Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: North Shore Nordiques

Typical dad knowing nothing about the game and trying to make a buck.
Let's a bunch of kids playing on the Brick team ride for free last year to try and make a name for himself. Even sells clothing to take you for a little extra ride.

I love the names on the back of the jersey's that in no way, shape or size match the players at the different tournaments. Complete joke and exactly what others are saying. It is a way for his kid who is not elite to play with some better players. I disagree with the poster that said spend 5 minutes with him; he can fool you in 5 min, spend a weekend with him or more and you know he is a fool! Good luck.

Is this the same group as the Norsemen I watch play in the Islander 3on3?

Yes. Above comments are pretty accurate. Just a dad trying to have his kid play with top players. Used to be coach of Islanders Tier 1. Hadn't heard anything about him acting sketchy on road trips though, sounds like a good story.

Anon
Yes. Above comments are pretty accurate. Just a dad trying to have his kid play with top players. Used to be coach of Islanders Tier 1. Hadn't heard anything about him acting sketchy on road trips though, sounds like a good story.

Please do tell!!!

HockeyDad
Anon

Please do tell!!!

Sooo

HockeyDad

Not the same group. The Norseman were thrown together to participate in the 3 on 3. Most of the kids go to the same skills class or have played on summer teams together and are friends outside the rink.

Some of those kids did play on the Nordiques over the past summer but this is a totally different team with no affiliation.

anon
HockeyDad

Not the same group. The Norseman were thrown together to participate in the 3 on 3. Most of the kids go to the same skills class or have played on summer teams together and are friends outside the rink.

Some of those kids did play on the Nordiques over the past summer but this is a totally different team with no affiliation.

This group's obsession with northern territories smacks of some new form of bigotry

anon
Not sure if I would call a spring / summer alternative "below average"... depends on what you're looking for.

The 06 team has played at the Montreal Meltdown and did fairly well. Played the second division the first year and then moved up to the first division last year or the year before. The team primarily plays in local tournaments (Marlboro, Lobster Fest and then the Meltdown).

They should have a decent team at the 06 level but many kids are playing on other teams this spring and summer for some big tournament in Minnesota and another few tournaments in Canada.

I would say its not a bad alternative to the "bigger named" programs around here. It's 10 and 11 year old hockey so it get's the kids playing between lacrosse and baseball.

I don't think they're very strong