Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Open Tryout

Anon
anon
IHC to have 2 tier 1 teams skating out of Merrimack.
False. Check the website. IHC East out of Merrimack, Essex, Brooks School and *gasp* Hockeytown. IHC Tyngsboro out of, well, Tyngsboro. One Tier 1 team in each organization.

So when you get your contract, you'd better ask for some assurances about what rink your kid will be playing out of. Hockeytown is unsafe and should be shuttered.

Mostly true. There are 2 tier 1 teams playing out of IHC East at the 05, 06, 07 and 08 groups. Two separate tryouts for IHC East and IHC Tyngsboro.

Does anyone think that team will be any good?

Yes

-RG-

Anon
Does anyone think that team will be any good?
There's like, 40 teams? Which one?

Wait, I'll save you time. They'll all be too good for your duster to make. Try the Vipers instead.

Lots of teams

Try the 06 Warriors

Not everyone wants to play for the Islanders, I went to get the extra ice and benchmark how much better my E9 player is than some of those EHF players. Yep, i was right, staying where I am.

anon
Not everyone wants to play for the Islanders, I went to get the extra ice and benchmark how much better my E9 player is than some of those EHF players. Yep, i was right, staying where I am.
Ummm, EHF players weren't allowed to skate. Mostly townies that have a dream, but no shot. Some Tier 1 players. Good for the public image, very little actually happens out of the free skate.

But, glad you think your guy is that much better. Spells doom for him, though, if you're blowing that much smoke up his butt.

anon
anon
Ummm, EHF players weren't allowed to skate. Mostly townies that have a dream, but no shot. Some Tier 1 players. Good for the public image, very little actually happens out of the free skate.

But, glad you think your guy is that much better. Spells doom for him, though, if you're blowing that much smoke up his butt.

Sure they followed the rules about EHF not skating. Bandits had tons of EHF players skating. But that probably doesn't surprise anyone

anon
anon
anon

Sure they followed the rules about EHF not skating. Bandits had tons of EHF players skating. But that probably doesn't surprise anyone
Topic was the IHC free skate. Nobody cares what the Bandits do.

anon
anon
anon
anon

Topic said Open Tryouts. The fact that the IHC think it's all about them doesn't surprise me. Point is, there were EHF kids at both programs skates

At IHC there were no EHF kids from other teams. There were current IHC EHF players skating.

There were just too many kids out there for anything meaningful. The only help was the full ice skating, transitions and backwards skating. That exposed a lot of kids (maybe exposed is too harsh a word). When your junior can't pivot from forwards to backwards and back to forwards or can't skate backwards without leaning on his stick he shouldn't be trying out for "club" hockey at the PW level. Not trying to be harsh but it's true.

You were able to tell the kids that just didn't belong - but it was difficult to tell the marginal players due to the numbers.

anon
At IHC there were no EHF kids from other teams. There were current IHC EHF players skating.

There were just too many kids out there for anything meaningful. The only help was the full ice skating, transitions and backwards skating. That exposed a lot of kids (maybe exposed is too harsh a word). When your junior can't pivot from forwards to backwards and back to forwards or can't skate backwards without leaning on his stick he shouldn't be trying out for "club" hockey at the PW level. Not trying to be harsh but it's true.

You were able to tell the kids that just didn't belong - but it was difficult to tell the marginal players due to the numbers.

Right, the EHF players from IHC shouldn't be there either...but it certainly helps make it look like they had a great tryout doesn't it?

anon
anon

Right, the EHF players from IHC shouldn't be there either...but it certainly helps make it look like they had a great tryout doesn't it?

Yes, the 4 or 5 that were there really made a huge difference... That was the plan - bring 4 or 5 of the elite kids in to fool everybody that it's a good turnout, create an illusion; pure magic.

In order to fool everybody even more, they wore their practice jersey's and no pinny. It was brilliant. It created an optical illusion to make it seem like there were many, many more. Man, you got them! Anything is possible, in the world of magic...

anon

funny all those top gun, viper, & shamrocks helmets must have been an illusion.

