email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 95 Giants

A Non
I'll say one thing, program status aside, but NESV is THE nicest facility I've ever been in for youth hockey.

I'll take Chelsea Piers, the one in Stamford, not the one that is actually at Chelsea Piers.

anon
Anon
Larry
Truth is some of the younger levels will be hurting again. They did not grab all those caps players that they thought they were going to. They will not have a youth u14 age because can't field enough players. Moving those kids up to the 15 team. Not able to field 18 FS. 15 and 16 FS will be a total joke. No talent. None of the youth teams will make the e9 next year. This is basically a lower level (if you believe it to be possible) Lovell Knights. Add in that joke of a new program they're trying to start and the Lovells have become worse than the owner of the express. Check please.

Ouch!!

Does any real hockey parent think teams like these are an option??? Good lord.

any real hockey parent? good lord listen to yourself.

anon
Anon
Larry
Truth is some of the younger levels will be hurting again. They did not grab all those caps players that they thought they were going to. They will not have a youth u14 age because can't field enough players. Moving those kids up to the 15 team. Not able to field 18 FS. 15 and 16 FS will be a total joke. No talent. None of the youth teams will make the e9 next year. This is basically a lower level (if you believe it to be possible) Lovell Knights. Add in that joke of a new program they're trying to start and the Lovells have become worse than the owner of the express. Check please.

Ouch!!

The fact that you self identity as a "hockey parent" is pretty telling.

ANON
anon
Anon
Larry

Ouch!!

The fact that you self identity as a "hockey parent" is pretty telling.

95 Giants = Bender City

Sorry your kid didn't make the team!

If you showed up and gave Joe a check you made it

Are they having a U14 team?

Yes. It looks to be close to full

Any good?

JUNK

Did either of the squirt/PW teams pick up kids from the caps/ssk/other programs? Any progress in improving teams rosters? Maybe after EHF tryouts this week? No skin in the game. Just curious if the arena will ultimately draw talent.

Anon
Did either of the squirt/PW teams pick up kids from the caps/ssk/other programs? Any progress in improving teams rosters? Maybe after EHF tryouts this week? No skin in the game. Just curious if the arena will ultimately draw talent.

Well it cant be good that some of their players are coming to town hockey tryouts and cant even make the top team.

anon
Anon

Well it cant be good that some of their players are coming to town hockey tryouts and cant even make the top team.

05's ?.... if so that was only one of seven tryouts !

Anon
anon
Anon

What does that mean .... "one of seven tryouts"? Joke? Can't tell.

Anyway, how did the 05s look? Any new talent?

It's funny how concerned people are with Lovell. Everyone wants to see him fail , seems like jeoulousy to me .he is just branching out and even though all of his programs may not be the best it takes Dedication and guts to do that . All the power to him, his program is above all else when it comes to developing players to the next level. That's what it is all about and parents that worry about championships and league wins are pathetic . I would rather keep my kid there and let him or her develop over worrying about what level/league they play in.

Who cares?

when you mean developing players at the next level does that include the all the U20 kids they left to dry without any games or a coach at practice for the last 8 weeks.
Now I call that developing for the next level....

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

If you were referring to 05's being at town tryouts, then those players tried out at about seven organizations !

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

If you were referring to 05's being at town tryouts, then those players tried out at about seven organizations !

I can only imagine the money people waste chasing tryouts from one organization to the next. Some of the town teams charge a lot of money to tryout.

By the way, the Giants website says that the 05s are running "open" (aka FREE) tryouts this Friday to fill openings (same for 04, 06 and 08). I guess some of the tryout chasers didn't make the cut with the Giants either.

Anonq
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

I can only imagine the money people waste chasing tryouts from one organization to the next. Some of the town teams charge a lot of money to tryout.

By the way, the Giants website says that the 05s are running "open" (aka FREE) tryouts this Friday to fill openings (same for 04, 06 and 08). I guess some of the tryout chasers didn't make the cut with the Giants either.

Maybe trying to give kids one last option? Perhaps EHF 05s, etc cut/unhappy about team placement following this weeks tryout. Or, maybe they simply don't have enough kids.

Anonq
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Those tryout chasers were already on the Giants, maybe just looking for something else, I doubt they got cut from Giants, although that is very very possible.

Please if you showed up you made the Gaints, this will be the last time you also see JL head to Hingham if you want to see the brothers

ANON
Please if you showed up you made the Gaints, this will be the last time you also see JL head to Hingham if you want to see the brothers

I am trying to make sense out your sentence, but I can't. Please explain.

I believe what he means is you will not see JL in Raynham or Attleboro much next year helping with youth program. They are launching a new program out of Blackstone and he will need to focus on that to get it off the ground. He brought in a guy to run the Giants. He's arrogant so it won't do a good job recruiting actual talent. JL has folks in place to help with the Knights. They have zero involvement with Advantage Ice now. TL thinks he has BA on cruise control.

TL and JL really focusing on Northeast Generals. They took over coaching that team and are trying to help save it. Their efforts have been out recruiting players for next year and totally ignoring their youth teams. The information about the U20 team and others is totally true. Unfortunately.

