Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF Next Year

That's only for Pee Wee and above where Tier 1 is only Elite. For Mites and Squirts AAA is classified as Tier 1 as well.

Anon
None of the black, white or silver are real AAA , tier 1 or elite as classified by USA. They are tier 2 same as town and the sooner you fave that the better. If parents are really looking for parity they should go back to valley.

Why, oh why do you constantly get so hung up on nomenclature? Who cares what USA hockey calls it and what E9 and FED do. Everyone know which team is the highest and which team is the lowest in the league they play in. The only ones that worry about it are the Parents who's kids aren't in that league. Get over it. Move on. And worry about your own kids development

Anon
None of the black, white or silver are real AAA , tier 1 or elite as classified by USA. They are tier 2 same as town and the sooner you fave that the better. If parents are really looking for parity they should go back to valley.

Neither are most of the elite teams in this area...

True, but on a whole they can compete against good national and international competition. Not they case with the tier 1, black, silver, orange teams.

Anon
True, but on a whole they can compete against good national and international competition. Not they case with the tier 1, black, silver, orange teams.

Keep telling yourself that to feel good about playing in the nationals

A Non

EHF Black is basically going to be teams with 4-5 Elite kids and the rest are AAA but would get smoked at the Elite level(hello CT Rangers)

EHF White is now going to be for complete AAA teams with no real flaws or for orgs with Elite AND multiple Tier 1 teams per org like Caps/Woonsocket and Jr Terriers)

EHF Silver will be for incomplete AAA teams that have some kind of hole- they don't have the goalie or they don't have enough kids to really make a team( teams like the Bandits because their kids are in juvenile detention facilities temporarily or otherwise suspended) or EMHL teams who have been sandbagging(EMHL MMFlames because of org politics).

They say there's no impact for Elite but it won't be long before Elite does this as well like E9. EHF Elite should have a play in process too.

Call it whatever you like, but EHF White is already Single A hockey, and not even close to AAA team with no flaws, surely you don't consider having town B players on your team a "flaw"

Anon
A Non

EHF Black is basically going to be teams with 4-5 Elite kids and the rest are AAA but would get smoked at the Elite level(hello CT Rangers)

EHF White is now going to be for complete AAA teams with no real flaws or for orgs with Elite AND multiple Tier 1 teams per org like Caps/Woonsocket and Jr Terriers)

EHF Silver will be for incomplete AAA teams that have some kind of hole- they don't have the goalie or they don't have enough kids to really make a team( teams like the Bandits because their kids are in juvenile detention facilities temporarily or otherwise suspended) or EMHL teams who have been sandbagging(EMHL MMFlames because of org politics).

They say there's no impact for Elite but it won't be long before Elite does this as well like E9. EHF Elite should have a play in process too.

Call it whatever you like, but EHF White is already Single A hockey, and not even close to AAA team with no flaws, surely you don't consider having town B players on your team a "flaw"

EHF White WAS AAA for a couple teams who could potentially move up next year to black and then mostly AA the rest of the way down the board.

EHF White WILL be solid AAA next year because of the parity. Couple of teams could find themselves going from Black to Silver.

Parity in April is terrible. Just do it in September. Time for kids to move on to spring sports.

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself buddy.

A Non
Anon
A Non

EHF White WAS AAA for a couple teams who could potentially move up next year to black and then mostly AA the rest of the way down the board.

EHF White WILL be solid AAA next year because of the parity. Couple of teams could find themselves going from Black to Silver.

Thanks Top Gun or Eagles Parent
If I had to guess though, I would say Top Gun because they all started whining when they realized they were one of the top white team about how unfair it was not being able to play black teams. Meanwhile the year before how teams traveled all the way to the i center to play a team at the bottom of the white

A Non
Anon
A Non

Not sure you know what AAA means, and I will give you some leeway due to the nomenclature used in this area that has all the parents either fooled or totally confused !

