The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pro Ambitions Spring SEAL Teams

Anyone have any experience or feedback? Tryout or invite only?

Re: Pro Ambitions Spring SEAL Teams

Way too expensive. $250 per tourney. They fill rosters with any players they can get. Similar to OneHockey, just take all sign ups. Beware.

JUNK ..........

Anon
JUNK ..........
VERY insightful.

Have done the SEAL teams for a couple years. They are run by a nice group of young coaches and provide a good option for spring hockey if you don't have an "in" with the other elite tournament teams around at most NE tournaments. The level is usually EHF Tier 1 but they do occasionally get some EHF Elite and E9 players. If you are looking Spring hockey you are obviously willing to pay more than the average dad so $250 isn't great but isn't terrible. I think you get a few practices too.

Almost all spring and summer teams struggle to fill the end of their roster, lots going on with baseball, LAX, and vacations.

ANON

Those teams are a joke. Check out the Tropics bro!

Anon
ANON

We've done them in the past. Like the camps, mostly mid-range players in mid-range tournaments with a few elites, and your kid will get out of them what he puts in. They do have a practice before every tournament, and you get actual skills coaches or current D1 or pro players.

I'd expect that the teams they are putting together for Prague, in particular the one that Billy Jaffe is coaching, will be assembled a *bit* differently. Wish my kid was the right age!

Seals get clubbed!!

Anon
ANON

Those teams are a joke. Check out the Tropics bro!