Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sneaky Snakes Playoffs Q&A

This is a great life lesson for your spoiled little kid. Chances are your little fruitcake will be smarter than some of the people he works with however the brother-in-law of the CEO will always rise above him in the work world. It's how it goes. Life ain't fair. Move on. Get over it. Get a hobby. Loser.

PS - what a ringer really even matter at this level of hockey?

Hey man, saves​ you another trip to the rink. You should be thankful for that this time of year.

So clearly your son was one of the cheaters! Nice life lesson you are teaching him! You are a loser!!!! Teams that cheat are losers in life!!

Anon
This is a great life lesson for your spoiled little kid. Chances are your little fruitcake will be smarter than some of the people he works with however the brother-in-law of the CEO will always rise above him in the work world. It's how it goes. Life ain't fair. Move on. Get over it. Get a hobby. Loser.

PS - what a ringer really even matter at this level of hockey?

And what a great life lession you aren't teaching your kid

ana
It's my kids team that loss to Vipers Red this weekend so I care. Vipers brought in ringers. These kids worked so hard all season and had a good chance but lost it due to cheating. Vipers red have not beat MM Flames all season but they crushed them this weekend.

What did your team do about it? If you know they cheated did you or the Flames call them out to the league? Did they overturn your game?

I am with a different program and my son is an '05....

Heard about this Sunday afternoon.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Your kid is 13 and you are still that wrapped up in AA hockey that you care on a Sunday morning who cheats in a playoff game?

If this is the first time you've experienced this, consider yourself lucky.

Not my kids team but I can't stand cheaters either. And what is that coach teaching his players?
Haha, yeah, not your kid's team and somehow you are aware Sunday morning of details of a random game in a low level kids' league played Saturday night that isn't even posted on the league website yet.

if it isn't your kid's team, and you are following things that closely, you need a hobby.

No. it wasn't me kids team but it was my post you responded to. So so guess you only read posts titled Vipers? Didn't realize the dboard police only allowed reading and commenting on your own kids team only. CHEATER

All the kids should have ID cards and the ref checks them in against a league issued roster that is given to the coach at the beginning of the season. It's done in soccer and prevents any kids being on the fields that do not have this ID card. It literally takes the ref 1 minute to check the teams in. Each card has a photo of the player and his date of birth on the back. The card is laminated and has the league seal on it. Why this is not done in hockey is very confusing to me. If you are not on the roster, you can not play, if you do not have a player card, you can not play. Pretty simple solution to the problem.

Sounds like to me that someone is sad because the Vipers got better and your kids team didn't. Break out the gloves it's baseball season for the Flames!!!

Is anyone really surprised?
Typical, Grown ups ruining it for kids.
No ethics taught today

Wait til you get to u14 full, every team cheated the this level, all the high-school kids playing when they haven't been around since thanksgiving

Wow. We are talking 13 year old low level recreational hockey here. Kids won't be able to make JV. Laminated cards with league seal? Please.

Anon
Wow. We are talking 13 year old low level recreational hockey here. Kids won't be able to make JV. Laminated cards with league seal? Please.

They are used for kids as young as grade 3/4...its a flawless system that keeps cheating out of the game.

It's not as low level as you think. 80% of these kids will make their HS varsity team

Anon

Why does that seem so hard? If your kid ever played summer Baseball the league has something similar made up

I love the reasoning on these boards sometimes..what the hell does an 08, 02, 04....grade anything have to do with JV, Varsity, HS sports? If you can have a solution at any age to keep cheating out, why wouldn't you want to use it?

Anon
How did MM Flames lose to #8 AA Vipers that they crushed all season? Ringer skaters, scorers and T1 goalie. That's how. Fact. Pull sheets.

And they bring out "rostered" kids and alternates who haven't played all season.

Bringing a goalie from s higher team is just bad.

New generation of everybody gets a trophy. Bad lesson for kids.

Flames must realize there's no way they would have lost to this team legit.

Anonn
Anon
How did MM Flames lose to #8 AA Vipers that they crushed all season? Ringer skaters, scorers and T1 goalie. That's how. Fact. Pull sheets.

And they bring out "rostered" kids and alternates who haven't played all season.
Exactly. ID cards would mean nothing.

The only way the system works is if the GM and parents of the offending team force the coach to have to forfeit out of the playoffs for A) poor sportsmanship and B) cheating the kids that played all season from their rightful ice time.

