Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 08 falcons

Silly OP. Don't you know that even though the mite years represent 25% of youth hockey years you are not allowed to mention any team or player without some dope telling you to change their diapers.

anon
Silly OP. Don't you know that even though the mite years represent 25% of youth hockey years you are not allowed to mention any team or player without some dope telling you to change their diapers.
And you don't see anything silly about a discussion around the compete level of 7 year olds?

Get a grip, dads.

Anon
I watched 08 falcons play this weekend. Looked like they must have the 2 best players in the league. Will anyone be able to compete with them this year. If there are 2 other players in the fed as good as those 2 I would love to see them.

Thanks dad! If I send you a shirt could you have them sign it for me?

Where are the two best mite majors now at 02? 03? 04?

At that age, all it takes is being ahead of the pack in skating straight ahead speed. You don't even really need to handle the puck if you can outskate everyone. Not everyone gets the early start, but they will all catch on soon.

The one kid is the best '08 I've seen. Not sure about the 2nd kid your talking about.
It was the #1 kid and everyone else...

Anon
The one kid is the best '08 I've seen. Not sure about the 2nd kid your talking about.
It was the #1 kid and everyone else...

OK, and we're saying this happens at every birth year and usually the kids don't end up being Orr or Gretzky. Cool off and let the kid play without heaping all these expectations on him. It'll be tough enough for him once the opposing defensemen finally learn how to skate backwards.

Ok, never mentioned he was going to amount to diddly. All I said was that the kid skated better than everyone, handled the puck with his head up, made smart plays and finished like a solid '06. Best '08/8yr. old/mite major I've seen. That's all, nothing else. It's a compliment to him, not a burden.

anon
Ok, never mentioned he was going to amount to diddly. All I said was that the kid skated better than everyone, handled the puck with his head up, made smart plays and finished like a solid '06. Best '08/8yr. old/mite major I've seen. That's all, nothing else. It's a compliment to him, not a burden.

Right, and EVERYONE else's post was, great, means nothing, lets see how he skates when the other 6-7 year olds go through their growth spurts, the later skaters come out, the hard work is paying off, etc, etc. Growth is exponential at the lower ages, so skill at 7 means nothing. When it levels off, when checking start, then tell me where that kid is and he's still a standout.

Amazing how people talking about kids playing hockey can get so many others bent out of shape. Maybe this should be renamed the Bantam Dboard. If people think their tyke bender is worth talking about, who cares? If mites and squirts get your panties in a bunch, don't click on a thread that starts with a number younger than 03.

anon
Amazing how people talking about kids playing hockey can get so many others bent out of shape. Maybe this should be renamed the Bantam Dboard. If people think their tyke bender is worth talking about, who cares? If mites and squirts get your panties in a bunch, don't click on a thread that starts with a number younger than 03.

Agree with this. Going on about 7 and 8 year olds playing is silly. It's silly to a lot of people on this board but if parents want to come on here and talk about how good their 7 year old is then have at it but you open your self up to being ridiculed and mocked

So instead of ignoring the thread, ridicule it. Got it. Makes perfect sense.

anon

Well yeah, say something stupid on here and expect to be ridiculed.

anon
anon

Who are you to determine what other people want to talk about is stupid? Are you the judgement police now or just some delusional Hilary supporter who thinks everyone should be just like you. Go whack off on the Town board you loser and let the OP talk about what he wants to talk about.

Anon
anon
anon

Who are you to determine what other people want to talk about is stupid? Are you the judgement police now or just some delusional Hilary supporter who thinks everyone should be just like you. Go whack off on the Town board you loser and let the OP talk about what he wants to talk about.

Can you go a single post without typing the words "Hillary" or "Town Board" ? Its redundant !

but at least you will have political boards to fall back on when your Mite quits hockey in a few years

Anon
Anon
anon
anon

Can you go a single post without typing the words "Hillary" or "Town Board" ? Its redundant !

but at least you will have political boards to fall back on when your Mite quits hockey in a few years

no because you losers need to do it. When ever someone comes on the dboard and wants to talk about what is going on you idiots jump all over them because your self righteous attitude thinks "its all about development". Frankly its not because if it was then why are you paying $5000+ a year for hockey. get off your high horse and shut your trap. Dont comment if it bothers you and let people have the discussion they want. Also dont worry about my kids. they get to make their own choices and are happy because of it.

This is great and all but have you seen the kid at MMF in the MDP? Best two way stopper that I've seen. Pizza stop - check, Right hockey stop - check, Left hockey stop - check. He's unreal. C-cuts, are off the chart and he's just finding his own on swizzles.

Dad has told a few select people that Eichel started out this way.

Anyway, kid plays like a mid-tier 09. Discuss.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
anon

no because you losers need to do it. When ever someone comes on the dboard and wants to talk about what is going on you idiots jump all over them because your self righteous attitude thinks "its all about development". Frankly its not because if it was then why are you paying $5000+ a year for hockey. get off your high horse and shut your trap. Dont comment if it bothers you and let people have the discussion they want. Also dont worry about my kids. they get to make their own choices and are happy because of it.

Who pays 5k a year for hockey ???

Looking forward to the debate Monday night ? Just hope by 9pm your blood pressure has dropped a bit especially if you have a weekend of banging on the glass and telling your mite to move using hand signals.

why you so angry ?

Anon
anon
anon

Just wait until your little guy gets a little older, then you'll realize how stupid, yes stupid, your post sounds.

Thanks for the generic and meaningless post.

Anyone that's been around the game knows that growth, work ethic and "checking" changes the equation. However, growth/work ethic and size won't solve the discrepancy for 90% of todays mites when compared to what that kid has today. Again, I'm not saying he should be signed with an advisor, but I am saying he has special talents and intangibles that the vast majority will never personally appreciate.

I think one of the kids played for BJT last year.

anon

Bantam Minor or U14?

anon
So is he billeting in Western MA this year?

Anon
anon

Moved out west so he could repeat full-day kindergarten.

anon
Anon
anon

Moved out west so he could repeat full-day kindergarten.

It's true. He repeated kindergarten and his parents claimed it was for "academic reasons" and it had nothing to do with the school's hockey coach pressuring him to stay back a year.

Fairly certain there are other teams that will compete with the Falcons.

Like who

MMF and BJE will be solid 08 teams too it looks like. Long season and at this age lots of kids will develop a lot during the season.

I've seen theses 2 kids play, better than most 05's- by the way 08's are 7 an 8 yr olds

Anon
I watched 08 falcons play this weekend. Looked like they must have the 2 best players in the league. Will anyone be able to compete with them this year. If there are 2 other players in the fed as good as those 2 I would love to see them.

Nice post dad. Which one of the the two phenoms is your guy? Just a thought, but judging by that good awful showing by the US this week, it looks like team USA could use a lot of help for the '18 Winter Olympics. If you could swing him by the tryouts next summer we'd all greatly appreciate it!