Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF Parity

Someone's kid made it onto a team that moved up to the top of the white and now they are crying unfair! Any team who made it into the black this year had to play you at the bottom as well as several other teams that were wasted trips. That's how it works. You can't whine when your team started at the bottom and worked your way to the top. That's what next year is for

anon
Anon
anon
LOL
Has the EHF ever moved up or down a team or team's due to win loss record in the regular season? Their are teams at the bottom of the black that have won 1-2 games and teams in the white that are either undefeated or lost 2 games. Just wondering if they ever look at this or leave the bottom dwellers to die in the black and the top teams in the white continue to dominate.

Thanks for the feedback Top Gun Parent. There is a world of difference from White to black. I guarantee you that Top Gun or Eagles would be at the bottom of the black. Buck up, take your year in the white and wait for next year. But remember, sometimes you get what you wish for. Those top white teams never jump right to the top when they make it into the black.

White champs last year are right in the mix.

Yep, and they were clearly way ahead of all of the other teams in the white. Great coach, has developed those kids well. They would kill Top Gun, BJE, Huskies. The rolled over the every team in the division. Makes sense where they are now. The rest, go back in forth in the lower half. Which is possibly what these white teams could do but they would be now where close to the middle. Def low end black

The HC is legit.

I'll be bringing my kid to tryouts. Coaching and development is what it's all about at this age.

LOL
Has the EHF ever moved up or down a team or team's due to win loss record in the regular season? Their are teams at the bottom of the black that have won 1-2 games and teams in the white that are either undefeated or lost 2 games. Just wondering if they ever look at this or leave the bottom dwellers to die in the black and the top teams in the white continue to dominate.

Would never happen. Then the "founding organizations" would have to admit to using players from their elite teams on their AAA teams in order to make sure that they got into the black division during the tournament.

The problem is because they allowed 12-13 teams in the Black and 9 teams in the White. It makes for an awful season for the bottom 3 Black teams and awful for the top 2 or 3 white teams. 9 team Black (Original design!) would solve 99% of competitive issues. Work harder white teams and you would't need to lobby for spots that you don't deserve!

At the 06' age group, there are 13 black teams and 7 white teams. The bottom 3 or 4 teams in black can't compete unless they play each other. They would probably be better suited playing in the white division.

Anon
At the 06' age group, there are 13 black teams and 7 white teams. The bottom 3 or 4 teams in black can't compete unless they play each other. They would probably be better suited playing in the white division.

That is correct my son.

No way some of those bottom 06 teams should have been placed in the black. Friars in particular but the Kings didnt really look like a black team in the parity either.. Crimson were originally supposed to have a team in the white but they disappeared.

Anon
No way some of those bottom 06 teams should have been placed in the black. Friars in particular but the Kings didnt really look like a black team in the parity either.. Crimson were originally supposed to have a team in the white but they disappeared.

Friars beat the Vipers in parity, and both finished 2-2. Kings also won 2 games in parity tournament

Anon
Anon

Friars beat the Vipers in parity, and both finished 2-2. Kings also won 2 games in parity tournament

My point exactly. Friars have, by far, the worst record at this point. That will change. Their record is not reflective of their ability. Played them in a great competitive game and we won by 2. They were in it the whole game. This is definitely like an earlier poster mentioned. Winey parents who's white team is finally doing well, now think they are better than all of the other white teams. Boo hoo, Move on, there is always next year

Anon
Anon

That is correct my son.

Not quite. There are 5 teams consistent and have dimiliar win %. There are 2 that have significantly low % and the rest are pretty close in the middle. What a record doesn't show this early iscthat certain n teams may have started with more difficult reams and others started with the lower end.

There is quite plenty possibly more of a skill difference from too to bottom in white than black. If those lower black treats make bed to white it would only make competitive games with the top two teams but would create more disparity between the top and bottom teams

Parity isn't perfect but every year it's the top 1-2 teams in the white that whine about having to play the weaker teams just let he the teams that made it into the blavk complained about them thevyeae before.

How do you think Breakers felt making the drive to the icenter to play monkey in the middle? Now they are at the top and complaining they are do much better then the other teams in the white it's not fair? Wah wah wah

I would be willing to bet the bottom few black teams would not run through the white division. The decision to include them in the black division came as a shock after parity. The writing was on the wall. They get through parity with only one win or even just a tie, against a white team and they are in black? C'mon now. That's not fair for anyone, especially the kids on the teams with only one win this season. There should be a mid season shuffle to realign.

Anon
I would be willing to bet the bottom few black teams would not run through the white division. The decision to include them in the black division came as a shock after parity. The writing was on the wall. They get through parity with only one win or even just a tie, against a white team and they are in black? C'mon now. That's not fair for anyone, especially the kids on the teams with only one win this season. There should be a mid season shuffle to realign.

So, in this case you would be referring to the MMFs snd Terruwrs R and . Both were in the Black the year and made minimal roster changes and I still think they would edge out the top two white teams. Get over it. There is always next year. Didn't your mama ever tell you like ain't fair sometimes. Work harder and maybe you will be one of those teams .... of course it WILL be the bottom of the black and you will have to listen to the top white teams complaining about how they could compete in the black blah blah blah

Sorry. Forgot the Hawks. Because of memory serves, 4 white teams made it into the black. The three black I listed were the ones at risk for getting knocked out.

Anon
Anon
Anon

That is correct my son.

Not quite. There are 5 teams consistent and have dimiliar win %. There are 2 that have significantly low % and the rest are pretty close in the middle. What a record doesn't show this early iscthat certain n teams may have started with more difficult reams and others started with the lower end.

There is quite plenty possibly more of a skill difference from too to bottom in white than black. If those lower black treats make bed to white it would only make competitive games with the top two teams but would create more disparity between the top and bottom teams

Parity isn't perfect but every year it's the top 1-2 teams in the white that whine about having to play the weaker teams just let he the teams that made it into the blavk complained about them thevyeae before.

How do you think Breakers felt making the drive to the icenter to play monkey in the middle? Now they are at the top and complaining they are do much better then the other teams in the white it's not fair? Wah wah wah

1. Proof read before clicking submit. Holy **** son!

2. Breakers aren't in White, playing solidly in Black. Fact check.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

That is correct my son.

That was in response to last years division A$$ hat, and sorry, I got to get to a real job so I didn't spell check but I suspect you get my point. Breakers are a great toem. They were above any team in the white by far. No one is denying that. My point is that now that top gun has moved from the very bottom to the very top, they think the can compete with Breakers. THEY CAN'T

1. Proof read before clicking submit. Holy **** son!

2. Breakers aren't in White, playing solidly in Black. Fact check.