email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E9 Invitational

anon
The full ice mites are not USA Hockey sanctioned, so they need to be more under the radar with the tournament. Not supposed to be affiliated with the rest of the minor hockey teams from those organizations.
Very true; the tournament teams used different names and uniforms but the EHF team (Capitals) and one of the E9 teams (Patriots) didn't. I have no idea what goes into any of those decisions.

Anon
Anon
Were there more divisions than just 06 and 07? It looks like on their website that was the only two divisions, but I saw on twitter there may have been an 09 division? Any insight?
There was an 09 tournament in Hingham with five teams: tournament teams from the LI Gulls, Mid Fairfield Rangers and Boston Advantage, and the 09 Elite teams from the Patriots and Providence Capitals. Mid Fairfield beat LI in the finals; best games were probably Patriots over Providence 4-2 or Providence over LI 5-4. Entertaining watching the little kids play; a lot of skill.

Championship game was probably the most exciting mite game I've watched all season. Hard to believe how kids so young can play so well.

anon
Anon
Anon
Were there more divisions than just 06 and 07? It looks like on their website that was the only two divisions, but I saw on twitter there may have been an 09 division? Any insight?
There was an 09 tournament in Hingham with five teams: tournament teams from the LI Gulls, Mid Fairfield Rangers and Boston Advantage, and the 09 Elite teams from the Patriots and Providence Capitals. Mid Fairfield beat LI in the finals; best games were probably Patriots over Providence 4-2 or Providence over LI 5-4. Entertaining watching the little kids play; a lot of skill.

Championship game was probably the most exciting mite game I've watched all season. Hard to believe how kids so young can play so well.
You must have missed those teams play to a 5-5 tie the day before, MFR scored two goals in the last two minutes with their net empty. The LI goalie must have made 50 saves I felt bad for the poor kid nothing else he could do.

anon
Anon
Anon

Try and catch a young kid's game like this once in a while. It's refreshing to watch the sheer joy that they play with. And, on teams like these at least, the level of play is amazing. Just ignore the parents in the stands, and you'll have an enjoyable experience!

Anon
MFR just won the "Q" and from the looks of the 09 team, the pipeline is full!

This has been the most factual post in DBoard history. Thanks for the info!