Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E9/EHF Opportunities

E9 doesnt focus on recruiting or E9 is unable to recruit? If E9 is a better league why are kids/parents always looking to make the jump to the FED?

Re: E9/EHF Opportunities

I didn't say the E9 was a better league, I said if you are looking for development you are more likely to find organizations with a development philosophy there. As for your question, I think you see what you want to see - a kid moves from the EHF to the E9 you see that they couldn't hack it in the EHF, if they go the other way it is because the EHF is better. Kids leave the E9 for the EHF all the time but kids leave the EHF for the E9 all the time too. I think you go with coach #1, organization #2 and league #3. People are idiots when it comes to the EHF E9 debate. People are focusing on the two games a week that a kid will play maybe 15 minutes and touch the puck for maybe 1-2 minutes and get limited instruction and making decisions because they think the teams in one league might be a tiny bit stronger than the teams in another. Focus on the quality of practices, the quality of communication and instruction they get and the quality of the skill program. They will be on practice ice for three hours a week - what happens in those three hours is way more important than a debatable minor difference in talent. If the EHF team has a better practice and development environment go EHF, if the E9 team has a better environment go E9 - simple.