Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When do they say they had enough

Anon
anon
Usually this is all wishful thinking from the Dads of the big, slow players. In the end it is skating. Skating, skating, skating that separates players. If big blubber boy can't keep up to the pace of the game he will quickly fade away. Sad but true.
Geez, you posted this the last time the topic came up, too.

Let me predict your next post - there are only 2 - 3 impact checks per game.

We have a lot of one trick ponies on the Dboard.

Anon
Anon
anon
Usually this is all wishful thinking from the Dads of the big, slow players. In the end it is skating. Skating, skating, skating that separates players. If big blubber boy can't keep up to the pace of the game he will quickly fade away. Sad but true.

Either that or it's just the same 5 people posting over and over again.

Anon
Anon
anon

So the games you go to have 8-9 stoppage of play to take kids off of the ice? Rubbing a kid out along the boards is not considered an 'impact check'...well maybe if your fat lumbering kid is delivering the 'blow' it is.

The guy is right, the dads with the kids that can't skate are all sitting there saying 'wait until checking starts, it will alllll change' and then it happens and 3-4 weeks into it no one (even the dad's of the fat kids) cares.

I've had two kids that went through it including one that was a late December kid and it's no big deal.

The guy is right.

You can be a very good skater and small and still play; You can be a very good skater and large and still play; You can not be a below average skater and small and play; You can not be a below average skater and large and play.

The big slow kids become a total non-factor.