The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How many invites for USHL?

How many invites do USHL send out for prospect camps?

Re: How many invites for USHL?

Bob
My kid played one season in the EMHL a few years ago. Doesn't even play in HS now. Must've gotten on a list at some point because he still gets the round of invites every year.

anon
Bob
My kid played one season in the EMHL a few years ago. Doesn't even play in HS now. Must've gotten on a list at some point because he still gets the round of invites every year.
Yeah right, and i have an 11 inch p*nis.

Please, please, for the 1000th time, if a coach or GM contacts you personally beforehand, and says that they have been watching and are interested, and will either draft or tender you, then you are a prospect.

If you get a bulk email that says "Constant Contact" or something like that at the bottom, or a generic email template that has your son's name automatically inserted, you are not a prospect, you are a potential financial contributor.

anon
Please, please, for the 1000th time, if a coach or GM contacts you personally beforehand, and says that they have been watching and are interested, and will either draft or tender you, then you are a prospect.

If you get a bulk email that says "Constant Contact" or something like that at the bottom, or a generic email template that has your son's name automatically inserted, you are not a prospect, you are a potential financial contributor.
That was the point I was making when I mentioned my son who was obviously never good enough. Prospect camps are a mass email fund raising affair. Eventually your kid makes it onto one of their purchased data lists and will start getting the emails every year.

My kid who finished his Hockey East career last season, was still getting a NAHL combine invite every year, and he played in the USHL?

anon

This is not a mass email. I'm asking because my kid's team has been in the top 10 or 20 depending on the year through squirts to bantam. And the kicker is my kid may walk away after this year. So, it doesn't really matter. I was just asking.

Bob
anon

If you get a bulk email that says \"Constant Contact\" or something like that at the bottom, or a generic email template that has your son\'s name automatically inserted, you are not a prospect, you are a potential financial contributor.
This is not a mass email. I'm asking because my kid's team has been in the top 10 or 20 depending on the year through squirts to bantam. And the kicker is my kid may walk away after this year. So, it doesn't really matter. I was just asking.
Your kid's team has nothing to do with this?? You parents think it's all about the team your kid is on, it isn't. College and USHL scouts don't care where your kid plays. Get over your egos

Anon
Bob
anon

If you get a bulk email that says \\\"Constant Contact\\\" or something like that at the bottom, or a generic email template that has your son\\\'s name automatically inserted, you are not a prospect, you are a potential financial contributor.
This is not a mass email. I\'m asking because my kid\'s team has been in the top 10 or 20 depending on the year through squirts to bantam. And the kicker is my kid may walk away after this year. So, it doesn\'t really matter. I was just asking.
Your kid's team has nothing to do with this?? You parents think it's all about the team your kid is on, it isn't. College and USHL scouts don't care where your kid plays. Get over your egos
That's how a kid gets on the radar. It's not an individual sport. You should drop the anger.

Bubba
Anon
Bob
anon

If you get a bulk email that says \\\"Constant Contact\\\" or something like that at the bottom, or a generic email template that has your son\\\'s name automatically inserted, you are not a prospect, you are a potential financial contributor.
This is not a mass email. I\'m asking because my kid\'s team has been in the top 10 or 20 depending on the year through squirts to bantam. And the kicker is my kid may walk away after this year. So, it doesn\'t really matter. I was just asking.
That's how a kid gets on the radar. It's not an individual sport. You should drop the anger.
You think a kid gets on the radar by being on a Top ten team ?? Wow

Is that why people try to get to certain teams and abandon their development ?

Do these parents realize where 90%+ of the kids who play Fed Elite youth hockey end up? Not on a college roster!

more than 90% don't end up on a NCAA roster (D1 or D3). the EHF is the most overrated and misunderstood youth league in the US.

Anon
more than 90% don't end up on a NCAA roster (D1 or D3). the EHF is the most overrated and misunderstood youth league in the US.
Lucky my kid isn’t in the fed. Lol.

FINALLY someone says something that actually makes SENSE here!