Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: South Shore Kingdumb?

Logistically the program is in a great spot, to bad it's not what it use to be. Look at the results over the last 5-10 years, the trends don't lie.

Anon
Logistically the program is in a great spot, to bad it's not what it use to be. Look at the results over the last 5-10 years, the trends don't lie.

Look at every south of Boston program and tell me which one performs above 500 in all ages groups every year? None! Find a coach you like, if you are seeing your kid improve and wins SOME games you are ahead of the game. The only thing important about youth is development.

Anon

Competition for players and families is much tougher now than it ever was. Too many other options to keep all or most of the good players from the area in one organization .

anon
Anon

Competition for players and families is much tougher now than it ever was. Too many other options to keep all or most of the good players from the area in one organization .

If your theory is correct then things will only be getting worse for the Kings now that NESV is up and running.

THE KINGDOM HAS FALLEN!

It's been great for my kid so far. If it stops working for us I certainly will not bash the program where my kids friends are still playing.

Anon
It's been great for my kid so far. If it stops working for us I certainly will not bash the program where my kids friends are still playing.

Thanks Jay!

anon
Anon
What is it with this program? Once the premiere program in the EHF and now it's made up of mostly bottom dwellers. Every year they hold tryouts but make FEW changes and the teams continue to decline, crazy parents yelling from the stands, players quitting mid-season, nut job coaches on the bench. Teams are picked and assembled by who knows who, not by skill or coach ability. It's a shame bc it's a nice facility and location. 05, 06 and 07 teams all overdue for coaching changes which will happen before end of year. WTF is going on? Can this program be saved?

Owner needs to wake up and put a stop to this nonsense asap.

Thanks for the evaluation. But here is my question? Why do people feel the need to bash other programs. Why do you care so much? You clearly don't have kids in every division in 05, 06, and 07 as you mentioned in your post so why so concerned about every division. If you don't like the way a program runs, leave. It's that simple. If you are still there, you should leave. That simple. But, if you are not there and are happy where you are, why the need to come on here to bash an entire program.

No. Thank you for your evaluation. Are they the program of old? The answer is no, now something needs to change.

anon
Anon
What is it with this program? Once the premiere program in the EHF and now it's made up of mostly bottom dwellers. Every year they hold tryouts but make FEW changes and the teams continue to decline, crazy parents yelling from the stands, players quitting mid-season, nut job coaches on the bench. Teams are picked and assembled by who knows who, not by skill or coach ability. It's a shame bc it's a nice facility and location. 05, 06 and 07 teams all overdue for coaching changes which will happen before end of year. WTF is going on? Can this program be saved?

Thanks for the evaluation. But here is my question? Why do people feel the need to bash other programs. Why do you care so much? You clearly don't have kids in every division in 05, 06, and 07 as you mentioned in your post so why so concerned about every division. If you don't like the way a program runs, leave. It's that simple. If you are still there, you should leave. That simple. But, if you are not there and are happy where you are, why the need to come on here to bash an entire program.

Thanks Jay!

Anon
anon
Anon

Thanks Jay!

Not Jay, not even from the Kings, but am from a program frequently bashed on here but very happy where we are. Actually, very few programs not bashed on here so not sure why I even posted since it's clear, whenever someone leaves a program/gets cut from a program, they feel the need to trash it

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Thanks Jay!

Not Jay, not even from the Kings, but am from a program frequently bashed on here but very happy where we are. Actually, very few programs not bashed on here so not sure why I even posted since it's clear, whenever someone leaves a program/gets cut from a program, they feel the need to trash it

Ok JD.... Whatever you say!

Anon

[/quote}
Ohh yah , There's a guy from BIA his kid plays all those levels. Has waiver for 07 check has played 06 check and currently playing 05 check. Ok only question when can we send him your way? He still under contract with Bandits but that owner would be a fool not to cut him loose. I mean let him play for multiple organizations. Hell he will probably make you an offer to sell. He going to be youth hockey's biggest conglomerate. He builds champions !!!!

Anon

Get a life ! too bad the bandits didn't work out for you!

My kid plays for another team in the 05 EHF. I would have no problem having him play for the 05 coach. I think he's a pretty good coach and that team has been very competitive. Problem is they struggle to score like others. As the years go by, it gets more difficult to get impact players. Claude Julian could coach that team and I do not think the record would be that much different. In regards to the other teams, I'm not sure what is going on. At one time it was the premiere program, I'm not sure why that changed over the past 5-10 years.

Awful program that just sent teams to the Q three years running 02',03' and this year 04's lowest ranked team is the 06 team at #28. Organization stands behind its teams, facility is great and plenty of ice time. Go get your shine box and get to work, you have know idea what your talking about!

Anon
Awful program that just sent teams to the Q three years running 02',03' and this year 04's lowest ranked team is the 06 team at #28. Organization stands behind its teams, facility is great and plenty of ice time. Go get your shine box and get to work, you have know idea what your talking about!

You mean "no idea" ?

Anon
Anon

You mean "no idea" ?

Chug a chug a choo choo - all aboard!

Drink that Kool aid son!

