Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TA Cape Cod 05

I wonder what they will pull in parity. Coaches take pictures and keep your sheets

I think what they're really saying is know your level and play in the appropriate tournaments so you don't ruin it for everyone else. Hey WN, maybe you should've kept that 05 Coach around?

Anon
Totally false, I saw 06 get one only penalty in two games and it was only after two kids were the back of the kid who got a penalty for reacting. And they certainly did not have anything but two 06 goalies - FACT. You can hate, they all you want - but why lie?

That's the ticket...... makes sense to teach those kids that way..... if your not caught and no penalty is called , well it's not head hunting. Lol. Love this guy WN!

Anon
Anon
Totally false, I saw 06 get one only penalty in two games and it was only after two kids were the back of the kid who got a penalty for reacting. And they certainly did not have anything but two 06 goalies - FACT. You can hate, they all you want - but why lie?

That's the ticket...... makes sense to teach those kids that way..... if your not caught and no penalty is called , well it's not head hunting. Lol. Love this guy WN!
Not sure how you can say the 06 team was dirty and headhunters. 6 penalties in 4 games. Fact is they played the top teams in the tourney. North Shore Nordiques, Boston Lightning and the Jr Blues. They where all in the top of the standing. 2 of them Nordiques and lightning were undefeated and the Jr. Blues lost 1. The Nordiques won the whole thing. So I believe your 06 team did as well our 06 team. If they played the same competition we did.

Please just enter town tournaments moving forward and we won't need to discuss this topic.

Anon
Anon
Anon

Not sure how you can say the 06 team was dirty and headhunters. 6 penalties in 4 games. Fact is they played the top teams in the tourney. North Shore Nordiques, Boston Lightning and the Jr Blues. They where all in the top of the standing. 2 of them Nordiques and lightning were undefeated and the Jr. Blues lost 1. The Nordiques won the whole thing. So I believe your 06 team did as well our 06 team. If they played the same competition we did.

Well, I give you credit for knowing you won't prove your point by pointing out your one win against the lowest team. I truly hope your players have an enjoyable year. Watching the owner melt down over his kids play though, should give you an early indication of what your kids year will be like. However, since you are on the Dboard, I'm sure you are already aware of his reputation. Hey, how about the behavior of the 05 coach at the Montreal Meltdown?...

Anon

I might like to respond to this if I had any idea what you were saying

Anon
That is definitely not true for the '06 team in terms of having dirty players taking cheap shots.

That I would agree. However, whoever posted above about them being full of Elite EHF kids doesn't know how this works. Just because Daddy coached you and finagled an Elite team does NOT make you an elite player, nor does it make Daddy and Elite coach. But, when all else fails...buy and organization and now you can really make believe your kid is Elite. No Bandit player on any TA team is an Elite player.

Anon
Anon
That is definitely not true for the '06 team in terms of having dirty players taking cheap shots.

That I would agree. However, whoever posted above about them being full of Elite EHF kids doesn't know how this works. Just because Daddy coached you and finagled an Elite team does NOT make you an elite player, nor does it make Daddy and Elite coach. But, when all else fails...buy and organization and now you can really make believe your kid is Elite. No Bandit player on any TA team is an Elite player.

They gave the whalers and squires their first wins of the Summer, yup, they are going to do great in parity !

Anon
Anon
Anon

They gave the whalers and squires their first wins of the Summer, yup, they are going to do great in parity !

Didn't the Whalers win all 3 of their games?

Anon
Anon

im not a TA or Bandit parent. But I can't find any information on TA Seahawks wins or losses. I understand they are new and a lot of people don't like WN. But I do know 90 % of the Bandits players at all levels are not elite. There a lot score sheets to back up that fact.

Boston CCM Elite August 4/5/6,2017

"Four" Total Athletics Seahawks Teams in this Tournament:
TP-3-(POTI)

Here are the totals you requested:
Games 16
Wins 1
Losses 15
Ties 0 (1 OT Game Loss)
Entire Stats:
Goals For 33
Goals Against 97
Differ. -64

This is not about the Players! These are adults(?) who are placing these kids in these positions. They have to come and realize they are not who they advertise themselves to be. "ELITE"? It is Town level, except for a few players.
These are parents who did not do any research or who are just stuck due to their geographical location.
There was a GREAT Organization on the Cape before but it was sold.
Hanging in there kids and parents (who are realistic), hopefully something else will come your way. Keep Calm and Hockey On!

