Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E9 schedule

The EHF with their 5 teams per birth year. Fake elite, aaa, tan, purple, blue and then EMHL. See you all at high school tryouts!

anon
Anon
New to this E9 1/2 season, when does the schedule come out?

I think its a Mite-Bantam thing. You play against the rest of the E9 teams from Sept-Dec. At that point you pick up the competition a bit and play against the Valley C and B Teams from Jan-Mar.

Give it a rest. We understand that you think your kid plays in a superior youth recreational hockey league.

EHF Elite, way overrated..... several players in E9 that could make EHF Elite any day of the week....at all levels

ricky
EHF Elite, way overrated..... several players in E9 that could make EHF Elite any day of the week....at all levels

Couple, "several" is a stretch.

#fedelite4lyfe

So about that schedule?

Anon
So about that schedule?

if I recall correctly from Previous years. Parity schedule will come out about August 1. 1/2 season usually comes out shortly after first Parity schedule.

anon
ricky

Couple, "several" is a stretch.

#fedelite4lyfe

lol, other than the top line on any of these Elite teams, "Elite" just means he was a great skater as a 1st year mite. That's it. Plenty of kids playing high level hockey in any of the leagues, including, gulp, Town A, that could take your kid's spot. They all develop at different speeds. But I get it, since jr was 7, you've been told he was special

ricky

Several BHL National players could, can, and have made elite EHF teams. Facts

I am not sure what the BHL national is but it sounds great. I am sure you and your child will thrive there.

ANON
I am not sure what the BHL national is but it sounds great. I am sure you and your child will thrive there.

BHL National = EHF White/Silver FEd4LYFE will explain as he has experience in these divisions.

anon
ANON

BHL National = EHF White/Silver FEd4LYFE will explain as he has experience in these divisions.

BHL national = Valley league B/C or E9 Tier 1

#fedelite4lyfe

anon
anon
ANON

#fedelite4lyfe

There is no such thing as E9 Tier 1. Only the EHF tries to convince its customers that second tier hockey is "Tier 1".

anon
anon
anon
ANON

#fedelite4lyfe

There is no such thing as E9 Tier 1. Only the EHF tries to convince its customers that second tier hockey is "Tier 1".
The EHF is a marketing machine that runs circles around the E9 and has the parents cutting checks from the "Elite" level down to Chartreuse. There is a difference at the top-team Brick and Q chasing levels. Beyond that, and at the older BYs, none. And both leagues know it.

Anon
anon
anon
anon
ANON

#fedelite4lyfe

The EHF is a marketing machine that runs circles around the E9 and has the parents cutting checks from the "Elite" level down to Chartreuse. There is a difference at the top-team Brick and Q chasing levels. Beyond that, and at the older BYs, none. And both leagues know it.

But, it's all about the young guns... replenish the system. Keep them thinking they're something until they figure it out around 13-15. Beautiful model. Wish I thought of it.

anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
ANON

#fedelite4lyfe

But, it's all about the young guns... replenish the system. Keep them thinking they're something until they figure it out around 13-15. Beautiful model. Wish I thought of it.

It's not the kids, it's the parents. Nothing feels or looks better than putting on that select team jacket for the first time and strutting around the rink like you own it. You've arrived, you're the parent of a future star.

EHF - E9..... either league, means nothing, as long as little Johnny is having fun

The Hockey Guru
EHF - E9..... either league, means nothing, as long as little Johnny is having fun

Having fun is defined as ...Parents are happy their kid is a 3rd liner on an "elite" team.

anon
The Hockey Guru

Having fun is defined as ...Parents are happy their kid is a 3rd liner on an "elite" team.

Or in the E9 lolol

so many EHF players don't belong, it's not even funny.... you can include whole organizations... Top Gun and Bandits.... That's Elite? HA!

KID ROCK
so many EHF players don't belong, it's not even funny.... you can include whole organizations... Top Gun and Bandits.... That's Elite? HA!

Bandits 07 Top 3 this year!

anon
anon
ANON

#fedelite4lyfe

Exactly....these are the kids making EHF Elite teams too.

OP here..any news on a schedule for 03 1/2 season?

I don't remember exactly when it came out but last year but I do remember thinking it seemed really late since I was coming from the EHF world. Going off memory, so most likely wrong, but I think we got they released the parity & U14 schedule together about two weeks before the start of the season.

anon
I don't remember exactly when it came out but last year but I do remember thinking it seemed really late since I was coming from the EHF world. Going off memory, so most likely wrong, but I think we got they released the parity & U14 schedule together about two weeks before the start of the season.

sorry your kid got cut

anon
anon

sorry your kid got cut

Another Tier 1 Silver Dad being a loser.

anon

Thanks

E9 schedule - 05 Rifles

Schedule out today. Anybody know where Springfield Rifles 05 Elite team is playing this year. Don't see them in the parity schedule.