Anon
Anon

You mean "no idea" ?
#$&#!!! thanks!

Anon
Plus they have one of the better Juniors programs in MA, which filters down to the U18 and U16 levels. Plus their U14 team is going to Nattys. Terrible.

Anon

I wouldn't pound your chest about a my hockey rankings # or the Q when they are participating in a pay to play.

Anon
Anon

I wouldn't pound your chest about a my hockey rankings # or the Q when they are participating in a pay to play.
Not the poster, and not affiliated with SSK, although I'll be exploring changing that for next year.

I don't think the point was about how they get to the Q, or rankings. The OP claimed the organization is filled with "bottom dwellers." As someone has already pointed out, if that's from the outside looking in, why does anyone care? If it's from the inside, leave.

Now, let's go back to the TWO threads that are STILL going about hockey on the Cape.

Here are some stats @ MHR

04: Solid

05: for every game you win, you lose 2
06: for every game you win, you lose 2.5
07: for every game you win, you lose 2

So again back to the OPs question - what is going on? SSK used to be a premiere program. The rankings on MHR mean ZERO so please don't respond with a foolish statement again. This isn't some college poll service published in USA Today. Some clown runs the MHR website out of his moms basement.

For those of you that don't know, these 3 birth years are on life support in Foxboro.

If this trend continues the Kings will be gone in a few years due to Giants new facility 12 minutes away.

#Bud-ByeKingdumb

#HelloTimmy

Anon
Here are some stats @ MHR

04: Solid

05: for every game you win, you lose 2
06: for every game you win, you lose 2.5
07: for every game you win, you lose 2

So again back to the OPs question - what is going on? SSK used to be a premiere program. The rankings on MHR mean ZERO so please don't respond with a foolish statement again. This isn't some college poll service published in USA Today. Some clown runs the MHR website out of his moms basement.

For those of you that don't know, these 3 birth years are on life support in Foxboro.

If this trend continues the Kings will be gone in a few years due to Giants new facility 12 minutes away.

#Bud-ByeKingdumb

#HelloTimmy

At the youth level, most parents are looking for convenience first and foremost. Sure, there are the nut jobs who shop their 8-year-old kid to the highest bidder just because junior skates better than the other kids (which will not last). But overall, thanks to oversaturation of teams, there are plenty of local options for (rationale) parents.

The SSK are no longer the only legit program in the South Shore, and their younger youth teams are showing the affects.

And my answer to that? Who cares! It's youth hockey!

Few organizations are as strong from the Premier to in-house as the SSK. Solid organization.

Anon

They got rid of the terrible coach at the 06 level. Guy ruined the team. Will take time to rebuild but getting rid of that clown was a step in the right direction

u14 going to nationals, 04 going to q, but yeah the kingdom has fallen sorry your kid didn't make the team

anon
u14 going to nationals, 04 going to q, but yeah the kingdom has fallen sorry your kid didn't make the team

Wow 2 birth years in the whole program with winning records! That's astonishing! The Q not that special since teams can pay to play. Hey good luck though!

Anon
anon

Wow 2 birth years in the whole program with winning records! That's astonishing! The Q not that special since teams can pay to play. Hey good luck though!

That's the way this works. Show me any other program where all or the majority of their years are at the top. And I'm betting the program your kid skates st is not one you may point out. Because anyone this scorned with any program has an ax to grind and it's usually not because they were successful when they played at the program the Parents are bashing

Anon
Anon
anon

That's the way this works. Show me any other program where all or the majority of their years are at the top. And I'm betting the program your kid skates st is not one you may point out. Because anyone this scorned with any program has an ax to grind and it's usually not because they were successful when they played at the program the Parents are bashing

Your making it into a conversation that it's not. The original poster says it's not what it used to be and the coaches are a little crazier. Then you wannabe club hockey experts come on and start throwing your weight around. And pointing fingers. However the true results show you only have 2 successful birth years geared around the Q and Nationals. There is generally a lot of turnover to assemble these teams, player poaching etc....

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Your making it into a conversation that it's not. The original poster says it's not what it used to be and the coaches are a little crazier. Then you wannabe club hockey experts come on and start throwing your weight around. And pointing fingers. However the true results show you only have 2 successful birth years geared around the Q and Nationals. There is generally a lot of turnover to assemble these teams, player poaching etc....

And again, for those bashing, what is the percentage of teams at all age groups on the winning side? How do you judge a successful program? Quite frankly, I don't gauge it by the Q and the Nationals. That is like gauging your program on the success of your Juniors program. Half of the Juniors I hear around the rink don't even speak English. My response was to any parent who comes on bashing an entire program for not having winning teams and coaches getting crazier. A. There is absolutely no way any Parent knows every coach, and if they do they might want to point the crazy finger back at themselves. And B, if you determine success by a winning record, then every year it would be a different organization because kids and coaches shift yearly and records ....I repeat...winning records are NOT an indication of development of players. It is very easy for coaches to keep that first line in for most of the game to get a win. 2-3 players can dominate, especially a the lower levels. We have all seen that happen. That does not mean the rest of the team is being developed.