Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BB Early LooK tryouts

So was it an early look for two 05 teams?

Anon

05 had almost 50 kids on the ice. 06 I hear was very busy too. Knights and Hurricane kids.

anon
Anon

05 had almost 50 kids on the ice. 06 I hear was very busy too. Knights and Hurricane kids.

Certainly looks like they will have 2 solid 05/06 teams to me! Way to go DS!

For those of you who missed please watch LiveBarn.

Anon
For those of you who missed please watch LiveBarn.

Why would anyone want to do that? Bruh

anon
Anon

Boy, might have the current bandits parents all nerved now. Those numbers shouldnt even include those 06 Breakers already slated to come over to the Bandits with the new coach. WW may be looking at the 06 Q team folks

This was for non league players only, so no current EHF players were there

Anon

Great job DS, very successful event!

Anon

Not true... stay out of the loop if you don't have a clue

Quite a few 05' Islanders and 05' Caps there too. "Don't call it a comeback!"

05/06 Bandit Elite teams will do fine next year. Worry about your own kids team.

Anon
Anon

Umm look like you are out of the loop dude.. this was a non league event.

Anon
Anon
Anon

That was changed last minute to allow the Bandits kids to attend, apparently you were not there

BB? Bridgewater Benders?

OMG, now my kid can't even make the Bandit!s!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

That was changed last minute to allow the Bandits kids to attend, apparently you were not there

Again, typical bandits breaking the rules. This was absolutely booked as non ehf players, it's against the rules for ehf players to be at ehf tryouts before they start on the 19th, and this is typical bandits...make it look like lots of kids show up to get more there for the next tryouts because they look competitive. So, what you are saying is tryouts weren't as successful since half the kids there were current Bandits. Sounds about right. And how do I know that....because anyone who skated there knows certain coaches made the kids come to pre-tryouts in order to make the numbers look good

It was a free skate you fool

There were several kids from caps, terriers, lovell and canes.

Anon
There were several kids from caps, terriers, lovell and canes.

and kings

Anon
It was a free skate you fool

No, it was an early look skate and clearly stated on their website for non ehf players. That looked good to the FED but that was the only reason it was there....fool

Whatever it was, it worked and was successful!

Anon
Whatever it was, it worked and was successful!

we'll see

Do you have access to the interweb? Nowhere on their page does it say non-EHF. Do you just make stuff up?
http://bostonbandits.com/news.php?news_id=1452471

Anon
Do you have access to the interweb? Nowhere on their page does it say non-EHF. Do you just make stuff up?
http://bostonbandits.com/news.php?news_id=1452471

Actually I do, and actually I checked there site prior to tryouts and actually I saw their photo that (in very small print to be easily missed) but at the top of the page it clearly said non-EHF, so No, I do not just make this stuff up. And, do you have interweb? I believe you are referring to the internet but so you ever access the EHF site and look at rules? Or do you just listen to what the Bandits feed you?

not at all bandits. Went to the website based on your post. And "interweb" is a tongue in cheek way above you. see ya

If you registered for the event it is clearly stated.

Anon

y'all missing the point here. regardless of rules, there was interest. everyone had said prior no-one would turn up as in recent years. however, who ever thinks though that his team isn't picked yet, has clearly not learned anything in his parent mite years. there might be one or two spots open if that.

how they will look next year, who cares - everyone should hope they look better than two years ago because it would make the league better.

anon
Anon

y'all missing the point here. regardless of rules, there was interest. everyone had said prior no-one would turn up as in recent years. however, who ever thinks though that his team isn't picked yet, has clearly not learned anything in his parent mite years. there might be one or two spots open if that.

how they will look next year, who cares - everyone should hope they look better than two years ago because it would make the league better.

No. everyone knew who would be there. The Breakers and LK coaches with their group of kids since they will be coaches. The current Banduts are always told to come. I would think most expected some disgruntled Hurricanes. Those were all expected. So, with the exception of those kids everyone knew would be there, doesn't seem like there was an significant addition from elsewhere. Hope it works for the Bandits but don't make it more that what it really was.

Anon
anon
Anon

No. everyone knew who would be there. The Breakers and LK coaches with their group of kids since they will be coaches. The current Banduts are always told to come. I would think most expected some disgruntled Hurricanes. Those were all expected. So, with the exception of those kids everyone knew would be there, doesn't seem like there was an significant addition from elsewhere. Hope it works for the Bandits but don't make it more that what it really was.

nothing to do with the point that the team is picked. everything else is just arguing whether rules were broken or whether there really was a crowd. and ultimately not important. probably a better 06 team than in 2015 and next season will tell how much better.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

nothing to do with the point that the team is picked. everything else is just arguing whether rules were broken or whether there really was a crowd. and ultimately not important. probably a better 06 team than in 2015 and next season will tell how much better.

