Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 08s

You got the MMF twice at 1and 3. Did you mean to put in CJR? The huskies are not bad when their players aren't laying on the ice crying. But they never miss a shift! Kind of running joke around the league for all you that witness it every game! And the Eagles did unfortunately did get better 😩! Flames have solid team with no super stars! It's close to call but in my opinion it's CJR and BJE at the top and everyone else! Just honest opinion and I could be wrong but I don't think so!

A running joke around the league should be "adults" making fun of crying 8 year olds. Get a life.

Anon
You got the MMF twice at 1and 3. Did you mean to put in CJR? The huskies are not bad when their players aren't laying on the ice crying. But they never miss a shift! Kind of running joke around the league for all you that witness it every game! And the Eagles did unfortunately did get better 😩! Flames have solid team with no super stars! It's close to call but in my opinion it's CJR and BJE at the top and everyone else! Just honest opinion and I could be wrong but I don't think so!

Catching up on some summer reading, people do talk about the Huskies and their 2 best players flopping all the time. Just about every game there is at least 5+ minutes of down time as each generally lays down for a while.

This is not an indictment on the kids, it is just frustration and just a phase. I have seen it happen over the years. Both kids were very good players in Mite 1 & 2. However, they are quickly being caught. They can no longer control the game like they used to. Other kids can catch them and are starting to play them much heavier. In the resulting battles for the puck there are collisions and impact. Feelings are hurt and egos are bruised. Both players will be fine and I am sure will develop well, they just need to adapt and get better.

It's talked about all the time here. The game changes, some kids develop slow and steady, others peak and then disappear. Long road ahead and some good quality hockey to be watched.

I think most people have it right. CJR/BJE, MMF

Wow! This is one of the few sensible posts I've read in awhile. Agree 100%. Game changes and real hockey starts to take over. Strong D and goaltending start to catch-up. More of a team game at the squirt level. Should be more enjoyable games to watch this year.

Anonymous
Mid-Fairfield is the top 08 team. BJE close behind #2. Flames and Huskies are #3 and #4, respectively.

SSK roster looks solid. I think they could surprise these top 4 teams this year.

Anony
Anonymous
Mid-Fairfield is the top 08 team. BJE close behind #2. Flames and Huskies are #3 and #4, respectively.

SSK roster looks solid. I think they could surprise these top 4 teams this year.

The South Shore kings got rolled by a local town team pretty bad last season. So Bad that they went and recruited a couple of the kids to come and play with them. Wouldn't expect to much out of that team.

What town team rolled the SSK last year? I'd be surprised any town team beat SSK that badly unless they were missing the players.

Curious
What town team rolled the SSK last year? I'd be surprised any town team beat SSK that badly unless they were missing the players.

It was a RI team. If you really care, look at the roster and see where the new kids are from.

Anony
Anonymous

Quick question. 08's are 8 maybe 9 years old? how can you possibly tell from looking at a roster that they look "solid"? Are there scouting reports available? I have an 06 myself and over the years you get to know the better kids, which kid stays on their current team or move teams and there are only a handful of those kids that really stick out but after that I have no clue if a team changes half its roster or not and the talent level of the incoming kids. I would never be able to tell looking at an 06 roster if it was "solid" or not. I guess I've just never paid that much attention to it. It sounds a little ridiculous to me but to each their own

Anon
Anony
Anonymous

Quick question. 08's are 8 maybe 9 years old? how can you possibly tell from looking at a roster that they look "solid"? Are there scouting reports available? I have an 06 myself and over the years you get to know the better kids, which kid stays on their current team or move teams and there are only a handful of those kids that really stick out but after that I have no clue if a team changes half its roster or not and the talent level of the incoming kids. I would never be able to tell looking at an 06 roster if it was "solid" or not. I guess I've just never paid that much attention to it. It sounds a little ridiculous to me but to each their own

It is just the kind of dad you are I guess, not that its a bad thing. Or maybe you just aren't into hockey which is cool too. But, if your kid had been playing at the same level with the same team since mites you have played teams in his league probably 30+ times including tournaments.

If by now you don't have a general knowledge of the standings, team strength and comings and goings then it is a failure on your part.

anon
Anon
Anony
Anonymous

It is just the kind of dad you are I guess, not that its a bad thing. Or maybe you just aren't into hockey which is cool too. But, if your kid had been playing at the same level with the same team since mites you have played teams in his league probably 30+ times including tournaments.

