The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boch Blazers

Looking to move up from a town program next year. Kid good, not great. Next years Bantam town team coaching not looking to good so was considering Boch 2003 Select. Heard the current year at Boch for the 2003 Select was a disaster and a new coaching staff set for next year. Also heard Jr. Eagles Tier I might be involved somehow in Dedham as well. Is Boch worth a try? Appreciate any intel and advice about the program.

Re: Boch Blazers

I like Boch. The coach is the key. I would suggest attending tryouts at Boch, Eagles and any other clubs near where you live and see if you can chat with the potential coach and see if you get a good vibe. Eagles were attempting to purchase Boch but it fell through. The knock on Boch has been a bit of disorganization but if you get a good coach there is plenty of ice available to allow the coach to do his thing.

Thanks. Good advice. Going to try the new Jr. Huskys in Canton as well.

OMG, Stay way from that program at all costs.

I always thought the really missed an opportunity when they could have made their sweaters to look like a guy wearing a blue blazer jacket including the brass buttons. Mabe even with a khaki colored shell over the pants. A real homage to the 'suburban dad' look.

Stay clear of this troubled organization. Hea to the Eagles. Much better situation. Also stay clear of that new organization out of Canton called Huskies. First year, they don't know if the rink will open on time and teams will be horrible. Same with Crimson. No ice, coaches or players. Terriers could also be a god option if you're in that area.

Would you take town hockey over Boch, Huskies or Crimson?

Anon
Would you take town hockey over Boch, Huskies or Crimson?

Express. Phenomenal program!

Depends on the town program. Boch may be worth rolling the dice. Definitely stay clear of Huskies and Crimson at all cost. Other poster was accurate. Huskies new and who knows what you will get there. Crimson have been 4 different programs over the last 5 years. Classics, Mustangs,Kings affiliate, then Crimson...who knows what they will be next. No home rink, no consistent ice, no league to play in.

Boch is going under after tryouts. just looking to grab the tryout fee.

Counted only 30 kids at the Boch 2003 tryouts last night. 20 or so had Boch stickers on the helmet so only a hand full on new kids trying out for two teams (Elite and Select). Seemed light. Think more kids show up after the EHF tryouts are done?

What were the 04 and 02 numbers like?

2004 was Monday night, not there 2002 was light as well.

02's had a decent turn out of 25-30. very good coaching and player development. my son played for the Dedham bantam A2 team last season and was offered a spot on the blue team. not clear who is running skills but we were told its someone good.

25 to 30 kids at a tryout for two teams is good?