EHF Black was not even AAA and some of the elite teams were not even AAA, so lets base the teams on thier talent level and not the name or color of the division they play in !!

Parity does not change the amount of talented players you have, when some white teams are already scrambling for players.

Heck, part of the bandits rebuild at 05 was to bring in the Crimson coach, his kid and buddies !!! oh yea that white division is going to be tough mext year !!

Anon
A Non
Anon
A Non

Not sure you know what AAA means, and I will give you some leeway due to the nomenclature used in this area that has all the parents either fooled or totally confused !

EHF Black was not even AAA and some of the elite teams were not even AAA, so lets base the teams on thier talent level and not the name or color of the division they play in !!

Parity does not change the amount of talented players you have, when some white teams are already scrambling for players.

Heck, part of the bandits rebuild at 05 was to bring in the Crimson coach, his kid and buddies !!! oh yea that white division is going to be tough mext year !!

Again, why are you so concerned with what a league calls their teams? If one wants to call theirs elite and one wants to call them AAA, who the heck cares. Everyone in their own league knows which one is the "best" and where teams fall below and since you play teams in your league in your own division no one should care what another league calls theirs. Now stop whining about what other leagues call their team, I guess pick the organization you feel is calling their teams the way you think they should be called and drop it and move on. This correction of terminology is annoying and I don't care how you think my kids team should be clsssified. it's youth hockey and when they get into high school their high school coaches aren't going to care either. They are going to care about HOW they play hockey

You clearly don't get it, so the Teir 1 with the colored designations is perfect for someone like yourself.

It doesn't matter what its called, all you know is that your kid plays in the EHF Tier 1 which is almost EHF elite right ?

And you will care once they reach high school when you are asking why is that kid who played Town is whole life better than my kid who played Tier 1 EHF is youth career.

It is a false title, that is made up for the parents. I personally donat care what they call anything below elite, or the top team, but this will get very embarrassing for you once you step outside that little bubble you live in.

And why do people keep posting on here that high school coaches do not care were your kid played his youth hockey, as they will have junior fill out a questionnaire at the start of tryouts and season and they will ask where they played.

That will be the first thing they take into consideration as how that year will go and who has potential and who will play on what lines, trust me.

Anon
You clearly don't get it, so the Teir 1 with the colored designations is perfect for someone like yourself.

It doesn't matter what its called, all you know is that your kid plays in the EHF Tier 1 which is almost EHF elite right ?

And you will care once they reach high school when you are asking why is that kid who played Town is whole life better than my kid who played Tier 1 EHF is youth career.

It is a false title, that is made up for the parents. I personally donat care what they call anything below elite, or the top team, but this will get very embarrassing for you once you step outside that little bubble you live in.

And why do people keep posting on here that high school coaches do not care were your kid played his youth hockey, as they will have junior fill out a questionnaire at the start of tryouts and season and they will ask where they played.

That will be the first thing they take into consideration as how that year will go and who has potential and who will play on what lines, trust me.

Dude, let it go. You are the only one who seems to obsessed. Here's the thing. My kid plays tier 1 black. He played Elite (yes,yes, I know I know not Elite). He was a middle player on elite. He is a higher player in black. What I am very aware of having a couple of older kids is this: they were significantly better than their town piers (for the most part, there are always exceptions). The bottom half of Elite can (for the most part) be replaced by the top half of tier 1 (I know, I know ... I'm my little EHF world). However, (and Again, I say this from personal experience), your kids HS coach will not be caught up in this BS either. It's what they do on the ice. If you are so caught up in this you should really be a part of your towns Mom's club because your really starting to sound like a hockey nag. I bet your're a real treat to stand next to during games. Have you realized yet that they don't blow the whistle until the other team touches the puck yet or are the the Dad ref too, banging on the ice yelling offsides or trip to help the ref out because you think he missed it. MOVE ON.