But, they are probably thrilled their team is moving on and have visions of EMHL Championships dancing in their heads.

Sportsmanship be ****ed.

Anon
Anonn
Anon

The only way the system works is if the GM and parents of the offending team force the coach to have to forfeit out of the playoffs for A) poor sportsmanship and B) cheating the kids that played all season from their rightful ice time.

But, they are probably thrilled their team is moving on and have visions of EMHL Championships dancing in their heads.

Sportsmanship be ****ed.

ID cards would still be good to catch kids playing down and kids playing under a true rostered player's name. You can catch kids without enough games in by looking at the sheets from the season. All the sheets should be posted on League websites. Don't the Flames own the EMHL? You would think they would be interested in booting that cheating team. And the Vipers should fire that coach. Sad.

Anon
Anonn
Anon

Sportsmanship be ****ed.

And people forget how small the hockey world is. The organization my Son used to skate for did this pretty routinely in regular season as well. Unfortunately for them, since it was like a revolving door there, lots of kids who left ended up at different organizations in the same league. I am aware of photos taken on cell phones or printing off of rosters to show the coach illegal players and have seen more than one games score overturned after org notifies league. On another note, the FEDs late deadline to submit rosters just contributes to this problem. Let's bring in strong players early before rosters submitted to get the wins.

So there is only one 08 Vipers team, can you clarify which one you are talking about? #8 really isn't a team so if you are going to post stuff about a team and an organization you should probably be more clear on your post.

And the fact is that the 08 vipers beat the flames all 3 times they played this year 4-2 4-2 and today 5-3. That is a fact.

I think they are talking about the 03 Vipers red team - 8th seed vs 1st seed Flames. Vipers Red LOST 4 times to the Flames this season. None were closer than 3 goal difference. 2 were huge blow outs. Go back to sleep.

Anon
I think they are talking about the 03 Vipers red team - 8th seed vs 1st seed Flames. Vipers Red LOST 4 times to the Flames this season. None were closer than 3 goal difference. 2 were huge blow outs. Go back to sleep.

Well, then there is the clarity we were all looking for. Thank you for that. The IQ levels on this board amazes me sometimes.

Anon
So there is only one 08 Vipers team, can you clarify which one you are talking about? #8 really isn't a team so if you are going to post stuff about a team and an organization you should probably be more clear on your post.

LOL. So reading comprehension skills at the Vipers are really high either I see. You should be worrying more about getting your kid to tie his skates and carry his bag.

Anon
Anon

LOL. So reading comprehension skills at the Vipers are really high either I see. You should be worrying more about getting your kid to tie his skates and carry his bag.

Don't have an 08 player so I really don't care. But if you refer to a team as #8 and they only have one team and they payed the MMF at 12:30 today and the post was made at 9:30 something this morning, it just doesn't add up. Just looking for clarity that's all.....

annnnonnnn
Anon
Anon

Don't have an 08 player so I really don't care. But if you refer to a team as #8 and they only have one team and they payed the MMF at 12:30 today and the post was made at 9:30 something this morning, it just doesn't add up. Just looking for clarity that's all.....

Who has 8 teams? You assumed that meant their 8th team?

Anon
Anon

No kidding #8 isn't really a team. Clarification: 8th seed 2003 Bantam Minor Vipers Red team in the Eastern Minor Hockey League vs 1st seed Minuteman Flames 2003 Bantam Minor team.

Red team lost big to Flames every time they played this year and had terrible record all around until they started bringing ringers in. Word is that #8 seed played a Tier 1 goalie vs EMHL #1 seed Flames this weekend and that not all of the #8 seed skaters played minimum games to be eligible for playoffs. Better??

ANONNNN
Anon
Anon

No kidding #8 isn't really a team. Clarification: 8th seed 2003 Bantam Minor Vipers Red team in the Eastern Minor Hockey League vs 1st seed Minuteman Flames 2003 Bantam Minor team.

Red team lost big to Flames every time they played this year and had terrible record all around until they started bringing ringers in. Word is that #8 seed played a Tier 1 goalie vs EMHL #1 seed Flames this weekend and that not all of the #8 seed skaters played minimum games to be eligible for playoffs. Better??

Better? Yes that's better. Better then the less then 1/2 ass post that started this whole thing. Why is it not OK for someone to question such an unclear post? Do you just assume everyone would understand that crap?

likesclearposts
ANONNNN
Anon
Anon

Better? Yes that's better. Better then the less then 1/2 ass post that started this whole thing. Why is it not OK for someone to question such an unclear post? Do you just assume everyone would understand that crap?

