity to HE schools obviously helped him, just as they claimed.

The commits absolutely count but the negative response to you is because this is 1 commit and you try to make it into a huge deal about the league. The kid isn\'t even from New England, played 1 year of NCDC, I would say he was on the radar prior to this league \"showcasing\" him. I hope nothing but the best for the player, what a great accomplishment, but you guys need to start acting like you have been there before.
No one kid. Search back. You'll see that every time a kid form the league commits, the cockaroaches come out and there's some reason it "doesn't count."

Act like you been there? Act like you've been HERE for more than one day.
I think they come out because someone posts something stupid about it like this OP did. Everyone by this time should realize a player getting a commitment is about the player not the league.
"Act like you been there? Act like you've been HERE for more than one day" is just terrible trash talk..like really really bad. If your over 55 you get a pass, if not, c'mon man!

Ah the kid from Colorado didn't make the PC roster go check. His father played there and got him a "tryout" but Leeman said no thanks. Same thing is going to happen to the SSK 02 forward that has already given his verbal to PC. His daddy is the Holy Cross coach so he will end up there if daddy's contract gets renewed.

Anny
Ah the kid from Colorado didn't make the PC roster go check. His father played there and got him a "tryout" but Leeman said no thanks. Same thing is going to happen to the SSK 02 forward that has already given his verbal to PC. His daddy is the Holy Cross coach so he will end up there if daddy's contract gets renewed.
Not sure I'm following. Are you saying Friends and Family wash-outs are unique to NCDC?

Anny
Didn't the '02 SSK forward just make the U.S. National U17 Team?

Yes he did. Listed at 5-8 140. Just saw him last month he is 5-6 like 125. Amazing the doors that open when daddy is well connected.

Great player but way too small and over his head out there.

Why didn't Islander owner RG keep his kid on their NCDC team????????

Because the BCHL is a much better league

anon
Because the BCHL is a much better league
Blasphemy!

Anon
But, wait, I thought no one watches this league? That there was no talent in it?

And from a program that a lot of people are throwing dirt on, too!
Here, now you can make yourself feel better:
https://www.usphl.com/collegecommits

It’s called legacy. Didn’t you ever watch animal house?

Nice PR. Check back in a few years with actual stats. The brother seems to be killing it! Not.

wtf are you talking about