They have lost what they once had. Grew too fast. Players that have BA helmet stickers no longer stand outs. It's all about money with them as their secondary programs to BA have proven to be very weak. The Lovell lovers can argue all you want however every program there is a turnstile every year and they scramble to grab players for both their first teams and take anyone's check to make up a second team.

Sadly there are very few good organizations left. Lovell is certainly not one of them unless your kid is on TL's U15 team.

The extra skate for the 05 Giants is to fill in holes for the second team. Lovell does this every year. Add extra skates and takes anybody. Like it or not any Lovell team as a second choice to a Fed team. Sorry. Even to the Caps.

La La Lovell Lova
I believe what he means is you will not see JL in Raynham or Attleboro much next year helping with youth program. They are launching a new program out of Blackstone and he will need to focus on that to get it off the ground. He brought in a guy to run the Giants. He's arrogant so it won't do a good job recruiting actual talent. JL has folks in place to help with the Knights. They have zero involvement with Advantage Ice now. TL thinks he has BA on cruise control.

TL and JL really focusing on Northeast Generals. They took over coaching that team and are trying to help save it. Their efforts have been out recruiting players for next year and totally ignoring their youth teams. The information about the U20 team and others is totally true. Unfortunately.

They have lost what they once had. Grew too fast. Players that have BA helmet stickers no longer stand outs. It's all about money with them as their secondary programs to BA have proven to be very weak. The Lovell lovers can argue all you want however every program there is a turnstile every year and they scramble to grab players for both their first teams and take anyone's check to make up a second team.

Sadly there are very few good organizations left. Lovell is certainly not one of them unless your kid is on TL's U15 team.

The extra skate for the 05 Giants is to fill in holes for the second team. Lovell does this every year. Add extra skates and takes anybody. Like it or not any Lovell team as a second choice to a Fed team. Sorry. Even to the Caps.

thanks, ha. just re-read the post and adding some level of punctuation made it clear what he meant.

Completely disagree, I have a kid in BA Developmental. TL is at there practice on the ice with little kids 80% of the time . He has not forgotten about the other programs.

La La Lovell Lova

So they're running two Giants teams this year. Have any of the youth Giants teams improved at all?

Who did they bring in to run the Giants? Heard that they have new coaches for at least a few of the lower levels. Of course, if there is limited talent, won't make a huge difference.

Re-Read the posts 11:27am. BA their only good program. Look at the other program talent levels, talent in general, turnover, and win/loss. JL never around. Were once great. Now are on par with Walpole Express. They are scrambling to find 6 or 7 kids to fill out their 2nd teams. How about just trying to go with 1 good vs. 2 bad? Tells you everything you need to know about what their motivation is... $$$$

Any chance any of these Giants Teams make American or Even E9 I do not have a kid playing just trying to gauge the talent.

04 team is a lock for American and a fringe E9 team. Did well last year in a very competitive BHL American.

Anon
04 team is a lock for American and a fringe E9 team. Did well last year in a very competitive BHL American.

How about the other teams (05s, 06s and 07s)? Any improvements?

No talent- National league best players all left, and went to other Lovell programs or RI teams. in a few years they will have a good base, but not next year

This thread has me confused. Some people saying that some of the teams (well, the 04 team anyway) will be good (or, at least competitive) and others saying all the decent players throughout the entire program have left (ever single one of them!!) leaving the program void of any talent. How does anyone know how good any of the teams are going to be? They haven't even posted rosters (I don't think) or started practicing, etc. Legit, sincere question.

Anyway, I have zero affiliation with the program and I'm not defending the teams. I was just casually reading the thread and my head started to spin.

By the way, my expectation is that the teams will continue to struggle (as is typical of a new program). However, I'd get a good laugh if some of their teams turned out decent. Would ruffle some feathers.

Giants actually losing players to Walpole express now. Most likely they will be gone in the next year or two.

Anon
Giants actually losing players to Walpole express now. Most likely they will be gone in the next year or two.

Just an ATM for JL. Purest fleecing there is, only cost is the ice.

Low rent coaches, horrific skills, poor talent.

Profit margins through the roof.

When all was said and done the Giants did not have the impact people thought. Couldn't even field respectable teams at the older levels. No mass exodus from Caps by any good elite players. People who jumped ship from were lower teams. Not going to help the Giants. The guy they brought in to run the show is a total bozo.

Knights had weak numbers at tryouts as well. Tried to field some full season older level teams and had like two people show up for tryouts. Giants had all town or T1 White players. Lovell's newest money grab, the East Coast Leafs was a complete dud. Literally 3 kids at tryouts.

Outside of a few good teams at the youth level there is no such thing as dominant programs anymore. Way to watered down. At the U14 and above level, any good player goes to mass selects and one of those programs. Everything else is purely vanilla watered down hockey.

Little TL's team only good team left out of entire franchise.

Anon
When all was said and done the Giants did not have the impact people thought. Couldn't even field respectable teams at the older levels. No mass exodus from Caps by any good elite players. People who jumped ship from were lower teams. Not going to help the Giants. The guy they brought in to run the show is a total bozo.

