Ice Hockey DBoard

The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why do some parents force their kids to play hockey?

I see kids that just don't want to be there.... The parents force them to come to games and practices. It's sad the kids notice on the team as well. How long does this continue for?

Re: Why do some parents force their kids to play hockey?

Its everywhere, hockey seems to have it even more. It goes on a lot longer than it should but either the parents see the light or the kid is old enough to refuse to go or refuses to be bribed with new equipment or toys or privileges.

I agree end the misery for all of us. Don't force them if they don't want to be there !

Not only is this psychological abuse for the child but you are also hurting his teammates by making your child participate in a sport he has no interest in.

Why do some parents force kids to take music lessons, take art lessons, take dance lessons, etc. etc. etc.?

So they have someone to drink with the parking lot?

Let's let little Jimmy quit going to school while we're at it

my guess is by bantams the only kids left are the ones who really want to be there. I think parents struggle accepting a kid may want to quit because of the time and financial commitments.

Inside we all know when our child really doesn't want to do something anymore. Best to accept it and find the next thing.