Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 05 AAA NJ super series

I think 10 is a good age to teach the kids that you get out what you put in. you let the child decide if he wants to put in the extra work or not to get better. This is supposed to be Elite hockey and I think a coach is doing a child a disservice if he keeps a kid who can't clearly keep up. I would imagine it's not fun for the child to be outworked every time they are on the ice.

And you probably think it is absolutely appropriate for a parent to have so much anxiety about 10 year old hockey they have to leave the rink if the team doesn't play well. That is totally fine in your world right?

Why do they have so much anxiety?

3 possible reasons -

1. They just ate Merrimack Carp
2. The realization the team is not that good
3. Their kid is being replaced be a true "elite" player

At least if they ate Carp, a little Pepto-Bismol will tighten the stool!

Thats the beauty of the Islanders philosophy jack a$$. My kid didn't even play on the Islanders this year. My point is that they have ****** off so many people that everyone talks. When you constantly treat people badly, you get a reputation. Good luck in the years to come with your kid. When they have a hair on their body we can talk, till then you have no idea what they will be like as athletes.

Think about all the organizations you have taken from and you wonder why you have a reputation. Your bringing in 4 or 5 new kids from other organizations. You have a dad that goes to other kids games to scout talent. That is creepy and weird. I get it if a player come to you. i really do and that player is significantly better than what you have. But to go scout another teams player to offer them a spot and then cut them the next year is wrong. That ALWAYS comes back to haunt you later in life.

So the new kids are actually coming from another organization? Of course they are..where else would they be coming from? A neighborhood street hockey team? FYI...every team pulls kids from other organizations. Top Gun takes kids from E9...islanders take kids from E9 and TG. Eagles take kids from E9 and other EHF teams. VJW take kids from TG and Islanders and E9 teams...Rangers are taking a handful of Wizards next year to follow coach etc...why the attack on Islamders? Every team does that. Did little Johnny get cut this year or in years past?

Anon
Thats the beauty of the Islanders philosophy jack a$$. My kid didn't even play on the Islanders this year. My point is that they have ****** off so many people that everyone talks. When you constantly treat people badly, you get a reputation. Good luck in the years to come with your kid. When they have a hair on their body we can talk, till then you have no idea what they will be like as athletes.

Think about all the organizations you have taken from and you wonder why you have a reputation. Your bringing in 4 or 5 new kids from other organizations. You have a dad that goes to other kids games to scout talent. That is creepy and weird. I get it if a player come to you. i really do and that player is significantly better than what you have. But to go scout another teams player to offer them a spot and then cut them the next year is wrong. That ALWAYS comes back to haunt you later in life.

Agree with you. If your gonna "scout" then offer something other than nothing. How will you make a kid better?

How would that conversation go?

My director of squirt scouting recommended i reach out to you about your son. I would like your son to join us for next season. I will do virtually nothing to help your son get better and assist him with his development. Mind you, if he does not progress on his own, he will be cut this time next season and my director of peewee scouting will deliver some kid that is better.

You will pay me $4000 for this amazing priviledge and opportunity. Make the check payable to Jacob "the stitch" Duran - the best cut man in the business?..

Sounds like a parent who is angry the level of play has surpassed their child's ability. Nothing wrong with that...just stop the crying. If you were offered a contract today you would crawl back like the spineless creature you are

Anon
Sounds like a parent who is angry the level of play has surpassed their child's ability. Nothing wrong with that...just stop the crying. If you were offered a contract today you would crawl back like the spineless creature you are

We should rename this site Cocktails and Parental Hockey Dreams! The combination of drinking large amounts of kool-aid or in this case Pirates Grog coupled with parents who cannot stand watching their NHL dreams get crushed at the squirt level. How does it feel to wake up in the middle of the night in a pool of drunken sweat?

ARRRR- Matey