Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 05 Fall Classic Tourney Update

All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I fine...with the E9 or EHF nonsense!

Chest Thumper
Why shouldn't I thump my chest? My kids on a better team than yours! I could care less if he's at the top, middle or bottom. I'm just happy he's on a good team. He'll get better because he's on a good team. I do love to stand along the boards and point out all the flaws in the teams we play as well as let the coach know what we should be working on to win more games. This is how we played those tougher teams more competitively. It's my right as a parent! And so what if I spend time telling my friends that my kids an elite player. I'm happy to see him play at such a high level. It's not like he skates every night and will need a new hip by the time he's 13.

THUMP THUMP

It's your right as a parent to tell the coach what the team should be working on?

Bet he loves that.

Anon
Chest Thumper
Why shouldn't I thump my chest? My kids on a better team than yours! I could care less if he's at the top, middle or bottom. I'm just happy he's on a good team. He'll get better because he's on a good team. I do love to stand along the boards and point out all the flaws in the teams we play as well as let the coach know what we should be working on to win more games. This is how we played those tougher teams more competitively. It's my right as a parent! And so what if I spend time telling my friends that my kids an elite player. I'm happy to see him play at such a high level. It's not like he skates every night and will need a new hip by the time he's 13.

THUMP THUMP

It's your right as a parent to tell the coach what the team should be working on?

Bet he loves that.

Why wouldn't he? Seems pretty receptive to my little tips and tricks. It helped out a lot at the superseries. Kept a few games really close.
THUMP THUMP

The coach has had it with that group? So are you assuming that the coaches just ended up with the 20 of the most uncooperative, uncoachable players? It goes both ways. It's not all the coaching, but it's not "the group" either. I happen to know some really nice families with good kids that play on that team. ( even some of the moms with hooves)

A
The coach has had it with that group? So are you assuming that the coaches just ended up with the 20 of the most uncooperative, uncoachable players? It goes both ways. It's not all the coaching, but it's not "the group" either. I happen to know some really nice families with good kids that play on that team. ( even some of the moms with hooves)

This is in reference to the "rumor" about the TG coach going to a different org

EHF dad
Anon
If top E9 team (Patriots) played top 4 EHF teams Mid Fairfield,Flames,Islanders,Eagles 10x each the Patriots record at the end of the 40 games would be maybe 4-35-1 at best. Most likely 2-34-4.

That's pretty clear. Stats don't lie people. When challenged at all, they've buckled

It's been said before, I guess I'll say it again since this group seems to be into rehashing old arguments: The top 3-4 EHF teams are the best around here. The rest of EHF and top of E9 are the same. So beat your chest if you have a kid on one of those 3-4 teams, but don't run around saying your mid-pack EHF team is better than anything in the E9 because that's not true. And if you're beating your chest about being on one of those 3-4 teams, then your kid better be in the top third of the roster or he's nothing special...just like the rest of the kids around here. So that's 10-15 daddies or mommies around here that have a kid worth spewing about on an anonymous youth hockey message board. I'm going to bet nobody on this thread spawned one of these 10-15 boys. Who by the way are competing to be the third best 2005 in the area because the top two are playing with 2004s.

100% accurate

anon
EHF dad
Anon
If top E9 team (Patriots) played top 4 EHF teams Mid Fairfield,Flames,Islanders,Eagles 10x each the Patriots record at the end of the 40 games would be maybe 4-35-1 at best. Most likely 2-34-4.

That's pretty clear. Stats don't lie people. When challenged at all, they've buckled

It's been said before, I guess I'll say it again since this group seems to be into rehashing old arguments: The top 3-4 EHF teams are the best around here. The rest of EHF and top of E9 are the same. So beat your chest if you have a kid on one of those 3-4 teams, but don't run around saying your mid-pack EHF team is better than anything in the E9 because that's not true. And if you're beating your chest about being on one of those 3-4 teams, then your kid better be in the top third of the roster or he's nothing special...just like the rest of the kids around here. So that's 10-15 daddies or mommies around here that have a kid worth spewing about on an anonymous youth hockey message board. I'm going to bet nobody on this thread spawned one of these 10-15 boys. Who by the way are competing to be the third best 2005 in the area because the top two are playing with 2004s.

