Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any MA/Southern NH Programs Without Parents Coaching?

Work on your spelling

Seacoast Spartans moving to coaches who are not dads.

Good luck to any program who can find people to make the commitment of being a full time Hockey coach on any team that is not a parent . Parent Coaches are usually paid by given a half tuition contract which is around $1500 to $2000 depending on team . That money isn't worth all the time and effort that goes into being at the rink 5 times a week at least nor is it worth driving all around the universe . Yes , your going to get college kids in the beginning ,people that want to help out with kids or maybe even find that 1 person who truly wants to help kids for the sake of it again in the beginning but.......... the reality is I don't see anyone making that commitment 3-5 times every week for for 1500 to 2000 dollars without somewhat of a stake in the team such as a son / daughter or relative Won't happen!!!! These teams that are going to no daddy coaches need to realize the money that they're going to be given up is way more then what a daddy coach gets for his time and effort . Who knows maybe I'm wrong and and these coaches will be paid 10k or more because that's the only way I see that working more than a year .

Anonymous
Seacoast Spartans moving to coaches who are not dads.

If true, that's a great idea.

There are a few good "daddy coaches" from mite to Bantam - but they are FAR AND FEW. And I mean single digits.

Most just concerned and focused on their own player, who wouldn't be a starter for any other team.

Watch out for the aliens driving zambonis

08 AI

anon
08 AI

Is that where the Aliens reside ?

It's NOT TOP GUN, all daddy coaches there with only one focus .... their bender.

Thanks Mike