Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vipers

What is the deal with this organization?

Re: Vipers

They are very popular and always welcome in Lake Placid.

I hear Excellent tier 1 program but not Elitr level

You need a Cadilac Escalade with 24inch rims and the entire family must wear team suits everywhere.

I hear Excellent tier 1 program but not Elitr level

Depends on the level. 07 snd 06 I know are very strong. Could easily compete in elite. Wouldn't end up in the top but they could beat the Bandits

08 is strong too. They've dominated every time I've seen them play. They'd be better suited in elite.

08's have been blown out by every EHF Elite team they have played and have lost to some of the E9 Elite as well. They belong in Tier 1.

Maybe the top elite teams. I'm only going by what I've seen in the tier 1 level and their record on the website. When would they have played vs elite and e9?

anon
08's have been blown out by every EHF Elite team they have played and have lost to some of the E9 Elite as well. They belong in Tier 1.

Uhmmm. They are in tier 1 EHF SMH

anon

Every EHF elite team and done E9? How many tournaments do 7 year olds participate in to have player in? Because from what I can see they are in the running with 2 other teams for the first place position. Someone has an ax to grind. Pity you if toy are this invested in being yhe winning team as opposed to developing little Jr. mite minor. You have MANY years before this should be a concern of yours but I suspect your kid is not going to make it that far with a Dad less concerned about Jrs devrlopment at this age.

To the OP, it is clear from looking at the fed website this org is strong at the younger levels at a minimum and the older are holding their own in Tier 1 so it depends on your child's skill.

Weather the majority believe this, there are not enough elite players to fill as many Elite teams are out there so the higher end tier 1 players are similar in skill to 3rd line elite players. That does not up for all teams as we know there are s few legit Elite teams. Put your kid where he fits in and contribute. Vipers seem to be solid. Newer org than the founding EHF team but there are a few of those Thst arent fairing so well.

weather?

Guido
weather?

I see several "typos" that I'm willing to bet are auto correct. People who point out grammar and spelling are about as original as "sorry your kid got cut" Neither mean a whole lot but I do get what the poster is trying to say and it's pretty spot on. Vipers are fine. Bandits are fine, all of the merging RI teams are fine if your kid fit's into the team. If your kid is heading to the NHL, which most, aren't, they will find their way onto the right team. Otherwise, let them play and have fun. I will apologize in advance for any misspelled words or grammar mistakes to save you the time from having to make a pointless post and waste your time and everyone else who clicks to see the new response

The '06 team mainly only plays two lines (benches the third line) even in blowout situations. The parents fit many of the pejorative stereotypes for youth hockey - I'll just leave it at that.

RiverDog
The '06 team mainly only plays two lines (benches the third line) even in blowout situations. The parents fit many of the pejorative stereotypes for youth hockey - I'll just leave it at that.

Right, the typical elite team with typical parents. The sell their program as an Elite program at least at the 06 level. Say they are just waiting for the EHF to move them up. They are very good (the lines they play) but I wonder what will happen if they do get to move up and have the option of putting a tier 1 team in as well

Looking at the standings, it appears that there are a couple teams down the bottom that everyone beats up on and should be moved down to the white division or even aaa. I believe the last place team is a town team. My nephew plays in this division and the competition is among the top half. All good programs at the top of 06 tier 1 level. Unfortunately my nephew isn't on any of them.

Coach at the 06's an a-hole

06 coach is a donkey....no doubt about it

I've seen a lot of organizations this coach is the only one that runs a tight ship. Runs his team like all programs should. Let's give credit where credit is deserved. The guy knows his s@&t!!!

So your son's team lost to them, I take it?

anon
Guido
weather?

I see several "typos" that I'm willing to bet are auto correct. People who point out grammar and spelling are about as original as "sorry your kid got cut" Neither mean a whole lot but I do get what the poster is trying to say and it's pretty spot on. Vipers are fine. Bandits are fine, all of the merging RI teams are fine if your kid fit's into the team. If your kid is heading to the NHL, which most, aren't, they will find their way onto the right team. Otherwise, let them play and have fun. I will apologize in advance for any misspelled words or grammar mistakes to save you the time from having to make a pointless post and waste your time and everyone else who clicks to see the new response

It does matter. The source of information matters, and I'm sure you filter out information you hear from dummies that can't speak the English language properly when you are having a face-to-face conversation. The same applies here. Your opinion is taken less seriously if you don't take the time to edit your post, or if you are incapable of putting together a coherent post.

anon
anon
Guido
weather?

It does matter. The source of information matters, and I'm sure you filter out information you hear from dummies that can't speak the English language properly when you are having a face-to-face conversation. The same applies here. Your opinion is taken less seriously if you don't take the time to edit your post, or if you are incapable of putting together a coherent post.

Actually, when I read the poster's comment I knew he wasn't referring to what was occurring outside due to the context of his posting so either his device autocorrected or he can't spell. In either case I got his point and his grammar did not confuse me or cause him to not get his point across. Must have been difficult for you though 😜