email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which owners care

What owners really care about kids and parents

Re: Which owners care

Answer: None. They don't even know who you are unless you have a kid on the same team as their kid, your checks keep bouncing or you're a very attractive Mom.

No one could answer that question . At least some have decency to provide a good product though!

I would say if the actual owner is out there on the ice with a few teams at all ages and levels, coaching skills and knows about 95% of the kids in the organization by thier first name then that is pretty good.

More than what I expect from lots of owners, and think that shows they care a little

tg owner owns a 3 ring circus

anon
tg owner owns a 3 ring circus

True.

wizards owner on ice every skills

anon
wizards owner on ice every skills

I bet that is one hell of a dog and pony show.

most owners know names that are on the check

Anon
I would say if the actual owner is out there on the ice with a few teams at all ages and levels, coaching skills and knows about 95% of the kids in the organization by thier first name then that is pretty good.

More than what I expect from lots of owners, and think that shows they care a little

"Hello in the Cliff. Tell me, What color is the sky in your world?"

I'm betting there isn't a single owner in the EHF or E9 that even know the first names of the assistant coaches in their program never mind 95% of the kids.

Anon
Anon

I'm betting there isn't a single owner in the EHF or E9 that even know the first names of the assistant coaches in their program never mind 95% of the kids.
I find that very hard to believe. Most owners are around watching. Business is business nobody can watch your money better than yourself. Take that to the bank

Anon
Anon
Anon

I find that very hard to believe. Most owners are around watching. Business is business nobody can watch your money better than yourself. Take that to the bank

I hope Santa brings you everything your little heart desires. You really are a naive, I mean nice, person.

Most owners are around to guard the cash box at tryouts and an occasional championship game at the end of the season to answer any questions people might have about their secrets to success. Naturally, If they own the skills company that runs your programs skills, you should see them on the ice, since they're paying themselves a nice little chunk of your tuition money for that service. If your program has an "office" in the rink you skate out of, they may be around the rink some, but you can bet it's not to watch your kids games.

Don't get me wrong, select hockey is a step up from town in most cases (at least at the so called elite and tier 1 levels) but know what you're getting into. It's strictly a money making proposition for the owners. It's up to you to do your homework and find a good coach for your age level that will help your kid develop into that solid and respectful player you want them to be. If you're blindly banking on program name and owners who care, it's you that's going to get taken to the bank.

I will tell you who cares Gallant cares. He is a businessman but he runs a professional org.
He built a beautiful rink. Get quality coaches and cares what his teams look like on the ice and in the standings.
People knock him all the time but he is a leader of our sport in this area

Anon
I will tell you who cares Gallant cares. He is a businessman but he runs a professional org.
He built a beautiful rink. Get quality coaches and cares what his teams look like on the ice and in the standings.

Anon
Anon

No offense, but the guy just threatened a million dollar law suit against a "rival" program if they began skating out of the new rink they just helped to fund on the North Shore. Apparently it took him over a year to figure out this rink "encroached" on his own self drawn EHF "territorial" map, and was afraid it would deplete the talent level and profits in his program even further. In order to stave off a law suit of his own for denying the full ownership group the lost revenue from the other program's scheduled ice time, he had to buy up a big chunk of the denied ice time at this new rink for his own program. But don't worry, I'm sure if he's such a caring owner, he won't raise your tuition rates at all for next season to recoup his added expenditures from this season. By pulling such a D-bag move, he just proved himself to be the embodiment of what's wrong with the select hockey money model that MA hockey has become.

Anon
Anon
Anon

No offense, but the guy just threatened a million dollar law suit against a "rival" program if they began skating out of the new rink they just helped to fund on the North Shore. Apparently it took him over a year to figure out this rink "encroached" on his own self drawn EHF "territorial" map, and was afraid it would deplete the talent level and profits in his program even further. In order to stave off a law suit of his own for denying the full ownership group the lost revenue from the other program's scheduled ice time, he had to buy up a big chunk of the denied ice time at this new rink for his own program. But don't worry, I'm sure if he's such a caring owner, he won't raise your tuition rates at all for next season to recoup his added expenditures from this season. By pulling such a D-bag move, he just proved himself to be the embodiment of what's wrong with the select hockey money model that MA hockey has become.

That is the business side. Try comprehending what you read.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

That is the business side. Try comprehending what you read.

Thanks you silly sunglasses and thumbs up emoji guy. I'm hoping to enroll in some night classes at Merrimac College soon to work on that reading comprehension stuff. Let's see if I can get this straight. Pretty orange and blue uniforms and sweat suits equals looking good on and off the ice. Building a "beautiful" single rink with no seating and no parking onto an existing rink at a land locked college, instead of finding some land of my own to develop and build a twin rink with indoor playing fields, a fitness center, plenty of parking and is easily accessible to a major highway, I'm guessing is considered forward business thinking. Threatening a seven figure lawsuit against another program because they had the forsight to jump on board with a group that looked at the big picture and filled a need in a certain community, I guess would be considered compassionate capitalism maybe??? After all, he's only doing it to look out for the kids in his program and making sure they have enough kids to play youth hockey with, at least until his top notch coaching staff cuts them all when they hit the U levels and trades them in for new and improved models which can bring glory to the mighty IHC. Is that about right?

he is a businessman and uses youth sports as a way to make a lot of money. His "donations" are exactly that, ways to write off money and look good doing it. Anyone who thinks that, or any of these owners are doing it for the kids are exactly what they want, naive parents who want their kids to achieve the glory they never had. And as many have told us on this board and will continue to tell us, not many kids at all ever achieve that glory.

Enjoy your time with your kids doing something they love, and if you want to spend a portion of their college tuition before they get there, give it to one of these owners who really cares about your kid, *******.

Anon
Anon

Say what you want about them, but take a look over at Raynham. JL is on the ice for lots of practices, with Elite and AAA teams, on the bench of lots of teams he isn't even coaching, and I bet he knows the kids names from his U18 college commits right down to his 07 AAA kids ! I get the impression he cares !

Same with TL in Hingham

RG and IHC donate more money to good causes in the community then any other program. Name one program that does half as much?

Anon
Anon

I have no idea if it translates in any way to caring but I can tell you that TL and JL know first and last names of just about every kid in their programs, including the select kids. They know what level they are at and what they need to work on too. Like I said, I'm not sure that means they care, it just means they are heavily involved on the ice and work with the kids that play for them.