Anon
Anon

Dude, let it go. You are the only one who seems to obsessed. Here's the thing. My kid plays tier 1 black. He played Elite (yes,yes, I know I know not Elite). He was a middle player on elite. He is a higher player in black. What I am very aware of having a couple of older kids is this: they were significantly better than their town piers (for the most part, there are always exceptions). The bottom half of Elite can (for the most part) be replaced by the top half of tier 1 (I know, I know ... I'm my little EHF world). However, (and Again, I say this from personal experience), your kids HS coach will not be caught up in this BS either. It's what they do on the ice. If you are so caught up in this you should really be a part of your towns Mom's club because your really starting to sound like a hockey nag. I bet your're a real treat to stand next to during games. Have you realized yet that they don't blow the whistle until the other team touches the puck yet or are the the Dad ref too, banging on the ice yelling offsides or trip to help the ref out because you think he missed it. MOVE ON.

"peers"

I will let it go...because we are not getting anywhere. And, how did I know your kid was a "higher level black" and high level tier 1 can replace half of elite, so therefore your kid is practically elite.

Anon
Anon
Anon

"peers"

I will let it go...because we are not getting anywhere. And, how did I know your kid was a "higher level black" and high level tier 1 can replace half of elite, so therefore your kid is practically elite.

Oh boy. You know you're reaching when you have to point out what you assume are spelling mistakes instead of autocorrects. So let's me make an assumption. Anyone who is so obsessed about how the EHF names their divisions doesn't have a player in the EHF. I'll go a step further and guess your kid might play on a team in the E9. And you're tired of hearing EHF Parents say they are equivalent to EHF tier 1 black and lower division to white. So you have a chip on your shoulder with anything that has to do with the EHF.

You certainly honed in the the fact that my Son plays on a team that finished near the top in the Black. What you seemed to have skimmed over is the part where he played Elite. So yes, I am very aware of the skill level in those two divisions. See, we made the decision to switch because it cut our drive time in half, he's playing with friends from school, we liked the coach and we thought it would still be a good level of play. While we liked his Elite Coach and team, his coach was very understanding as to why we made the change, which is why we received a call from his previous coach (yes, apparently he thinks our Son is Elite) to see how this past season went and if we were interested in coming back.

I'm sure this may be surprising but we have a kid with other interests other than hockey. He actually plays other sports. His siblings also play other sports so the shorter hockey commute has been a blessing. And since we are not obsessed about playing in the highest league or chasing that D1 scholarship that so many think their kid is on the path to, the move was a good one for us.

But thanks for pointing out an irrelevant auto correct. If you get that picky about a spelling error I bet your kid loves getting in the car with you after a tough game. Oh well, as long as he's playing in the correctly classified USA hockey league then it's all good

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"peers"

Oh boy. You know you're reaching when you have to point out what you assume are spelling mistakes instead of autocorrects. So let's me make an assumption. Anyone who is so obsessed about how the EHF names their divisions doesn't have a player in the EHF. I'll go a step further and guess your kid might play on a team in the E9. And you're tired of hearing EHF Parents say they are equivalent to EHF tier 1 black and lower division to white. So you have a chip on your shoulder with anything that has to do with the EHF.

You certainly honed in the the fact that my Son plays on a team that finished near the top in the Black. What you seemed to have skimmed over is the part where he played Elite. So yes, I am very aware of the skill level in those two divisions. See, we made the decision to switch because it cut our drive time in half, he's playing with friends from school, we liked the coach and we thought it would still be a good level of play. While we liked his Elite Coach and team, his coach was very understanding as to why we made the change, which is why we received a call from his previous coach (yes, apparently he thinks our Son is Elite) to see how this past season went and if we were interested in coming back.

I'm sure this may be surprising but we have a kid with other interests other than hockey. He actually plays other sports. His siblings also play other sports so the shorter hockey commute has been a blessing. And since we are not obsessed about playing in the highest league or chasing that D1 scholarship that so many think their kid is on the path to, the move was a good one for us.