If by now you don't have a general knowledge of the standings, team strength and comings and goings then it is a failure on your part.

Bro, you are missing the point. How could anyone looking at a roster of 8 and 9 year olds know how good a kid is. I don't know the 08 kings team but I'm going to guess there are 3 or 4 new kids cuz that's usually the norm. how would any parent know the abilities of the incoming kids to proclaim that their kids' team is "solid". Like I said you recognize the better kids and if those kids change teams then people hear about it but if my son's team added 3 or 4 kids I would have no clue of their ability to say that the team is "solid". I guess I just have more important things to think about and do than to scout my son's hockey team.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anony
Anonymous

Bro, you are missing the point. How could anyone looking at a roster of 8 and 9 year olds know how good a kid is. I don't know the 08 kings team but I'm going to guess there are 3 or 4 new kids cuz that's usually the norm. how would any parent know the abilities of the incoming kids to proclaim that their kids' team is "solid". Like I said you recognize the better kids and if those kids change teams then people hear about it but if my son's team added 3 or 4 kids I would have no clue of their ability to say that the team is "solid". I guess I just have more important things to think about and do than to scout my son's hockey team.

These people that know that some squirt minor EHF team is "solid" are hanging around rinks talking about this stuff constantly. It's not unusual to know most if not all of the kids playing in your kid's division, especially if you are at all the games, playing in spring/summer tournaments with families from other teams, and pay attention to the names. It's kind of what makes hockey unique, there is a relatively small universe of kids in a single birth year that compete and train together consistently. In time, you'll come to know many of the kids from out of the area as well.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anony
Anonymous

These people that know that some squirt minor EHF team is "solid" are hanging around rinks talking about this stuff constantly. It's not unusual to know most if not all of the kids playing in your kid's division, especially if you are at all the games, playing in spring/summer tournaments with families from other teams, and pay attention to the names. It's kind of what makes hockey unique, there is a relatively small universe of kids in a single birth year that compete and train together consistently. In time, you'll come to know many of the kids from out of the area as well.
In my experience it's the rare parent standing at the glass that can judge talent, even a little. This exercise in assessing Squirt teams based on player movement is for parents that wish there were a Youth Hockey Sports Talk Radio show they could call into.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anony
Anonymous

In my experience it's the rare parent standing at the glass that can judge talent, even a little. This exercise in assessing Squirt teams based on player movement is for parents that wish there were a Youth Hockey Sports Talk Radio show they could call into.

"The're ruining my summah!!!"

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anony
Anonymous

Can we get back to the OP's question?

1. BJE

2a. CJR
2b. MMF

3. Huskies

4a. Kings
4b. Islanders

5. Everyone else

100. Last = Top Gun

I have CJR in the #1 spot until proven otherwise.

1. CJR
2. BJE
3. MMF
4. Huskies
5a. Kings
5b. Islanders

6. Everyone else

Then there is Top Gun. Top Gun is the reason relegation should exists in certain sports.

Loading up teams doesn't always work, esp at the 9 year old level. I think there will be some upsets.

Just wait until they play tag up offsides, take slap shots, check each other and play against kids from different birth years. Whole new world.

Anon
Just wait until they play tag up offsides, take slap shots, check each other and play against kids from different birth years. Whole new world.

All this ^ foolishness aside.

Eagles are loaded up, not sure who can knock them off.

Ct. Jr. Rangers are very strong
MMF a distant 3rd
Huskies
Kings/Islanders
The rest

anon
Anon

All this ^ foolishness aside.

Eagles are loaded up, not sure who can knock them off.

Ct. Jr. Rangers are very strong
MMF a distant 3rd
Huskies
Kings/Islanders
The rest

By all means keep bragging about the tallest midget at a midget convention.

Enlightening! Thank you!

08 Advantage Elite team gave a whooping to the 08 Terriers Elite last year.

Not sure your point of pointing out the #1 team in E9 beating one of the lower tier teams in the EHF last year. Boston Advantage would be an average team in the EHF this coming season.

I love a good EHF-E9 debate. You are right about the Boston Advantage at 08 level. they are good but not that strong compared to the top EHF teams. The 07 Boston Advantage would compete with the top EHF teams.

Anon
BJE
Mid-Fairfield
MMF
Huskies
SSK
IHC
Bandits
Breakers
BJT
Caps