Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elite when you are not Elite

Why do orgs say that their top team is Elite when they can't ever play in an Elite division or attend one Elite tournament.
I would be embarrassed to say my kid was on an Elite team but never played an Elite game. It is like an elephant in the room. Right?

Re: Elite when you are not Elite

Haha, this is what you are worried about on a summer Saturday night? Bet your wife is embarrassed to call you a man.

Anon
Haha, this is what you are worried about on a summer Saturday night? Bet your wife is embarrassed to call you a man.

wife?

Anon
Anon

wife?
Haha! Maybe that was the elephant in the room?

I'd be embarrassed to say my 10 year old is on an elite team

Anon
Why do orgs say that their top team is Elite when they can't ever play in an Elite division or attend one Elite tournament.
I would be embarrassed to say my kid was on an Elite team but never played an Elite game. It is like an elephant in the room. Right?

Yes, it is the elephant you are speaking of, do not think for 1 second it is not.

Many will lead you to believe it doesn't matter, but if they are on here all day and night trying to convince you otherwise.

I have to run, i just saw an add in the paper saying a place just opened with the 'World's Best Cup of Coffee" I want to be first in line. Chance of a lifetime.

The only elephant in the room is most hockey moms by the time they're little NHLers are bantams. Tip for the mite and squirt moms, don't eat rink food and when ordering Dunkin' Donuts skip the heavy cream and sugar and go skim milk and splenda.

Elite teams at the younger ages is for mom and dad to feel good about themselves and make up for their failures in life prior to children.

Or how about all you people just sit back and let the KID do what he does. Realizing that you are just the chauffeur and equipment manager will really help the sting of the game ending senior season jolt.

Go watch the game. Keep your **** holster shut and then tell little jimmy good game. Then drive home. It's not that hard of a concept.

Let's just change the name elite to decent. That covers a wider array of kids. The only thing different will be the changing the capital E on this guys team jacket to a capital D after the his kids birth year.

Anon
Let's just change the name elite to decent. That covers a wider array of kids. The only thing different will be the changing the capital E on this guys team jacket to a capital D after the his kids birth year.
Lmao - perfect.

Anon
Anon
Lmao - perfect.

Yes. Elite kids now called 'decent.'

But need to finish the rest of the diagram.

Kids that aren't elite now lowered to 'below average'

I am good with that.

anon
Anon
Anon
Lmao - perfect.

Yes. Elite kids now called 'decent.'

But need to finish the rest of the diagram.

Kids that aren't elite now lowered to 'below average'

I am good with that.

There is some below average comedy being rolled out on this thread.

Elephant in the room is an English-language metaphorical idiom for an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss, or a condition of groupthink no one wants to challenge.

Seems More like a "troll on the board" than an "elephant in the room"

Yes, there are many teams that call themselves "elite" and are not really... but if you've ever seen a true elite game, you'll know the difference. It's all relative really- EHF/E9 elite is markedly better than their lower level counterparts....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hustlers making money off of dumb parents. Get in line chump.

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm sorry that you are not financially successful enough in life that you're preoccupied with the cost.

The journey isn't about money. It truly isn't.