But thanks for pointing out an irrelevant auto correct. If you get that picky about a spelling error I bet your kid loves getting in the car with you after a tough game. Oh well, as long as he's playing in the correctly classified USA hockey league then it's all good
A little defensive there.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"peers"

The ole' my kid could play elite if he really wanted to, has played elite in the past and we decided moving down was a better fit for the family elite coaches are still contacting you trying to get your kid back to elite. Dude,between this post and your previous ones you have touched on every aspect of insecurity and justification of EHF black and all the Tier 1 designations.

This is awesome.

anon
talent in white div was =to town aa hockey .what will silver be =to town a what a joke EHF biggest money grab in hockey

Remember, it could be worse, you could be in BHL or E9.

anon
anon
talent in white div was =to town aa hockey .what will silver be =to town a what a joke EHF biggest money grab in hockey

Not following your logic here; E9 looks better than ever compared with this as the Elite level is limited to E9 and EHF Elite. All these levels have no effect on other leagues. Town hockey should be worried, there is no reason for it to exist when EHF has about four tiers plus EMHL teams. That absorbs anyone that can play at any level. The money will roll in, more than it already is.

Anon
anon
anon

Not following your logic here; E9 looks better than ever compared with this as the Elite level is limited to E9 and EHF Elite. All these levels have no effect on other leagues. Town hockey should be worried, there is no reason for it to exist when EHF has about four tiers plus EMHL teams. That absorbs anyone that can play at any level. The money will roll in, more than it already is.

the problem will arise when the teams sell these parents a bill of goods then enter tournaments and get smoked by town b teams. Then the parents will start questioning the 4500 they are paying, and it will get that high because of the Tier 1 (real) coming for the older levels and need the subsidy. plus im curious to know where all the ice time is going to come from. 4 teams in each level? you will need to play out of three rinks to pull it off. Does every organization have an opportunity to play out of 3 rinks?

anon

not even close man. white division would not compete in most town A hockey teams and the EMHL (Silver) teams are at best town C teams. Enjoy paying for the elite and junior teams suckers!!!

Sorry your kid could not not make ANY team in the EHF. Enjoy Saugus Town A hockey..

WOW
Sorry your kid could not not make ANY team in the EHF. Enjoy Saugus Town A hockey..
There is NO kid that can't make one of these teams are you kidding. There aren't this many players in New England.

Explain this to me then: The Breakers were Tier 1 White last season and won the the division in 2015/16. This year they finished 1st overall in T1 Black and made it to the Final losing by 1 goal. I think EHF Black is excellent hockey and some of the higher teams in White (maybe top 3, more than likely top 2) can play at a high level. (Black) However, if you look at this year's White bracket the top 2-3 would have finished in the Black at the bottom 4-5 slots. Unless of course you find the Black to be town hockey as well...

WOW
Explain this to me then: The Breakers were Tier 1 White last season and won the the division in 2015/16. This year they finished 1st overall in T1 Black and made it to the Final losing by 1 goal. I think EHF Black is excellent hockey and some of the higher teams in White (maybe top 3, more than likely top 2) can play at a high level. (Black) However, if you look at this year's White bracket the top 2-3 would have finished in the Black at the bottom 4-5 slots. Unless of course you find the Black to be town hockey as well...

Every team in every league can vary year to year. That is why sometime there are black as good as Elite, E9 that can beat Elite and lose to tier 1 the following year. That is why it doesn't matter. Oh, and my Son plays tier 1 black, has a kid on his team who also plays Town A and apparently is by far the top scoring kid on his town team, good amount of goals on his EHF team but certainly not the stand out he is on his town team

I agree with everything you said.

The explanation is simple, the parity process is flawed and despite having a great regular season two years ago the Breakers got put in the white division for last year before moving up to the black division this year. Teams can and do vary from year to year, but regular season performance should count for a lot more than it does. I mean seriously, in the 06 division does anyone think the CT Rangers, Manchester Flames, and North Shore Shamrocks should have to play into the Black division? Does anyone really think any of these Tier 1 white would compete with these black division playoff qualifiers? With the new alignment, hopefully the division stays large (13 teams this year). It was nice having to only play each team three times in the regular season rather than five or six.

