email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF - Frauds

Anon
Who cares. As long as your kid is playing good hockey what does it matter what anyone else's kids is doing or what level their parents say they are in. Parents who have kids who play on the best teams in the best leagues never talk about their kids hockey. I find the kids don't either. When your really good you don't need to talk or brag about it and certainly don't care what others say or do. If you kid us not that good take skating lessons and try out for the best teams closest to your house. Easy! Stop worrying so much about. I hope you all spend this much time worrying about your kids integrity and academics as you about what hockey team they are on.

This is true. I find only the parents of fringe players get wrapped up in this. As if they think their kid will get a bump from having played EHF Elite when youth hockey is over and they must survive on their own merit.

anon
Anon
Who cares. As long as your kid is playing good hockey what does it matter what anyone else's kids is doing or what level their parents say they are in. Parents who have kids who play on the best teams in the best leagues never talk about their kids hockey. I find the kids don't either. When your really good you don't need to talk or brag about it and certainly don't care what others say or do. If you kid us not that good take skating lessons and try out for the best teams closest to your house. Easy! Stop worrying so much about. I hope you all spend this much time worrying about your kids integrity and academics as you about what hockey team they are on.

This is true. I find only the parents of fringe players get wrapped up in this. As if they think their kid will get a bump from having played EHF Elite when youth hockey is over and they must survive on their own merit.
Yup. I don't think any realistic parent is being fooled into thinking that they are buying something that they are not by the naming convention.

How is anything different now than before, when Elite / Tier 1 / EMHL was AAA Elite / AAA and AA? SSDD.

And, is Elite 9 any more elite now than when it was NEHL American just a few short years ago?

Have your kid develop an exemplary work ethic. Help him to develop a passion for the sport. Anything less than that, and he will end up being a recreational player at some point, regardless of what level they are playing at today.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. How many of you were "elite," in any sport?

Anon
Why can't the Fed just call it what it is? Why would they call their tier 2 teams tier 1? Egomaniac losers.

USA Hockey designates four skill levels:

Tier 1: The Highest Level of Competition, commonly called "AAA", following the Canadian system.

Tier 2: The Next Higher Level of Competition, commonly called "AA" or "A", following the Canadian system.

Tier 3: The Next Higher Level of Competition (Not all districts use this designation), may also be called "A", the lowest level of competitive hockey.

Recreational/Developmental: Includes House League and Select (House All-Star) Teams. May be called "B", "C", etc.

Kind of like the E9 calling itself Elite.

anon
Anon
Why can't the Fed just call it what it is? Why would they call their tier 2 teams tier 1? Egomaniac losers.

Tier 1: The Highest Level of Competition, commonly called "AAA", following the Canadian system.

Tier 2: The Next Higher Level of Competition, commonly called "AA" or "A", following the Canadian system.

Tier 3: The Next Higher Level of Competition (Not all districts use this designation), may also be called "A", the lowest level of competitive hockey.

Recreational/Developmental: Includes House League and Select (House All-Star) Teams. May be called "B", "C", etc.

Kind of like the E9 calling itself Elite.

another poser FED parent! The FED is built on the idea that it's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money. Keep dumping your money into the FED fantasy sucker hahaha - honest your kid is the best and by your kid I mean you Whatever league you (I mean your kid) plays in is definitely the best

So according to this Town 'A' hockey is the 'lowest level of competitive hockey' and 'B' & 'C' is recreational?

Don't tell that to my kid, he is one of the original "Town Hockey All-Stars!"

Anon

Shut up. All leagues have their divisions you idiot. What about e9/bhl and there "elite" or "select". Then you have town a, b, b1,b2, c. There is something for everyone. Who cares what it's called. It's called hockey. Wether it's good or bad hockey, kids are having fun and not sitting in front of the Xbox. Leave the kids alone and enjoy the game.

Why does mass hockey allow town A teams to compete for a tier 2 championship? The allow B teams compete for tier 3 and beyond. The rating system in mass is stupid at all levels. Like people have said millions of times on these boards, focus on getting a good coach for your kid, worry less about wins and rankings.