Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Contract signing -

I love this time of year, parents flipping out, coaches scrambling, players could care less as most just want to play with their friends. Focus on finishing the year strong folks. If your coach doesn't first offer you a spot verbally, then go look elsewhere. Don't believe the stories of verbal promises then no contract. Rarely happens if at all. Hockey on. Have fun.

Do believe the verbals followed by "no" contract, happens a lot for various reasons. If you ask for a contract and it's not signed by tryout time, you should be going to other tryouts......

Only rookie parents get all worked up this time of year. If you are all worked up and nervous about next year then your kid should probably be playing in a town league.

How many of you have already signed for next season? How many kids typically sign before tryouts? I didn't realize the number is on the high side.

If you haven't signed a contract by now you are not one of the coaches "coveted" players. That does not mean you will not be offered a contract. Typical coaches are wheeling and dealing trying to convince players to make the jump so they have to keep open roster spots. But since most of those players are being recruited by other coaches until your coach has them signed, they want you on the hook to hedge their bets. All those kids showing up at practice should give you an idea where you stand. Don't be shocked to get the word AFTER the first day of tryouts if your coach is a DBag.

Sorry your kid's getting cut

Everyone on this board is completely pathetic. You all need a life outside of your kids 8 year average youth hockey career. Complete losers.

Be Real
Everyone on this board is completely pathetic. You all need a life outside of your kids 8 year average youth hockey career. Complete losers.

uhmmm, your on this board
And sorry your day started out so bad since it just hit you your kid doesn't have his contract yet

Be Real

Sorry your kid is not even going to be able to get cut

Do not have kids. Just doing a college research project on crazy youth hockey parents. This site gives me all the research and examples I need. Thanks !!!!

Lol! You're getting an A+ for sure

Be Real
Do not have kids. Just doing a college research project on crazy youth hockey parents. This site gives me all the research and examples I need. Thanks !!!!
[/quote
Riiiight

Trying to figure out the whole 8-12 year olds signing contracts every January for the right to play youth hockey...... LOL..

Be Real
Trying to figure out the whole 8-12 year olds signing contracts every January for the right to play youth hockey...... LOL..

Why? Why are you trying to figure they out?

Be Real

Yeah right. Well you fail for not remaining an impartial observer. I'm sure that project will be completely unbiased and a great piece of journalism.

Either that or you are a mom with a kid that hasn't signed yet.

anon
Be Real

Yeah right. Well you fail for not remaining an impartial observer. I'm sure that project will be completely unbiased and a great piece of journalism.

Either that or you are a mom with a kid that hasn't signed yet.

Why a mom? Don't think there are crazy dads out there?

When is my contract coming?? Do I ask the coach or the GM of the organization? Can parents sign multi-year deals? I bet that's coming soon.... Add that to your research project--multi-year youth hockey contracts-- Which will be the first organization to do that one????

not us...

I-LAN-DUH
not us...

Thats because the I-LAN-DUH's implode every year!

Islanders don't implode...they just get rid of the kids who can't keep up...in this case sounds like your kid

Is it the kids that can't keep up or the parents...

Anon
Islanders don't implode...they just get rid of the kids who can't keep up...in this case sounds like your kid

I would say you have drank the Kool-Aid but then it occurred to me that probably is not the drink of choice for an I-LAN-DUH. My guess is it would the Pirate's Grog. Drink it up but be careful. The more Grog you drink the worse the eyesight until that scurvy ridden pirate sneaks up behind you and cuts your kid from the I-LAN-DUH's with his rusty old Cutless...ARRRR Matey

Maybe I will just coach that way my kid doesn't get cut.

Anon
Maybe I will just coach that way my kid doesn't get cut.

LOL - yes, in fact if most of the kids who play didn't have daddy as a coach they would have been cut a long time ago.

FACT!

Look at the EHF. See how many coaches each team has. That's how many spots should be available!

Thats alot of spots! Imagine how much better the hockey would be without all those benders throwing sand in the gears!