Anon
The explanation is simple, the parity process is flawed and despite having a great regular season two years ago the Breakers got put in the white division for last year before moving up to the black division this year. Teams can and do vary from year to year, but regular season performance should count for a lot more than it does. I mean seriously, in the 06 division does anyone think the CT Rangers, Manchester Flames, and North Shore Shamrocks should have to play into the Black division? Does anyone really think any of these Tier 1 white would compete with these black division playoff qualifiers? With the new alignment, hopefully the division stays large (13 teams this year). It was nice having to only play each team three times in the regular season rather than five or six.

No way the divisions are staying large. You must have missed the post about 3 divisions in white now. They would need close to 40 teams for that to happen

EMHL stays but is splitting to two divisions as well- Gold and Red. This is just good for parity. Flames and Vipers EMHL don't belong there- those are AAA teams not AA(which is what EMHL is). With Vipers moving out to PHL and Tier 1 adding silver it gives the EMHL teams a path.

Anon
What a joke! Honestly, what's next....the "can't skate at all yellow division"?

When are parents going to wake up....Silver? Wow....

TIER 1 STRUCTURE AND PARITY
MARCH 17, 2017
The EHF announces an expanded Tier 1 Structure

The EHF is pleased to announce a new structure for the Tier 1 Division that will go into affect for the 2017-2018 season. The Tier 1 Division will be altering its structural design that currently consists of a Black Division and a White division by adding a third group (Silver Division) to capitalize on the success and growth of the Tier 1 division.

Here are some of the highlights to the new design

• All Elite organizations will be permitted to place two teams in the Tier 1 division as well as some existing Tier 1 organizations

• No more than 2 teams per organization will be allowed within the 3 Tier 1 groups.

• The 3 Tier 1 groups will consist of like teams determined by 2 parity Tournaments

• Black Division Parity Tournament: April 7th-9th

• White Division Parity Tournament: April 28th-30th

• All teams must declare their intention to participate in the Black Division parity round by March 27th.

• All teams must declare their intention to participate in the White Division parity round by April 12th.

• In the Black Division, first and second place finishers in the 2016-2017 regular season as well as the playoff champion are not required to participate in the Parity tournament and will be guaranteed a spot in that group.

• All 2nd teams for an organization must compete in the 2nd Parity Tournament if they want to compete for a spot in the White Division

• In the White Division, first and second place finishers in the 2016-2017 regular season as well as the playoff champion are exempt from needing to participate in the 2nd Parity tournament but must compete in the 1st Parity tournament to qualify for a spot in the Black Division.

This is for the Tier 1 Division only and does not affect the Elite Division composition in any way.
EHF SUPPORTERS »
Stop-It Goaltending

What will happen if a team blows up and takes the whole team elsewhere? (06' breakers finished 1st in black)

Automatic bids for 1st and 2nd place finishers is well-justified and a nice, across the board, well-deserved reward by the EHF. Blowup scenarios are a real stretch and if they happen, so be it.

Agreed what a joke. EHF should do super bowl ads that's how good in marketing they are fooling gullible parents that tier1 silver is an accomplishment. 6 or a half dozen. Silver or EMHL? Same league group of cuts. Sorry your kids got cut by the white team I mean black team that's how much they stink. Keep writing those checks!

Anonymous
Anon

MARCH 17, 2017

The EHF is pleased to announce a new structure for the Tier 1 Division that will go into affect for the 2017-2018 season. The Tier 1 Division will be altering its structural design that currently consists of a Black Division and a White division by adding a third group (Silver Division) to capitalize on the success and growth of the Tier 1 division.

• All Elite organizations will be permitted to place two teams in the Tier 1 division as well as some existing Tier 1 organizations

• No more than 2 teams per organization will be allowed within the 3 Tier 1 groups.