Re: E9 schedule - 05 Rifles

you didnt look to hard. Automatic bid to E9

E9 schedule is posted now for the teams with guaranteed spots.

anon

So stupid. Its actually E10 now with Assabet guarantee. Great name of a league..

anon
anon

So stupid. Its actually E10 now with Assabet guarantee. Great name of a league..
They should have booted someone out. Plenty of candidates for that.

Anon
anon
anon

Only 2 divisions have 10 so dont your panties all in a bunch people.

anon
Anon
anon
anon

which divisions have 10? because I thought as a result there only going to be two play-in spots for some divisions?

anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon

which divisions have 10? because I thought as a result there only going to be two play-in spots for some divisions?

2004 and 2005.

2005 and 2006 only 2 spots. 2004 ,2007,2008 have 3 open spots per schedule

anon
anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon

2004 and 2005.

2005 and 2006 only 2 spots. 2004 ,2007,2008 have 3 open spots per schedule

Yeah...imagine a league claiming to be elite and having 10 members?!? Oh the humanity!

They should just drop the E9 thing and put everyone under the BHL name. No more auto-bids, confusing names, divisions, etc. 1 league, 2 or 3 divisions. Let the 15-20 programs play in 1 league and see who lands on top.

anon
They should just drop the E9 thing and put everyone under the BHL name. No more auto-bids, confusing names, divisions, etc. 1 league, 2 or 3 divisions. Let the 15-20 programs play in 1 league and see who lands on top.
Take that common sense crap somewhere else!

anon
Or, choose the ten or so generally strongest and best-run programs and form one league. At least that way you'd gain some name recognition and clarity around who is in the league.

10, 15, 20.. whatever the number is. Just let them all play each other under a single umbrella and let it sort itself out. No auto anything. Every year your program needs to earn it based on results.

I'm new to this E9/BHL thing, so forgive my ignorance as I'm trying to understand the set up. But why do only certain teams get an auto-bid and then 3 teams have to earn a spot? Why not just dump everyone in a big pool and have them prove they are the 'Elite 9' ?

Anon
10, 15, 20.. whatever the number is. Just let them all play each other under a single umbrella and let it sort itself out. No auto anything. Every year your program needs to earn it based on results.

I'm new to this E9/BHL thing, so forgive my ignorance as I'm trying to understand the set up. But why do only certain teams get an auto-bid and then 3 teams have to earn a spot? Why not just dump everyone in a big pool and have them prove they are the 'Elite 9' ?

or just let the 10 or so best teams play each other and not beat up weaker teams all the time.

The founding teams get automatic bids, they "paid" to create the league so they get to reap the benefits of it. (I'm sure it's easier to get more bodies at tryouts by pointing out our top team always plays "elite") E9 spots also get awarded based upon previous years results (winner of BHL American gets in, etc.) and the last two or three spots are filled up based upon a parity tournament. It's not the greatest system and EHF Elite is stronger but unlike the EHF model, it does allow for some movement into the upper division.

anon
The founding teams get automatic bids, they "paid" to create the league so they get to reap the benefits of it. (I'm sure it's easier to get more bodies at tryouts by pointing out our top team always plays "elite") E9 spots also get awarded based upon previous years results (winner of BHL American gets in, etc.) and the last two or three spots are filled up based upon a parity tournament. It's not the greatest system and EHF Elite is stronger but unlike the EHF model, it does allow for some movement into the upper division.
True. I'd add that the confusion it creates among players and more importantly parents isn't worth it though. It's part of the reason that the EHF has become a much stronger brand. They do add orgs who prove to be strong (e.g., Patriots now have automatic bids, but weren't a founding member).

Some good points are being made, but let's also consider the difficulty of doing it the EHF way, which was well documented on this board in April. If you make it subjective at all, then all hell breaks loose.

At least the E9 set up the founding organizations (presumably to attract talent to a small number of teams, a good idea) and an objective, structured method for gaining entry. That addresses the EHF Elite issue of having very weak teams at the bottom of the division, and the EHF Tier 1 issue of lacking structure for the parity tournament. I think it's a decent system except for the (apparent) politics being played by letting certain teams in that neither earned it with a championship nor played in through the parity tournament.

