Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who cares

Have you ever visited a board in another geography? They all work the same way and post the same info.

It's a great place to gauge the general vibe of the region. I was hopeful there would be a little more equipment talk and information as to where the latest sales are but it seems to be more team specific stuff.

anon
It's a great place to gauge the general vibe of the region. I was hopeful there would be a little more equipment talk and information as to where the latest sales are but it seems to be more team specific stuff.
Now THAT would be boring. But, there are boards for things like that. When I want to read those, I just use Google to see people pretend to know what they are talking about. Some do, and that's enough for me.

And it's overstating it to call it "the general vibe of the region." It's the general vibe of the D Board. That's it. Some of the people that are saying the nastiest, ridiculous things are your best friends at the rink. Meaning, they're total phonies. Just like anywhere in life.

Anon
Tell me again what this board is for? Is there anything good that comes from it?? Is it just bashing little kids teams and leagues?

It's for fun! Just like youth hockey. You don't actually think our kids are going anywhere in hockey, do you? Get involved in their life, give them the support they need to achieve their potential (whatever that is), and have a good time while you still have the opportunity to watch them compete. Before long it'll be college bills and 30 minutes at dinner before they run out to hang with their pals.

Agree with this, but unless you want to talk about a specific couple programs or only about kids who are peewee major and older, you get more childish BS about how stupid the subject is.

anon
Agree with this, but unless you want to talk about a specific couple programs or only about kids who are peewee major and older, you get more childish BS about how stupid the subject is.
Well, maybe some day parents of Mites and Squirts will realize it really is ridiculous to talk about "power rankings" of 9 year olds.