Because anyone that thought the Vipers had 8 teams at one level is an idiot. And for the record, I had no idea what age OP was referring to but everything else was pretty crystal clear just because you didn't get it doesn't mean it didn't make sense.

#8 refers to the Viper Red team's place in the standings at the end of the regular season.

anon
#8 refers to the Viper Red team's place in the standings at the end of the regular season.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

anon
anon

Are we really taking about an 8th placed bantam team in EMHL ?

How bad do you have to be to be an 8th place team in the EMHL at the Bantam level ? Why are these kids not just playing for their town B2 teams ?

Anon
anon
anon

How bad do you have to be to be an 8th place team in the EMHL at the Bantam level ? Why are these kids not just playing for their town B2 teams ?

First, why do you care where anyone else's kid plays
Second, the best kids on some of those teams could easily replace kids on higher teams
Which brings me to, sorry you think your kid's team record if reflective of your kids ability. Here's a hint, many kids on good teams are carried by other players.

anon
Anon
anon
anon

Second, the best kids on some of those teams could easily replace kids on higher teams
Which brings me to, sorry you think your kid's team record if reflective of your kids ability. Here's a hint, many kids on good teams are carried by other players.

So you are saying there are some kids on this team that could make Town B teams ? Awesome !!

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon

So you are saying there are some kids on this team that could make Town B teams ? Awesome !!

Only if your kid is on town B teams.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon

He is not. I am guessing your kids bag has wheels ?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon

He is not. I am guessing your kids bag has wheels ?

Nope, he carries his bag and ties his own skates and his contract has been signed and in the front office for weeks. I, however, do not judge other peoples choices of play or trivialize a kids ability in youth hockey if they play at a level below my kid. And, yes, I find it arrogant when people do. Because seeing the older kids play and knowing which ones were on elite in youth and the couple that played below Elite will be an eye opener for you if you think your kid might not get passed up one day by a kid who works hard.

anon
anon

While it might have been obvious to you, if you took the time to read through the posts, you would realize that it was not obvious to some which is why everyone else clarified. So your attempt at sarcasm really didn't work here

ANONNNN
Anon
Anon

Oh wait, you mean this wasn't about the 08 Vipers #8 team? Ohhhhh, (forehead slap). Now I get it. Silly Newbie

Anon

100% NOT Vipers Red goalie in net vs MMF. Vipers T1 back up goalie was in net. Red goalie playing in states. T1 rostered as regular Red goalie on sheet for Flames game.

Lol tier 1 BACK UP.. sounds like a real ringer. Not a starting elite player or anything.

I just checked out the emhl website, the scores are not posted but if what posters are saying about scores are true, the Vipers absolutely cheated and its awful. Especially at that level, The Emhl is a third level league where typically there is one line of good players and two lines where the kids get dominated, that is why there are so many blowout games. The focus should be about development. Why would parents from the Vipers allow this, they paid their tuition and now they allow their kids to miss shifts so somebody else can win them a 5 dollar trophy!

Anon
I just checked out the emhl website, the scores are not posted but if what posters are saying about scores are true, the Vipers absolutely cheated and its awful. Especially at that level, The Emhl is a third level league where typically there is one line of good players and two lines where the kids get dominated, that is why there are so many blowout games. The focus should be about development. Why would parents from the Vipers allow this, they paid their tuition and now they allow their kids to miss shifts so somebody else can win them a 5 dollar trophy!

The scores are posted. Bantam Minors. The cheating is real. They are probably tired of being bottom feeders so the parents don't care. They want to be a "good" team. So instead of developing their team and earning it - they stole a spot in the semi's from another team. EMHL site lists them as top seed for semi's. What a joke. They will again play kids who did not have minimum number of games during season.

Hey rumors how many Viper threads do you intend to start this week you might want to change your handle before starting another one pretending you are worried about tryouts. You along with the red team are in the lowest division so basically you can write the check and your kid made the flames lowest team. FYI Mr Outraged your MMF 02 Tier 1 team cheated as well bringing kids who have not played all season Flames are well known for that after talking to a few coaches everyone knows it and does it stop being so self righteous!!!

