email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Parents need to wake up

Dicky Dunn
If your little duster can not score and out skate other kids at the tier 1 level why do you moronic parents think your kids could play at the elite level hockey? Please coaches chime in and tell us some things parents say when they call begging.

In my experience, the best players have the most humble Parents about their own kids sills and don't find it necessary to come on the dboard to bash other kids

Anon
Dicky Dunn
If your little duster can not score and out skate other kids at the tier 1 level why do you moronic parents think your kids could play at the elite level hockey? Please coaches chime in and tell us some things parents say when they call begging.

In my experience, the best players have the most humble Parents about their own kids sills and don't find it necessary to come on the dboard to bash other kids

OP here. I am a parent of a tier 1 player and every year we have to listen and watch all these parents screw their kid by bringing them to skate with other teams that really have no interest in them except for a tease for tryout money

its the parents that want the elite status they think kids are elite but their not even close clueless parents

Dicky Dunn
Anon
Dicky Dunn

OP here. I am a parent of a tier 1 player and every year we have to listen and watch all these parents screw their kid by bringing them to skate with other teams that really have no interest in them except for a tease for tryout money

How is it screwing their kid? And why do you care? There will always be Parents on the Elite chase. There will always be kids better than yours or Parents that just think they are. You'll never change that but certainly not worth getting worked up about

Anon
Dicky Dunn
Anon
Dicky Dunn

How is it screwing their kid? And why do you care? There will always be Parents on the Elite chase. There will always be kids better than yours or Parents that just think they are. You'll never change that but certainly not worth getting worked up about
I don't know that I, as a parent, was ever on what you are calling an "elite chase," and I don't think that's what you would call a kid with a dream, but we did a lot of tryouts. It helped him to learn to try to play his best under the pressure of scrutiny, to face up to his weaknesses and work hard to improve, and helped to teach him to deal with disappointment. Now 16, did it "screw" him up? Hardly. I think it contributed a lot to the player he's become.

anon
Anon
Dicky Dunn
Anon
Dicky Dunn

I don't know that I, as a parent, was ever on what you are calling an "elite chase," and I don't think that's what you would call a kid with a dream, but we did a lot of tryouts. It helped him to learn to try to play his best under the pressure of scrutiny, to face up to his weaknesses and work hard to improve, and helped to teach him to deal with disappointment. Now 16, did it "screw" him up? Hardly. I think it contributed a lot to the player he's become.

My kid is 14 and I have him trying out for every team on the East Coast that dosent have a daddy coach. Someone who will see his true talent.

The parents that need to wake up are the ones that think where a kid plays his squirt and peewee hockey defines a player's potential. Yes, some elite players continue to be elite. Many don't.

It all shakes out at 14-17 years old. So many kids hit a ceiling and have a real hard time improving then.

Anon
It all shakes out at 14-17 years old. So many kids hit a ceiling and have a real hard time improving then.
Actually, those are the years when most kids develop the most. And zoom right past those 70 goal scoring "elite" Squirt players.

Dicky Dunn

You'll have to include in that "little duster" category a large portion of "coaches" kids who wouldn't even be playing tier 1 - or starting - on any other team other that than fact that daddy is their coach.