This is absolutely correct.

anon
EHF dad
Anon

You're losing sight of the discussion. Easy to do little man...take a breathe. The discussion is with regards to the teams. Not the individual players. Sorry to burst your bubble of having your kid on a top team, but the fact is the Pats have only proven they would fit in the bottom third of the EHF. For the Pats dad who wanted proof (as if he doesn't know)
vs TG 6-5 L
vs SSK 4-3 L
vs TG 1-1 T
vs Falc 6-3 W
vs Falc 4-3 OT W
Results seem pretty consistent there. Want more? Ok, against better competition:
vs Montreal Nats 6-1 L
vs Little C's 4-2 L
vs CYA 5-0 L
GA 15 GF 3 vs decent clubs. Want more? Ok, when your top player is missing:
vs BJR 1-1. Only blemish on your E9 record.

Clearly the Pats are tops in the E9. Logic dictates that the rest of the E9 would be below that... which is the bottom 3.

That's the problem with your argument. Your assumption, because you said it is true, is that the top teams in the E9 need to prove to you results. There hasn't been any games of the top E9 teams versus the top EHF teams. So unless you show me those results what your saying is that is your opinion. Show me results of the Eagles, IHC, MMF against the top E9 teams.

quote=EHF dad]

anon
EHF dad
Anon

You're losing sight of the discussion. Easy to do little man...take a breathe. The discussion is with regards to the teams. Not the individual players. Sorry to burst your bubble of having your kid on a top team, but the fact is the Pats have only proven they would fit in the bottom third of the EHF. For the Pats dad who wanted proof (as if he doesn't know)
vs TG 6-5 L
vs SSK 4-3 L
vs TG 1-1 T
vs Falc 6-3 W
vs Falc 4-3 OT W
Results seem pretty consistent there. Want more? Ok, against better competition:
vs Montreal Nats 6-1 L
vs Little C's 4-2 L
vs CYA 5-0 L

Clearly the Pats are tops in the E9. Logic dictates that the rest of the E9 would be below that... which is the bottom 3.
[/quote]

Using your logic...,Until someone can show me the results of Lebron James beating me in a game of 1 on 1 I am sticking with the notion that I am as good as him

Your killing me. I literally just laughed out load.

So in your world the difference between the top teams in the EHF and the top teams in the E9 is the SAME difference as you and LeBron James in basketball?

All I needed to know. I am honestly crying I'm laughing so hard.

Anon
Using your logic...,Until someone can show me the results of Lebron James beating me in a game of 1 on 1 I am sticking with the notion that I am as good as him

I laughed hard too about that Lebron analogy! Soo misguided and blind!

I saw that! How crazy are these dad's!

This just in. I cant score on Tuukka so the EHF is better. Think about it.

Anon

if your mother had balls, she would be your father...think about it

EHF dad
anon
EHF dad
Anon

vs TG 6-5 L
vs SSK 4-3 L
vs TG 1-1 T
vs Falc 6-3 W
vs Falc 4-3 OT W
vs Montreal Nats 6-1 L
vs Little C's 4-2 L
vs CYA 5-0 L

EHF dad (so proud you must be), I'm not losing sight of the discussion. I'm saying the discussion is retarded. In my travels, I've found that the guy who chirps loudest about how good his son's EHF team is, most times has a kid on one of the top teams who is riding coattails, or is on one of the lower end teams trying to justify his decision to overlook a really good E9 option for the sake of being battered senseless four times by the top EHF teams. Which are you? And have you done right by your kid? I guess we'll see in a couple of years when they are all in the same pool competing for HS roster spots.

And if you really care about strength of team, just go to MHR and call it a day. I think you'll find it supports your argument.

[/quote]
EHF dad (so proud you must be), I'm not losing sight of the discussion. I'm saying the discussion is retarded. In my travels, I've found that the guy who chirps loudest about how good his son's EHF team is, most times has a kid on one of the top teams who is riding coattails, or is on one of the lower end teams trying to justify his decision to overlook a really good E9 option for the sake of being battered senseless four times by the top EHF teams. Which are you? And have you done right by your kid? I guess we'll see in a couple of years when they are all in the same pool competing for HS roster spots.