Except the entire team isn't picked. They are still in need to fill a few spots and they will only be marginally better than the 2015 team

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Except the entire team isn't picked. They are still in need to fill a few spots and they will only be marginally better than the 2015 team
let's say a team does an eval skate at the let's say 05 team's regular schedule practice time. So they have an open invite to outside 05 players to skate with them in there time slot. How is that breaking the rules. I look at that as a good use of icetime

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

let's say a team does an eval skate at the let's say 05 team's regular schedule practice time. So they have an open invite to outside 05 players to skate with them in there time slot. How is that breaking the rules. I look at that as a good use of icetime

You can look at it how you want but the rules are clearly stated in the FED rules but nice job outing your coaches rule breaking. I'm sure he appreciates you bringing it to the dboard attention

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

You can look at it how you want but the rules are clearly stated in the FED rules but nice job outing your coaches rule breaking. I'm sure he appreciates you bringing it to the dboard attention
doesnt your kids team have players come and shadow.
What are you upset about your team can't get a good turn out

Hi WN, mister rule-breaker himself, who let's coaches send '07 players to a mite tourney in Montreal and gets s**t kicked in every game.

Anon
Hi WN, mister rule-breaker himself, who let's coaches send '07 players to a mite tourney in Montreal and gets s**t kicked in every game.

How about when he put his 06 elite team in the Terriers tier 1 Christmas tourney, won it (tied a tier 1 though and best up an 07 and squeaked by the other two tier 1 teams and could be heard all over bragging about winning the tourney they just played, neglecting, of course, to mention it was tier 1 and had 07s in it? Typical WN

Anon
Anon

How about when he put his 06 elite team in the Terriers tier 1 Christmas tourney, won it (tied a tier 1 though and best up an 07 and squeaked by the other two tier 1 teams and could be heard all over bragging about winning the tourney they just played, neglecting, of course, to mention it was tier 1 and had 07s in it? Typical WN

Welcome to the world of WN. When will Sherman find out?

That was actually the 06 breakers

Anon
That was actually the 06 breakers

Maybe they did too but hope you aren't trying to say WN didn't. Just one of the many stunts personally witnessed. It was cringeworthy to hear him in the lobby bragging to everyone about it knowing it was avtier 1 tourney and the team didn't win or blow out any team except the 07s that played

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

so you do know who is picked and who not and can make the evaluation...

And you know the team is picked because...........get a life. No one picks a team before actual tryouts in March unless you are WN or TP

Def WN replying....I can tell by the awful grammar!

Seems pretty clear and within the rules posted on the EHF website for tryouts.

(a) Tryouts for players not registered with any Club for the preceding year will
commence on February 1st of each year. For the period of December 15th thru
February 1st teams are allowed to invite non-EHF players to participate in
regularly scheduled team practices.

(b) Players that are registered with EHF Tier 1 level programs are free to tryout for
any EHF Elite Division program during the official tryout period beginning on
February 1st

Last I checked LK were not in the EHF. And any EHF kids were likely Tier 1 hoping to give the new Elite coaches a look. All within the clearly stated rules.

And my kid got cut.

I'm not associated w Bandits, but all of you worrying about the pre-look rules are being lame. If anything it would be better for all of us if the EHF didn't force that tryouts be boxed into one week where there are conflicting tryouts.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Buddy, they use the bandits kids to make it look like lots of new kids wanting to get a look at them. Sucker

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Buddy, they use the bandits kids to make it look like lots of new kids wanting to get a look at them. Sucker
Fine then subtract a handful of kids- there was still a big turnout either way

Anon
anon
Anon

Boy, might have the current bandits parents all nerved now. Those numbers shouldnt even include those 06 Breakers already slated to come over to the Bandits with the new coach. WW may be looking at the 06 Q team folks

Good try stirring the pot JL.

anon
Anon

Nice! They haven't had a win from their 05 and 06 Elite teams since 2015....Hopefully the Hurricanes kids can change that!

Anon
anon
Anon

Nice! They haven't had a win from their 05 and 06 Elite teams since 2015....Hopefully the Hurricanes kids can change that!

Between Canes, Knights and others combined with great coaching they will win plenty of games at both levels.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Between Canes, Knights and others combined with great coaching they will win plenty of games at both levels.

No, no they really won't.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

No, no they really won't.

What kind of person wants kids to fail so bad? It is pathetic