Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best Development Team for 5 year olds

Anon
Wizards in Bedford, unless you can make it down to Advantage in Hingham
Yeah, nice drive Lexington to Hingham at 5PM.

Boston Stars. Learn to skate program and private lessons. Skills are great. Skating club of Boston too.

If he is not in the EHF by know hang up the skates.

Really, no program is going to do a greta job of developing players. Too many kids, not enough qualified coaches focusing on it. A number of better players I know from that area went through the Sharper Edge programs out of Concord when they were that age.

Anon
If he is not in the EHF by know hang up the skates.

Careful, this is the intelligence level of most EHF Parents.

Get him doing some off ice this spring and summer along with a tournament team that you hopefully will be "invited" to pay I mean play on. They only take $ from the best kids for these tournament teams!

Focus on skating lessons. Often the figure skating coaches are the best for early edge work and often they work with smaller groups of 2-3 kids max. No need for the kid to even have a stick in his hands until he is a few years older.

Figure skating coach is the best answer. Google figure skating coaches in ice hockey, you'll be amazed. Most, if not all NHL teams have figure skating coaches.
Start him with figure skating coach now, and continue to supplement with figure skating coach throughout his career, and you will be helping him be the best hockey player he can be.

Not sure what level youre looking for but PP at Hockeytown is great...does a great job teaching the young kids proper skating form, small groups too ...does both LTS and LTP ...only drawback for some is its mid day on week days

Anon
Figure skating coach is the best answer. Google figure skating coaches in ice hockey, you'll be amazed. Most, if not all NHL teams have figure skating coaches.
Start him with figure skating coach now, and continue to supplement with figure skating coach throughout his career, and you will be helping him be the best hockey player he can be.

I second this. Worked for my son. It's all about skating.

Anon
Lexington

From Lexington, I don't know why you wouldn't go to the Wizards or Assabet. Narrow it down to those two, and go talk to someone at each. Don't listen to the clowns on this board.

Anon
Lexington
Sharper Edge in Concord does a great job with the younger kids.

Anon
Anon
Lexington
Sharper Edge in Concord does a great job with the younger kids.
Correct ^^ this is a figure skating program that evolves into hockey skating as a kid ages/shows interest and ability.

Sharper edge is the best pure skating program which is what kids need most. Kids have done learn to skake all the way up to HS hockey edge with them and learned a ton.

Patriots in Concord do a nice job in the skills area, kids improve greatly year to year.

Kindercare (Elite), full day. Includes music program and nap time.

Sorry your kid is going to get cut.