Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 05 06 wizards

anon
you sure?

Yep. One almost made TG but they ended up taking a kid from Rangers. Your not considering alternate a full position are you? Lol

sounds like you are on top of it

anon
sounds like you are on top of it

You sure?

Wizards kids are soft. Watch a game on live barn for petes sake!

Anon
anon
you sure?

Yep. One almost made TG but they ended up taking a kid from Rangers. Your not considering alternate a full position are you? Lol

Wrong. 2 made top gun Elite, 1 made Islanders T1. Facts.

Anon
Anon
06s that left went to:
2 EHF Elite
1 EHF T1
1 other E9
1 Town PeeWeeA

06 Wiz still have 3 solid players remaining (2F and 1D). And if the Rangers goalie shows up that makes 4 solid players. The other high level contributors have to be found through tryouts, so hearing that there were only 35 total kids at tryout is not a good omen.

Comical, they are all going to town, 1 E9.

What's comical is that you have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about. All going to town.... psssh. OR.....You must be the "new coach" or an ECW administrator trying to fool new incoming families into thinking the players that left weren't any good. Bush league, pal.

Good to see the 05 wiz win a championship yesterday 🏆

Anon
Good to see the 05 wiz win a championship yesterday 🏆

Said the Rangers dads

Anon
Anon
With all of this said (And I agree with a lot of the points on this thread). ECW should not be playing in E9. If their mission is skills and more skills (which is not even truly the case when you run 1 skills a week that's sparsely attended) then they should drop to BHL and allow clubs (who are truly trying to compete with the best skaters possible at a respective birth year) to play vs other 'top' competition. As for the coaching changes they'll only lose ahandful of kids. It's too late in the game to find landing spots at other clubs which for the most part are 90% set by now. The question therefore becomes: Do they lose their top kids? Or Role players?

This is why E9 is a joke. Auto bid E9 placements are a joke.
I agree some teams (especially the auto-bids) are a joke. But the top teams are no joke. But the other model (EHF) having no bids...the bottom teams also seem to suck (and usually from the same programs over the different birth years). So, how would you fix this?

So you base the quality of a team on wins and you believe that the quality of an entire organization rests on the win /loss record of two teams. Please find another organization E9 or EHF where all their teams are top 3 in league. Sorry you have an axe to grind with the wiz.

Anon
With all of this said (And I agree with a lot of the points on this thread). ECW should not be playing in E9. If their mission is skills and more skills (which is not even truly the case when you run 1 skills a week that's sparsely attended) then they should drop to BHL and allow clubs (who are truly trying to compete with the best skaters possible at a respective birth year) to play vs other 'top' competition. As for the coaching changes they'll only lose ahandful of kids. It's too late in the game to find landing spots at other clubs which for the most part are 90% set by now. The question therefore becomes: Do they lose their top kids? Or Role players?

If a hockey program is not focused on developing skills, then what should it be focused on? Winning? Is that what you look for in a program for your son? Seems to me that we should be looking for teams that are committed to making our sons into better hockey players, not compiling or recruiting the best skaters around to win that coveted E9 championship trophy.

Anon
When will you understand that the Wizards could care about boys hockey! It's all about the girls program.
Go to the Patriots down the street. Worse rink, better program.

Anon
Heard today they are firing all 05 and 06 coaches Elite and Select.
My kid plays against their 06 elite team. I have no idea if it is the same group of kids or if they cut and replace kids but that team has actually gotten a lot better over the last couple of years. I know their record doesn't really make a great case but they used to be a guaranteed blowout and now they play every game relatively tight. If they did that with the same group of kids then it seems like the 06 coaches have actually done a pretty good job - if it's a whole new batch of kids then maybe not so much...

06 turnes over about 3 or 4 kids - which is typical- the 05 team was a little different as the coach left and took a bunch of players with him- so their turnover was higher last year.

anon
Anon
My kid plays against their 06 elite team. I have no idea if it is the same group of kids or if they cut and replace kids but that team has actually gotten a lot better over the last couple of years. I know their record doesn't really make a great case but they used to be a guaranteed blowout and now they play every game relatively tight. If they did that with the same group of kids then it seems like the 06 coaches have actually done a pretty good job - if it's a whole new batch of kids then maybe not so much...

From what I can gather (my kid having played them 2 straight years now) 06 team elite turned over half the roster. They were an easy W last season but this year's version is a competitive group. They'll give you a good game but they lack depth. They're about 8 kids deep, after that its a big drop off.

Anon
buddy u are clueless