The only thing that stinks is my kid doesn't have a regular season game until late September. They should schedule games between the 6 guaranteed teams in early September so they can get their season going earlier.

anon
Some good points are being made, but let's also consider the difficulty of doing it the EHF way, which was well documented on this board in April. If you make it subjective at all, then all hell breaks loose.

At least the E9 set up the founding organizations (presumably to attract talent to a small number of teams, a good idea) and an objective, structured method for gaining entry. That addresses the EHF Elite issue of having very weak teams at the bottom of the division, and the EHF Tier 1 issue of lacking structure for the parity tournament. I think it's a decent system except for the (apparent) politics being played by letting certain teams in that neither earned it with a championship nor played in through the parity tournament.

The only thing that stinks is my kid doesn't have a regular season game until late September. They should schedule games between the 6 guaranteed teams in early September so they can get their season going earlier.
Your last point is a good one. No idea why they don't do that; there's no reason not to.

Anon
anon
True. I'd add that the confusion it creates among players and more importantly parents isn't worth it though. It's part of the reason that the EHF has become a much stronger brand. They do add orgs who prove to be strong (e.g., Patriots now have automatic bids, but weren't a founding member).

now you are mixing brand with product. and yes both EHF has the advantage in both. but the EHF has carried dead weight around for years with teams that just get beat up 40 times a year. and still parents will run to these teams because they have the EHF Elite label. for these specific teams - better hockey than E9 - I would think not.

anon
Anon
anon

now you are mixing brand with product. and yes both EHF has the advantage in both. but the EHF has carried dead weight around for years with teams that just get beat up 40 times a year. and still parents will run to these teams because they have the EHF Elite label. for these specific teams - better hockey than E9 - I would think not.

Good point. Playing on an overmatched team in EHF Elite instead of another team in another league is a common miscalculation that is made by the parents that drink the league kool aid. It's not always better to be in the stronger league. This situation is made worse if you're trying to jump to another team the following year but end up being blocked by a teammate.

For the record, in the 2004 division, Seacoast sat out the E9 for a couple of years, presumably because they felt their team was overmatched. This year, the 0-32 2004 Junior Rangers are playing in the parity tournament to see if they qualify. Both organizations are founding members and entitled to an automatic bid. So teams can and do opt out of the E9 if one of their birth years happens to be weak. If having a hybrid guarantee/play-in format for the league encourages these types of decisions, then I think it's the better format.

anon
Anon
anon

Most parents fail to distinguish between brand and product, and believe the EHF to be the superior product when in fact it is a much better brand. As far as marketing and brand identity go, the E9 either doesn't want to or can't compete with it.

Most parents fail to distinguish between brand and product, and believe the EHF to be the superior product when in fact it is a much better brand. As far as marketing and brand identity go, the E9 either doesn't want to or can't compete with it.

You are spot-on about the marketing/brand identity. Based on what I've seen they don't care, or the people running it aren't smart enough to recognize the opportunity. Not that they're hurting for checks to cash, but just imagine how many more checks there could be if they cared.

annon

You are spot-on about the marketing/brand identity. Based on what I've seen they don't care, or the people running it aren't smart enough to recognize the opportunity. Not that they're hurting for checks to cash, but just imagine how many more checks there could be if they cared.

I'm no insider, but they must care. After all, they did restructure and rename the league a couple of years ago.

They are still the upstart league trying to gain market share. EHF was here first. If you ask me, they've been the leader at the non-elite levels. One could argue that EHF ripped off their structure with the T1 Black/White thing (and now silver) that started a couple of years ago and looks a lot like NEHL/BHL American/National. The toughest part is getting the elite level up to par with EHF Elite...that's the real fight, and probably one that will be the most elusive. But the bulk of the revenue is in the lower level teams, so I'm sure financially they are on solid ground.

anon
annon

I'm no insider, but they must care. After all, they did restructure and rename the league a couple of years ago.

They are still the upstart league trying to gain market share. EHF was here first. If you ask me, they've been the leader at the non-elite levels. One could argue that EHF ripped off their structure with the T1 Black/White thing (and now silver) that started a couple of years ago and looks a lot like NEHL/BHL American/National. The toughest part is getting the elite level up to par with EHF Elite...that's the real fight, and probably one that will be the most elusive. But the bulk of the revenue is in the lower level teams, so I'm sure financially they are on solid ground.

Yep you can see a lot more 2nd teams(Select) per birth year have been added this year. The town teams are going to be the real losers long term.

winner bhl American did not get into e9 sharks won it

big deal if the name doesnt match ... http://www.bigten.org/