Knights had weak numbers at tryouts as well. Tried to field some full season older level teams and had like two people show up for tryouts. Giants had all town or T1 White players. Lovell's newest money grab, the East Coast Leafs was a complete dud. Literally 3 kids at tryouts.

Outside of a few good teams at the youth level there is no such thing as dominant programs anymore. Way to watered down. At the U14 and above level, any good player goes to mass selects and one of those programs. Everything else is purely vanilla watered down hockey.

Little TL's team only good team left out of entire franchise.

Just curious. How does someone know so much the Giants, Knights and East Coast Leafs tryouts? Not doubting. Just genuinely curious. Are you scouting tryouts? Standing outside with a clicker in hand counting the number of kids heading into tryouts? Dead serious. I took a look at the Giants' and Knights websites and don't see rosters. How do people get this information?

Anyway, informative post. Who is running the Giants?

Simple. My kid plays for Knights, has for a few years.. Every year it's a revolving door and talent gets worse. Was going to head to Giants but talent even worse. Convenient for us and my kid not good enough for EHF elite. Leafs had their tryouts at Raynham. Joke. That's how I know.

Are the Giants still planning to field elite and select teams at each level? Based on what you're saying, it seems many of the "elite" teams are going to end up in the National division? What happens to the select teams? BHL allow the Giants to have 2 teams in the same division?

My BHL experience says no, they won't allow two teams in the same division except in E9. Last year, '03 level BB Elites I think went 0-8 in parity, BB select I think went 1-7. Elite team played BHL National and select played independant. If memory serves the same thing happened a few years back with Assabet '03's, elite played national and select played VHL. So that's been my experience but like anything else in youth hockey, subject to change based upon team ownership, relationships, and evolving rules.

anon
BHL allow the Giants to have 2 teams in the same division?

If they make it through parity, but they wont.

The BHL will place a team in a lower birth year if that is a feasible option as opposed to kicking them out, however they usually kick them out the following year of they cant hang, like Boch , NH Edge, etc..

Any new info on Giants having more then one team per age group, moving to area my son needs a spot heard this would be easy to make.. 04 BY

Anon
Giants actually losing players to Walpole express now.

Losing ? or kids tried out at a dozen other places and Walpole was the only place they could make a top team ?? Those kids ?

Anon
Re-Read the posts 11:27am. BA their only good program. Look at the other program talent levels, talent in general, turnover, and win/loss. JL never around. Were once great. Now are on par with Walpole Express. They are scrambling to find 6 or 7 kids to fill out their 2nd teams. How about just trying to go with 1 good vs. 2 bad? Tells you everything you need to know about what their motivation is... $$$$

Comparing Lovell to Walpole Express is a bi of a stretch, bottom four kids cut from Lovell Teir 1 teams go to Express Premier teams and are the best kids they have.

Any Teir 1 or AAA team is going to take a few kids that probably don't belong to fill out the roster, its the nature of select hockey in New England at this time. The top 7 kids on any Lovell Knights or BA team can make any elite team

Anon
Anon

Comparing Lovell to Walpole Express is a bi of a stretch, bottom four kids cut from Lovell Teir 1 teams go to Express Premier teams and are the best kids they have.

Any Teir 1 or AAA team is going to take a few kids that probably don't belong to fill out the roster, its the nature of select hockey in New England at this time. The top 7 kids on any Lovell Knights or BA team can make any elite team

That's funny! Top 7? Come on now son! Maybe if you close your eyes and say it 10 times it will become true!!! SMH!!!

Anon
Anon
Anon

That's funny! Top 7? Come on now son! Maybe if you close your eyes and say it 10 times it will become true!!! SMH!!!

There is no doubt that the top 7 kids on any elite team from BA or Knights, and most programs for that matter, could play at any other program.

Not an elite team but on Tier 1 Black team yes they could.

Anon
Not an elite team but on Tier 1 Black team yes they could.

This clown ^^^^

Anon

Confirmed two kids from 06 Caps EHF White team went there. One was ok, one would have been cut for this year. There's your barometer.

A Non
Anon

Confirmed two kids from 06 Caps EHF White team went there. One was ok, one would have been cut for this year. There's your barometer.

I know a kid heading there, Ben Tanchles.

anon
A Non
Anon

I know a kid heading there, Ben Tanchles.

Waxed laces or no?

I heard they had close to 40 kids at the 2005 tryouts. Not sure about quality,,,but still had numbers. Also heard that the 06 and 07s had numbers too. Again not sure about quality. Pretty sure new coaches coming in at some of the lower levels...maybe they're bringing kids. Anyway, new program so bumps are expected.

No u14. They're going to be terrible if they do field a team. they took the already not very good U14 team and move them to the U 15 team as no numbers there either. My son is a 2003 and it was not going to be an option for him. Joke of a program

Careful here folks. Saying U14/15/16/18 levels from other countries, states and all super elite teams. What's really happening is he is filling gaps where he can with Tier 2 players at best, HS rejects and 1/2 season kids. Do your homework with before falling for the Lovell and company sell job.