Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: JBH Brick Roster Announced

Yeah, tell the kids no numbers over 30 allowed even though 17 players on the Bruins roster have numbers greater than 30, as do many of the best players in the NHL.

Aaaaaaah that's because as an Original Six team the Bruins have a few numbers under 30 honored (2,3,4,5,7,8,9,15,24). I'm sure a tournament team of ten year olds doesn't have that many numbers retired. Or maybe they do knowing today's world.

congrats to the kids that made it.It's an experience they will remember for a long time I'm sure. I wish it wasn't so costly.I don't think a family should have to go in to debt to play summer hockey.Granted the competition they'll be playing with and against is pretty good.It's just the nature of the sport. I wonder how many spots were already filled before try outs even started?

IMO a lot of the kids were already selected but there were spots open at F and D and goalie. For the most part they got it right. Some exceptions here and there but at that point it's go-with-who-you-know.

Examples, Senators don't have many numbers retired, but Erik Karlson wears #65 and Sequin wears #91 although Stars don't have a lot of retired numbers. I could go on. Besides, for the big many families are paying, let the kids wear whatever numbers they like, which likely match the numbers they wear all season long for their club teams.

OOOooooooooof. Where did we go wrong?

Maybe it's time to post "The Rules" or whatever they were called. Does anyone have a copy?

Team is stacked, but not all the kids are the "best" in Mass. Some of the kids are fortunate to have parents who can foot the bill to have their kid play in such a prestigious tournament.

Welcome to the economics of youth sports. What it has become is pretty astounding! One writer called it the "youth sports industrial complex"