email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The State of Hockey

What ever happened to the days of...

It's a great question and fun to romanticize about it, but I'm sure we all know the answer. Most of us don't want to admit it. Some just lack the intelligence to understand it. Others are incapable of clearing a path to see the truth.

We all grew up and failed. Maybe not in our careers as professionals, but our dreams. Our 10 y/o self didn't want to be a stock broker or a manager at Pet Smart, we wanted to play a sport. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. I'm not talking about a cup of coffee in a minor affiliate, I mean the show. Pretty sure that Mr. Neely isn't coming on the dboard. Even if it is hysterical.

Now with all of our experience, all of our knowledge, we know how to create a success story. We can build a winner. We can learn from our failures and pass it on to our kids. Surely, they won't make the same mistakes we did. They'll work harder, get more instruction and training,the list goes on, right?

What happened to the days of...well, we did.

Re: The State of Hockey

Great post from OP and all the other positive replies.

It has to be about fun and friendship. Parents treat their kids like free agents jumping to the next green pasture. If the skills and coaching is good just let them play.