• The 3 Tier 1 groups will consist of like teams determined by 2 parity Tournaments

• All teams must declare their intention to participate in the Black Division parity round by March 27th.

• All teams must declare their intention to participate in the White Division parity round by April 12th.

• In the Black Division, first and second place finishers in the 2016-2017 regular season as well as the playoff champion are not required to participate in the Parity tournament and will be guaranteed a spot in that group.

• All 2nd teams for an organization must compete in the 2nd Parity Tournament if they want to compete for a spot in the White Division

• In the White Division, first and second place finishers in the 2016-2017 regular season as well as the playoff champion are exempt from needing to participate in the 2nd Parity tournament but must compete in the 1st Parity tournament to qualify for a spot in the Black Division.

This is for the Tier 1 Division only and does not affect the Elite Division composition in any way.
EHF SUPPORTERS »
Stop-It Goaltending

What will happen if a team blows up and takes the whole team elsewhere? (06' breakers finished 1st in black)

And the two coaches are taking their two kids to head up the Bandits. No other Breakers tier 1 going. They should still be competitive

Oh god, Now the argument is going to be "you have to play in the EHF Silver" if you want to play competitive town hockey".

Club hockey in this area becomes a bigger and bigger joke every year !

So this makes playing in parity a requirement unless you want to get stuck in the silver, correct? Even if you know you belong in the white division. Just another money grab and a way to fill ice time.

How long before the green, purple and Red divisions, total joke.

Following suit. mpdhl to nephl. emhl to t1 silver. So many Teams changing names. Now leagues. Typical hockey bs for the almighty $$$&.

Anon
Oh god, Now the argument is going to be "you have to play in the EHF Silver" if you want to play competitive town hockey".

Club hockey in this area becomes a bigger and bigger joke every year !

Same d-bags saying there is no difference between elite and tier 1 now getting all uppity about the Silver!

1. Elite
2. Tier-1 white, black, silver, magenta, whatever

E9 looks like a great option now. FED is dying! Bahahaha!

Anon

MARCH 17, 2017

EHF SUPPORTERS »
Stop-It Goaltending

I tip my cap to them. They are a money-making machine.

What happens to the NE Jr Falcons who are now considered the Islanders? Can only 1 team play in the Black division?

My understanding is any original EHF team (that has an elite program) can only have 1 team in each bracket. One in Black, 1 in White. Not sure what the Islanders will do because it looks like they are fielding about 4 teams in each bracket..

anon
What happens to the NE Jr Falcons who are now considered the Islanders? Can only 1 team play in the Black division?

Since when? Dual State Riverhawks are now IHC-Tyngsboro, they'll probably play EMHL. The 2 IHC T1 teams will play T1 black and T1 White or silver. Unless I read that press release incorrectly.

Anon
anon

Since when? Dual State Riverhawks are now IHC-Tyngsboro, they'll probably play EMHL. The 2 IHC T1 teams will play T1 black and T1 White or silver. Unless I read that press release incorrectly.

for EHF purposes the old Riverhawks are a separate organization so they can also be in the T1 B,W,S along with the IHC-East teams.

The new set up is a joke. Let's call it what it is, a money grab. As a whole with all the new teams popping up, the product on the ice is getting watered down. Elite division and a Tier 1 division. AAA and I have a kid starting out that is playing at that level, should not be in the ehf. A developmental league, that quite frankly you would hope would be more affordable, and you try and keep these kids in house and develop them. Craziness, I guess all the talk about all the leagues coming together to from one league might not be garbage talk.

