Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bandits getting booted from EHF!

anon
who cares
anon
I asked what your opinion was, given all your experience. I don't care if it was 1 years, 2 years or 10 years. How do you think it is going with the E9 play in system?

My honest answer it is too early too tell. Based on the very limited knowledge I have is that the original 6 are mostly the top 6 teams and the three play-ins are finishing towards the bottom. It seems also not a big amount of turnover in the teams getting in through the parity. It also seems that there is 4 teams with a good record and a huge drop off thereafter. So is there really that much of a difference?

The funny thing is that I am not opposed to what you suggesting, I just believe it might not have the effect you think it will have. But then again I think it doesn't mean crap how good my kids are at 8,9 or 10.

Quick look at the standings shows that 9 BHL play-in teams finished in the top 4 across the 2002 - 2007 divisions including at least 1 team in every age group. I can't figure out what the possible criticism or downside of this is.

in principle not a bad thing, but still one original 6 team finished last two years in a row and still gets an automatic berth. if you really want to do this it would be top 6. but that would mean every organization could be affected, and every elite organization's pull is to be elite. If you can't guarantee an elite spot year in year out your business model is not the same. I agree better for the sport, not good for business and therefore never gonna happen.

who cares
anon
who cares
anon
I asked what your opinion was, given all your experience. I don't care if it was 1 years, 2 years or 10 years. How do you think it is going with the E9 play in system?

My honest answer it is too early too tell. Based on the very limited knowledge I have is that the original 6 are mostly the top 6 teams and the three play-ins are finishing towards the bottom. It seems also not a big amount of turnover in the teams getting in through the parity. It also seems that there is 4 teams with a good record and a huge drop off thereafter. So is there really that much of a difference?

The funny thing is that I am not opposed to what you suggesting, I just believe it might not have the effect you think it will have. But then again I think it doesn't mean crap how good my kids are at 8,9 or 10.

Quick look at the standings shows that 9 BHL play-in teams finished in the top 4 across the 2002 - 2007 divisions including at least 1 team in every age group. I can't figure out what the possible criticism or downside of this is.

in principle not a bad thing, but still one original 6 team finished last two years in a row and still gets an automatic berth. if you really want to do this it would be top 6. but that would mean every organization could be affected, and every elite organization's pull is to be elite. If you can't guarantee an elite spot year in year out your business model is not the same. I agree better for the sport, not good for business and therefore never gonna happen.

I guess your argument couldn't lose. First it was useless because the play-in teams finish at the bottom. Now its no good because 2 of the original 6 teams finished at the bottom. Which one is it? Doesn't matter, you're right!

anon
Why not have the 7 or 8 automatic spots for the original organizations that have consistently put together good teams year after year and leave the other 2 or 3 spots open to have teams play in. Bandits, Top Gun and/or Falcons don't need to be banished just need to earn their spot against top tier 1 teams. The E9 really has that aspect figured out perfectly and EHF should follow suit.

sorry, but aren't the founder 6 of the E9 guaranteed a spot in the E9?

Yes, but E9 allows 3-4 teams to play-into the Elite division instead of a closed division of 10 teams. So maybe the EHF elite needs a 12 team division, if you insist the 10 founding teams don't have to earn their keep regardless of performance. That would allow 2 more teams to play in and most likely be at least middle of the pack as they are in the E9 and less games against the bottom feeders.

anon
Yes, but E9 allows 3-4 teams to play-into the Elite division instead of a closed division of 10 teams. So maybe the EHF elite needs a 12 team division, if you insist the 10 founding teams don't have to earn their keep regardless of performance. That would allow 2 more teams to play in and most likely be at least middle of the pack as they are in the E9 and less games against the bottom feeders.

Not a dog in the fight, but why not just have top 4 finishers guaranteed a spot and the rest battle it out for the remaining?

I don't understand the concept of the founding org getting automatic entries. That is accommodating the problem orgs instead of pushing them to fix their issues.