And if you really care about strength of team, just go to MHR and call it a day. I think you'll find it supports your argument.[/quote]

Nope, no, no...now hold on a minute. You said "The rest of EHF and top of E9 are the same" and "your mid-pack EHF team is better than anything in the E9".
There was no chest pounding about who's team is best (that ship has sailed). Just a representation of the results which clearly show the top of the E9 (currently the Pats) would be battling for a bottom spot in the EHF.

Since October 1st….

Patriots scored 6 on Falcons, beat them by 3
Patriots scored 4 on Falcons, beat them by 1
Capitals put up 2 on the Falcons, tied
Capitals put up 4 on the Falcons, beat them by 1
Capitals put up 5 on the Falcons, beat them by 3
Flames scored 3 on the Falcons, beat them by 2
Eagles scored 6 on the Falcons, beat them by 5
Eagles scored 4 on the Falcons, beat them by 1
Islanders put up 4 on the Falcons, beat them by 3
Islanders scored 1 against the Falcons, tied
SSK scored 5 on the Falcons, beat them by 3
SSK scored 1 on the Falcons, tied
Top Gun scored 5 on the Falcons, beat them by 2

As far as I can see, the only team that has whipped the Falcons is Mid Fairfield, who won 11-1. Other than that, nobody has scored more goals against the Falcons than the Patriots, and only the Eagles have beaten them by more goals.

Everything else is heresay and speculation. But I guess that's why we all come to the D-Board, isn't it?

Rocket Scientist
Since October 1st….

As far as I can see, the only team that has whipped the Falcons is Mid Fairfield, who won 11-1. Other than that, nobody has scored more goals against the Falcons than the Patriots, and only the Eagles have beaten them by more goals.

Everything else is heresay and speculation. But I guess that's why we all come to the D-Board, isn't it?

Now tell us about your 03

Anon
Rocket Scientist
Since October 1st….

Now tell us about your 03

MFR beat SSK 9-1. Tied 1-1 the next day.

Does this mean that SSK is great and MFR sucks?
Does this mean that MFR is great and SSK sucks?
Does this mean they are equal?

No - it means they are 11 and one team played down and one team play up for one game. The real question is do you win more than you lose? Are you more consistent.

Not only are the top 2 playing 04. The clueless 05 parents don't even realize birth year means nothing come high school time!!!! Think about that. There are plenty of 04s that are in your kids grade that you don't even know about!

Wait till they show up at high school tryouts. i can see them now…

"wait..I never saw him in the EHF…wait the hell is going on"

anon
EHF dad
Anon

You just don't get it. You are a "first time through dad"

Leagues don't matter. Winning (as you say) doesn't matter. What matters is your kid developing and have the physical skill (after checking) that will matter.

anon
consistently winning when you should is a key for 11 year old hockey.

MFR beat SSK 9-1. Tied 1-1 the next day.

Does this mean that SSK is great and MFR sucks?
Does this mean that MFR is great and SSK sucks?
Does this mean they are equal?

No - it means they are 11 and one team played down and one team play up for one game. The real question is do you win more than you lose? Are you more consistent.

TG is not very good on a consistent basis but they are 11 and can play well against better teams on a one off basis.

SOOOOOO

What results do have this year as to the EHF beating E9 top teams?

So if you don't have much it must be so because you say it so!

Ill wait

anon
SOOOOOO

What results do have this year as to the EHF beating E9 top teams?

So if you don't have much it must be so because you say it so!

Ill wait

Unfortunately the best I can come up with is that the LAST PLACE EHF Falcons 06 elite team BEAT the 06 Elite Rifles E9 a few times last weekend. The Rifles are in 3rd place in the E9, however the Rifles have beat the 1st and 2nd place teams in E9 this season. Oh and the Rifles also lost to a town team last weekend.

Is that enough information for you?

Toodles.....

We are talking 05. Come on keep up.

Winning matters to the extent the environment if fun which is a prerequisite for development. Kids need to enjoy the game and want to play more because it will get hard, very hard once checking comes into play. Some animal from Flin Flon Manitoba with a elevated compete level has no choice but to play hockey or mine for copper! I would take him all day long.