EHF will allow 2- T1 teams from the same program to play in the same T1 color division. Parity is the most important component. They will not allow a strong (2nd) T1 team from one organization to pound on white and/or silver tier teams. That defeats the purpose of parity. They rather both T1 teams make the same division (black for example instead of making one leave black for white or silver)

Anon
EHF will allow 2- T1 teams from the same program to play in the same T1 color division. Parity is the most important component. They will not allow a strong (2nd) T1 team from one organization to pound on white and/or silver tiered teams. That defeats the purpose of parity. They rather both T1 teams make the same division (black for example instead of making one leave black for white or silver)

it was explained differently to me.

anon
Anon
EHF will allow 2- T1 teams from the same program to play in the same T1 color division. Parity is the most important component. They will not allow a strong (2nd) T1 team from one organization to pound on white and/or silver tiered teams. That defeats the purpose of parity. They rather both T1 teams make the same division (black for example instead of making one leave black for white or silver)

this applies only to programs with elite teams, i.e Top Gun, Eagles, IHC

anon
anon
Anon

this applies only to programs with elite teams, i.e Top Gun, Eagles, IHC

Thank you sir. Now it makes more sense.

It seems to be pretty clear on the FED website. Two teams from the same organization can't be in the same division. I don't agree with it but this is what it says:

No more than two (2) teams per organization will be allowed within the three Tier I groups (organizations cannot have two teams in the same group).

• The three Tier I groups will consist of like teams determined by two (2) parity tournaments.

• In the Black Division, first and second place finishers in the 2016-2017 regular season, as well as the playoff champion, are not required to participate in the Parity Tournament and will be guaranteed a spot in that group.

• All second teams for an organization must compete in the second Parity Tournament if they want to compete for a spot in the White Division.

anon
It seems to be pretty clear on the FED website. Two teams from the same organization can't be in the same division. I don't agree with it but this is what it says:

No more than two (2) teams per organization will be allowed within the three Tier I groups (organizations cannot have two teams in the same group).

• The three Tier I groups will consist of like teams determined by two (2) parity tournaments.

• In the Black Division, first and second place finishers in the 2016-2017 regular season, as well as the playoff champion, are not required to participate in the Parity Tournament and will be guaranteed a spot in that group.

• All second teams for an organization must compete in the second Parity Tournament if they want to compete for a spot in the White Division.

I read it the way you did as well. But I was told by an elite club admin that 2 T1 rosters from the same club CAN get into the same colored division.

two teams from the same org cannot be in the same division. one team in the black and one team in the white or any combination of. black/white or black/silver, or white/silver

Anon
two teams from the same org cannot be in the same division. one team in the black and one team in the white or any combination of. black/white or black/silver, or white/silver

^^^Correct

So let me ask you this.... Tier 1 Black team plays in black parity tourney and doesn't get in, they are automatically in white. Tier 1 White teams plays in white parity and makes it in... so the white gets bumped to silver ?

This is going to be a sh*t show ! So a decent Tier 1 white team (that is a relative term I know) will end up playing against silver teams, which is going to be the equivalent of below town hockey.

Anon
So let me ask you this.... Tier 1 Black team plays in black parity tourney and doesn't get in, they are automatically in white. Tier 1 White teams plays in white parity and makes it in... so the white gets bumped to silver ?

This is going to be a sh*t show ! So a decent Tier 1 white team (that is a relative term I know) will end up playing against silver teams, which is going to be the equivalent of below town hockey.

If a Tier 1 black team plays in parity and doesn't make it they are NOT automatically in White, they would need to then play in the White parity tournament and make it. Because of the fewer spots in each division, you could see teams going from Black this year to Silver next year- believe it.

If you have a max of say 7 or 8 in a division and the top 1-2 returning teams are a lock, all the remaining teams in parity are playing for 5-6 available spots basically. You could have a 4 seed be a Champ for example and then you have 3 teams that don't need to do parity meaning even fewer spots available. This is Hans Landa- BINGO- levels of exciting.

Black had 13 teams this year at 06....if you make a cap of 7-8 to have an even number of teams as the goal in each division that means 5-6 automatically won't make Black that were there this year. That then also means that 5-6 teams move down to white and play parity there. You could have a bottom end Black team from this year not make the top 6-7 in White and get bumped to Silver.