Sorry, my bad I thought you were talking about EHF kids that had a chance of making the team.... not sure the league is concerned about the T1 kids looking for a free skate.. BTW, gotta love the guy that claims to go to a free skate with the islanders to prove e9 is better... either a great sense of humor or a loser of epic proportion.... trust me no parent on the planet wants to take their kid to the free skate for their own team on Super Bowl Sunday...coaches kids only as they have to be there.

ANON
Sorry, my bad I thought you were talking about EHF kids that had a chance of making the team.... not sure the league is concerned about the T1 kids looking for a free skate.. BTW, gotta love the guy that claims to go to a free skate with the islanders to prove e9 is better... either a great sense of humor or a loser of epic proportion.... trust me no parent on the planet wants to take their kid to the free skate for their own team on Super Bowl Sunday...coaches kids only as they have to be there.

You don't know what parents will do.....

anon
ANON

You don't know what parents will do.....

Nobody makes the elite team from the free skate. Those kids are already signed. Free skate is for the filler teams, Tier 2 and Tier 3.

This open skate was to help fill the roster for the Tier 1 Black slot that came with the purchase of the RiverHawks. If your little guy didnt receive a contract offer within a day of that skate then he probably didnt make the cut. There were plenty of quality skaters out there but the previous poster was correct; once they went to end-to-end transitions drills, the bottom fell out for 75% of the kids there.

Anon
This open skate was to help fill the roster for the Tier 1 Black slot that came with the purchase of the RiverHawks. If your little guy didnt receive a contract offer within a day of that skate then he probably didnt make the cut. There were plenty of quality skaters out there but the previous poster was correct; once they went to end-to-end transitions drills, the bottom fell out for 75% of the kids there.
Except, they do this every year on Super Bowl Sunday. It has nothing to do with the River Hawks/IHC Tyngsboro.

Anon

Way to put your org. Read the rules. No tryoyts before Fed dates. Contracts can only be offered to current team starting Feb 1. No contracts can be given prior to tryouts otherwise. Now, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen but you guys really need to get your act together. You have parents saying it was just a free, no EHF players there, no EHF players there except current team to tryout WITH contracts offered (which is a no no). FYI. Hawks are not guaranteed BLack and arent performing will at many levels for those in the black so you would have been more accurate by just saying tier 1. I'm willing to go out on a long me and say that unless these tryouts, I mean free skates were productive, white is in their future

Anon
Anon

Way to put your org. Read the rules. No tryoyts before Fed dates. Contracts can only be offered to current team starting Feb 1. No contracts can be given prior to tryouts otherwise. Now, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen but you guys really need to get your act together. You have parents saying it was just a free, no EHF players there, no EHF players there except current team to tryout WITH contracts offered (which is a no no). FYI. Hawks are not guaranteed BLack and arent performing will at many levels for those in the black so you would have been more accurate by just saying tier 1. I'm willing to go out on a long me and say that unless these tryouts, I mean free skates were productive, white is in their future

Wrong, non-EHF players can sign with an EHF teams starting 2/1. It's in the EHF rules summary.

anon
Anon
Anon

Wrong, non-EHF players can sign with an EHF teams starting 2/1. It's in the EHF rules summary.

I believe you are correct. However, the poster who disagreed with this probably remembers previous years rules. There is "new verbage" for 2017-2018 and it appears to have changed

anon
anon
anon
anon
anon

Topic said Open Tryouts. The fact that the IHC think it's all about them doesn't surprise me. Point is, there were EHF kids at both programs skates
Look at the first post, moron, and every post after it, but yours. All about the Islanders.

Repeat after me. Nobody cares about the Bandits. Or the teams on the Cape. They are irrelevant youth hockey programs. Stop polluting every thread with your vendetta.

Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
anon

Look at the first post, moron, and every post after it, but yours. All about the Islanders.

Repeat after me. Nobody cares about the Bandits. Or the teams on the Cape. They are irrelevant youth hockey programs. Stop polluting every thread with your vendetta.

Sorry your kids got cut! Lots of people care...you my friend don't have a clue.

Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
anon

Repeat after me Moron. It's not all about IHC. Just because you are all obsessed about s mediocre organization that will now be on the MDPHL, the topic of the thread was NOT IHC and multiple orgs had these fake early tryouts, just like the Hawks, I mean IHC

anon
anon
anon

Trust me - NO ONE is following that rule PERIOD.