email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Hockey Rankings

Anon
You need to get a life, or go buy a long rope and use it.

or you could get a life and let the guy have his say. who cares if he likes to run the numbers and talk about it. I am sure your Warcraft and Pokemon friends are waiting for you so move along.

Anon
You need to get a life, or go buy a long rope and use it.

Thank you my friend. We spend so much time arguing about teams and rankings that I think it's worth getting to understand how the MHR process works. What do you suggest I should have posted to a thread titled "My Hockey Rankings" which had already been seeded with a couple of thoughtful posts?

E9 top teams have their chance to improve in the rankings too - beat the weaker teams by 7 goals.
They might get dinged on the SoS rating, but you can make up for that with dominating wins.

Just have to avoid the 2-goal wins against bad teams.

Maybe that formula won't help you break the top-10, but you can hover inside the Top25 all year that way.

Anon
E9 top teams have their chance to improve in the rankings too - beat the weaker teams by 7 goals.
They might get dinged on the SoS rating, but you can make up for that with dominating wins.

Just have to avoid the 2-goal wins against bad teams.

Maybe that formula won't help you break the top-10, but you can hover inside the Top25 all year that way.

That is true, and a few do, but as you know these kids play up or down to their competition so there are very few 7 goal spreads. The goal is generally to win, not to win by 7.

The first 7 goals are to cover the MHR 7 goal max spread. Everything after that is to put a satisfied smile on my face...run it up!!!

Agree it too early but for the 05s, I'd say the top 5 or 6 won't change much. Quality kids and programs.