Rumors
Hey rumors how many Viper threads do you intend to start this week you might want to change your handle before starting another one pretending you are worried about tryouts. You along with the red team are in the lowest division so basically you can write the check and your kid made the flames lowest team. FYI Mr Outraged your MMF 02 Tier 1 team cheated as well bringing kids who have not played all season Flames are well known for that after talking to a few coaches everyone knows it and does it stop being so self righteous!!!

MMF cheats too?. Well that explains why the only thing MMF did about the 03 Vipers Reds cheating was to make sure the teams will meet up in the semifinals.

PS Flames. Reds may have regular goalie in net this time but still bringing ringers who played in another program this season while "rostered" as ghost alternates. So fair that the alts are now taking ice time from kids who played all season, right?

PS 495 Red, BSB and Shamrocks - one of you got scrod out of a playoff spot. Why the quiet? Unless you teams were bringing players too.

New thread should be called: Who are the honest teams.

Rumors

I love it. Team like the Vipers insulting other teams in the tier 1. So here is s question for you. The majority of organizations put two teams in. One in Elite. One in tier 1. EMHL of they have a 3rd. Vipers have their "Elite team" (and even they calll themselves elite) in tier 1 and their 2nd team in EMHL. So, here's a news flash for ya. Your best teams are playing most orgs 2nd best teams. Wonder how you would fair in the Elite division? Now that's reality. So while you are trashing the Flames for being in the lower division and only having to write a check to make the team, remember, your elite team isn't even in the elite division

Anon
Rumors

I love it. Team like the Vipers insulting other teams in the tier 1. So here is s question for you. The majority of organizations put two teams in. One in Elite. One in tier 1. EMHL of they have a 3rd. Vipers have their "Elite team" (and even they calll themselves elite) in tier 1 and their 2nd team in EMHL. So, here's a news flash for ya. Your best teams are playing most orgs 2nd best teams. Wonder how you would fair in the Elite division? Now that's reality. So while you are trashing the Flames for being in the lower division and only having to write a check to make the team, remember, your elite team isn't even in the elite division

You do understand how it works, right? The league founders have blocked the Vipers from the Elite division every year since they joined the Fed 4 years ago. That's even though one of the Vipers top teams was #2 in the country a couple of years ago. In the country. The Fed doesn't allow a program to have 2 teams in Tier 1 either. Keeping the circle small. People are making a lot of $$$$ off of kids, whose development is afterthought it seems. Doesn't excuse the cheaters on any team. But let's hold off on the halo for the Flames.

Anon
Anon
Rumors

You do understand how it works, right? The league founders have blocked the Vipers from the Elite division every year since they joined the Fed 4 years ago. That's even though one of the Vipers top teams was #2 in the country a couple of years ago. In the country. The Fed doesn't allow a program to have 2 teams in Tier 1 either. Keeping the circle small. People are making a lot of $$$$ off of kids, whose development is afterthought it seems. Doesn't excuse the cheaters on any team. But let's hold off on the halo for the Flames.

The fed changes their rules every year. Several teams have multiple teams at the tier 1 level this year. That rule was just the last couple of years but prior to that teams did have multiple teams at tier 1 as well. And yes, I'm aware they have not been allowed to put a team in Elite. So I am aware how this works. I just find it hysterical that their "elite team" likes to pound on their chests about how good they are yet their best team isn't playing in the best division. I suspect they would be much more humble if they played in Elite where they would not be at the top I n the winners bracket .... unless of course they bring in even better ringers

Anon
Anon
Anon
Rumors

The fed changes their rules every year. Several teams have multiple teams at the tier 1 level this year. That rule was just the last couple of years but prior to that teams did have multiple teams at tier 1 as well. And yes, I'm aware they have not been allowed to put a team in Elite. So I am aware how this works. I just find it hysterical that their "elite team" likes to pound on their chests about how good they are yet their best team isn't playing in the best division. I suspect they would be much more humble if they played in Elite where they would not be at the top I n the winners bracket .... unless of course they bring in even better ringers

Top team isn't the one bringing ringers to playoffs. (Are they even in playoffs this year??) It's the 3rd (bottom) team per posts above. Including goalie from top team and "alternates" from other programs. Agreed that the "elite" team isn't "elite" any more. They probably were 2-3 years ago before kids left when they were not allowed in elite division. Point was that Flames are no saints and kids development is not always the priority it should be.

Anon
Anon
Rumors

Vipers didn't have a team #2 in the country. Maybe in Tier 2, but you realize that's #2 in the minor leagues right? Nothing else you say has any credibility when you roll out that little piece of misinformation.