It will be interesting. I like the fact they won't allow org discretion anymore as to what division you play in. If you had a bad Black parity showing you go to white parity, you don't get to say- well we're going to have the team in Black anyway. I heard from a parent on 06 Tier 1 SSK that was the case for their team as to why they went to Black.

A Non
Anon

If a Tier 1 black team plays in parity and doesn't make it they are NOT automatically in White, they would need to then play in the White parity tournament and make it. Because of the fewer spots in each division, you could see teams going from Black this year to Silver next year- believe it.

If you have a max of say 7 or 8 in a division and the top 1-2 returning teams are a lock, all the remaining teams in parity are playing for 5-6 available spots basically. You could have a 4 seed be a Champ for example and then you have 3 teams that don't need to do parity meaning even fewer spots available. This is Hans Landa- BINGO- levels of exciting.

Black had 13 teams this year at 06....if you make a cap of 7-8 to have an even number of teams as the goal in each division that means 5-6 automatically won't make Black that were there this year. That then also means that 5-6 teams move down to white and play parity there. You could have a bottom end Black team from this year not make the top 6-7 in White and get bumped to Silver.

It will be interesting. I like the fact they won't allow org discretion anymore as to what division you play in. If you had a bad Black parity showing you go to white parity, you don't get to say- well we're going to have the team in Black anyway. I heard from a parent on 06 Tier 1 SSK that was the case for their team as to why they went to Black.

So what happens if two teams make it into the white division from the same organization ??

what happens if two teams make it into the silver division ??

You cant believe that they will limit the organization to 1 team in each division !

Anon
A Non
Anon

So what happens if two teams make it into the white division from the same organization ??

You cant believe that they will limit the organization to 1 team in each division !
This thread is insane. It's simple. It's set up to maximize revenue to the teams and owners, and will continue to evolve for that purpose.

Anon
A Non
Anon

I only think this currently applies to Jr Terriers or Caps/Woon at least in 06. Some other levels MMF have multiple Tier 1 teams. It's a good question because if one team from an org is a lock as a top 2 they are essentially saying to another team within the org they can't even do parity at all at that level even if they are good enough to make it!?

If a team that was in Black let's say but doesn't make Black for the next year through parity but then there is another team within the same org that's a lock in White as a top finisher the Black team is not going to silver you have to think right?. My guess is you end up playing wherever you make it through parity regardless of how many teams the org has if the real intention is parity.

I can see some teams complaining that if two MMF teams for example are allowed at a certain level it's unfair to them and their chances.....but I mean it should be on merit in my opinion.

As far as this is about a money grab, that doesn't make much sense. The divisions have the same number of teams they had last year. There's no more revenue being grabbed here next year than last year with two divisions except for the two new orgs coming in. Having the Man Monarchs and NH Cyclones coming in are two very solid programs that will help the EHF.

If parity is the ultimate goal then there will in fact be multiple teams from one program in the same division.

Anon
If parity is the ultimate goal then there will in fact be multiple teams from one program in the same division.

Succinctly said

Anon

Correct.

And there are too many Islander teams now to avoid having more than one of them parity into the same division.

Hopefully there are so many teams the divisions are still large. 06 Black was 13 teams and that was perfect, playing each team just three times. It gets boring playing the same teams over and over, especially when you add in playoffs against the same teams. Even the teams that ended up with weak records hung in there most games.

Looks like a lot of Tier 1 Black chest pounding parents are going to be butt-hurt when little Johnny's playing in the white this year. Sorry your team got cut!

ANON
The new set up is a joke. Let's call it what it is, a money grab. As a whole with all the new teams popping up, the product on the ice is getting watered down. Elite division and a Tier 1 division. AAA and I have a kid starting out that is playing at that level, should not be in the ehf. A developmental league, that quite frankly you would hope would be more affordable, and you try and keep these kids in house and develop them. Craziness, I guess all the talk about all the leagues coming together to from one league might not be garbage talk.
^^Exactly. It's all driven by money and demand.