email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my kid....is.prx.webanonymizer.org.prx.webanonymizer.org the coach's kid

Anon
There is a lot of posts about coaches kids on this board. Double shifting, playing position of choice, always on ice last 5 minutes of game, and so on.

So I'm curious, what makes for a coach's kid to be a bender, and is mine one of them? Is he the kid the parents seem to be talking about? I'll turn to the dboard to answer it for me.

I roll 3 lines. He plays power play if his line is due up, if not, the other 2 lines go. Same for penalty kill. He gets the nod if it's his turn, otherwise, he sits with the rest of the kids. He's the first one to get yanked if he makes a stupid play or makes the same mistake over and over. I've been told I sometimes ride him too hard. (Mom hates that and let's just say the coach doesn't get any nookie on those nights)

He averages a point a game, sometimes multiple points in a game. Usually puts the puck in the net every other, or every third games, but usually always picks up at least a first assist in each game played. Have a few that only have 3 or 4 goals and same for assists on the whole year.

He's not the fastest on the team, not the slowest, roughly in the middle, or if he's loafing it, he's slightly less than dead smack in the middle. Has better than average hands and shot where others can't even make a saucer pass.

Has a good +/-, usually on the positive side of that stat every game, definitely for the year. Same as I would say half our team.

He's been asked to play for other teams from other coaches I don't know all that well.

So, please chime in dboarders. Based on the information provided, is my kid the denley duster most refer to? He is definitely not our best player so I want to know if this kid is in the pool of "coach's kids".

To be honest, this sounds good....but.....a coach coming on here saying how fair he or she is is one thing. A few parents coming on here and promoting teams and coaches that do this would be far more believable.

There are a few out there, and in all reality, the ones that are happy with the team dynamics as a whole are usually quiet about it, because they don't want the undesirables coming in.

Open House 2/26/17 TACC

MS seemed very sincere!
Would have like to hear from DH and TP, or some coaches but the master of ceremonies would not give up the microphone.
How many times did WN say me? I? or my ice? I am the biggest leaser of ice!
All about him.
It went from the only multiple sports complex in New England to Massachusetts then to the area. Well what is it?
WN then introduced the name and colors of the team. WN proceeded to put on the new uniform. The kids at our table said he(WN) looks like a dork!
MS said a few more words until WN interrupted him. Because evidently what he has to say is more important.

Re: Open House 2/26/17 TACC

aNOn.
MS seemed very sincere!
Would have like to hear from DH and TP, or some coaches but the master of ceremonies would not give up the microphone.
All about him.
It went from the only multiple sports complex in New England to Massachusetts then to the area. Well what is it?
WN then introduced the name and colors of the team. WN proceeded to put on the new uniform. The kids at our table said he(WN) looks like a dork!
MS said a few more words until WN interrupted him. Because evidently what he has to say is more important.

Not exactly sure how this open house thread fits in here..but we thought he looked like Elmer Fudd

Re: Open House 2/26/17 TACC

anon
aNOn.
MS seemed very sincere!
All about him.

Not exactly sure how this open house thread fits in here..but we thought he looked like Elmer Fudd
See post #2 in this thread about 62 IQ. That will explain the "logic" of posting the open house thought here.