Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SSK v MFF

Not saying anything about what did or did not happen, but can you really say MFF has a problem of kids leaving/not wanting to play for them?

I think they attract more than deter.

What about the caps game? Loosing to that team is a bit of a shocker

Anon
What about the caps game? Loosing to that team is a bit of a shocker

We're talking about MFF 2004, right? Didn't lose to Caps, did they?

Talking about SSK 04 also, highly regarded but lost to the caps.

No one is dominating the North East right now especially in MA/NH/CT area. We are talking about 2004s. Too early. But I can tell you Honeybaked, Mission and CYA look very good and will probably be close to the top spots at the end of the month.

Iceman
No one is dominating the North East right now especially in MA/NH/CT area. We are talking about 2004s. Too early. But I can tell you Honeybaked, Mission and CYA look very good and will probably be close to the top spots at the end of the month.

I would argue MFF is dominating 2004 in the Northeast right now, and have for a couple of years.

MFF has played only 3 games and they tied SSK. I wouldn't call that dominating. As kids get older, the games will not be as lopsided as in Mites and Squirts. The competition will get bigger, better and faster. Don't believe everything that Ivan Drago tells you...

I think MFF has proven (through last year/PW Minor) that they are still top dog for 04s. Every team will have a few games/results that make you scratch your head, but that happens with 12 yr olds.

Yes - Honeybaked is right there, and maybe FL Alliance (now that they're a full-year team).....but there's a drop-off after that top-3. IHC and SSK would fall in next tier, along with the top Chicago team (maybe Mission this year), Little Caesars and a few others.

Then the next tier (10 through 30) is a crap shoot. Any team could beat any other team on any given day.

My 2 cents.

I agree with your assessment. It would be fun if we could get All those teams and then a few teams on the cusp in one showcase.

Iceman
MFF has played only 3 games and they tied SSK. I wouldn't call that dominating. As kids get older, the games will not be as lopsided as in Mites and Squirts. The competition will get bigger, better and faster. Don't believe everything that Ivan Drago tells you...

OK 3 games this year, but my point was they've established dominance over the past several years. Has your kid played against this team over the past 2 seasons (Sq Major, PW Minor)? They've rolled right through their EHF mini-schedule virtually uncontested with a very large goal differential.

Not to mention, they're the only team that consistently competes with or beats teams like CYA, Jr.Canadiens, Marlies, Honeybaked, etc.

With 2 girls too!

But their coach is nuts... Finished runner-up in a top level tournament in Canada and he requested the kids to destroy their runner-up trophy and throw them to the garbage can in the lockeroom. "Second place finish are for losers" he said.. Kids were crying!! they were squirts!!!

Anon
But their coach is nuts... Finished runner-up in a top level tournament in Canada and he requested the kids to destroy their runner-up trophy and throw them to the garbage can in the lockeroom. "Second place finish are for losers" he said.. Kids were crying!! they were squirts!!!

I like it !! second place is the first loser !

coach is wanted for child abuse in 2 states and in toronto

1 Girl. The other girl quit because the coach is a total D Bag.....

And the other one stay because she is the coach's daughter!!!!

still 2 girls on this team, and both high impact players

Iceman

Look pretty good to me this weekend at SuperSeries in Buffalo:

MFF 7, Mississauga Rebels 0 (2015-16 Ontario #6)
MFF 5, Elgin Middlesex Chiefs 3 (2015-16 Ontario #9)
MFF 5, Florida Alliance 2 (2015-16 #3 US)
MFF 6, CYA 0 (2015-16 #4 US)
MFF 3, Don Mills Flyers 1 (2015-16 Ontario #6)

26-6 goal differential, all Top 10 teams from US/Ontario. While IHC was losing to the Terriers this weekend at home. And BTW SSK was 2-3 at this same SuperSeries with a much easier schedule. Care to reconsider your position?

Anon
Talking about SSK 04 also, highly regarded but lost to the caps.

Ahh, I see. Yes, that was a surprise. Caps are not good.

Caps had very little shots on goal