Let us not forget this May's Montreal Meltdown.

Two days May 26 and 27, 2017 Montreal.

TA Seahawks 2005 Team D2 B Division

Games: 4
Wins: 0
Losses: 4
Ties: 0
Goals For: 4
Goals Against: 24
Diff. 20
Penalty Minutes 39

They were banned from returning to the Tournament, Because of the owner and his Coach friend. They are now changing their Tournament Team's name, to the Mad Hatters. Affiliated with a program out of Wisconsin. Just going to play under another name, same Coaches and owner.

Another great partnership made with Total Athletics. Madhatters Elite hockey will now be TA Madhatters for Jr showcases, (off season) and youth tournament spring and summer teams. To partner and combine with MadHatters is another great opportunity for all TA Seahawk players and Cape Cod youth hockey players. Madhatters elite hockey is a very successful program in Wisconsin and is a program that provides experienced and professional mentoring from proven leaders. Madhatters will now be based as well on Cape Cod. "TA Seahawks Facebook" quote from their Facebook.

Yup, just for 05 and 06's. The owner kid and his Coaching Buddy kid's team.
Name it what you will. The money will run out after people realize who you really are!

Anon.

Diff. 20
Penalty Minutes 39

They were banned from returning to the Tournament, Because of the owner and his Coach friend. They are now changing their Tournament Team's name, to the Mad Hatters. Affiliated with a program out of Wisconsin. Just going to play under another name, same Coaches and owner.

ahhh, I saw the announcement from Mad Hatters. Wondered what the purpose of that affiliation was. Makes sense. Sounds like a WN move

Anon.

Diff. 20
Penalty Minutes 39

i have heard what happened in Montreal. But what I have read about the last tourney. I'm not so sure you are speaking the truth yes they did lose 90% of the games. But the lies you tell about players and can coaches at the CCM dirty and head hunting. Are making me and a lot of other people think that it's the disgruntled coach AJ and a couple of his cronies spewing the lies. We will see if he can pull off a winning season.

Now this post really brings out the class of the current organization. I have been reading these posts, I believe everyone has been talking about the current Organization not the former.
Why would you think a previous Coach cares. He has probable MOVED on.
Reading the posts you have disgruntled people now. Evidently the character of the organization has changed. Also what is acceptable and permitted behavior has also changed. As an organization and parents do you believe what happened in Montreal is creating a developmental program for young men and women?
Placing kids in a hostile and violent situation that you cause because of a Coach's actions is acceptable?
These posters have hit a nerve and it hurts. Yelling at players from the bench to "Take him out" on a face-off, encouraging players to hit from behind after you are losing. These are from a Coach, are these the fundamentals you teach.
Yes, these are 05's and 06's (Pee Wee). I did not think body contact starts until Bantams.

This again is not the past, it is the current. If it is not reeled in, there will be no future.

Where are you JD and PS people miss you? It has only been a few months.
Sure there were bumps but they were handled professional.
Enjoy your retirement. No more head aches.
It is sad that these individuals are running a terrible organizations.
They could not carry the former name, not enough character.

Anon
Anon.

Diff. 20
Penalty Minutes 39

i have heard what happened in Montreal. But what I have read about the last tourney. I'm not so sure you are speaking the truth yes they did lose 90% of the games. But the lies you tell about players and can coaches at the CCM dirty and head hunting. Are making me and a lot of other people think that it's the disgruntled coach AJ and a couple of his cronies spewing the lies. We will see if he can pull off a winning season.

I don't know AJ but you "and other peoples" sleuth skills I suspect are off. You have no idea the reach of disgruntled families under the WN regime. Don't worry, though...you will

You mean Mad Haters, right? We Cape parents are mad, and we especially hate WN and CC TA.

From the perspective of a hockey parent, I really could care less about wins, loses, goal differentials of the team my kid is on as long as he is getting better and you sprinkle in some wins so they don't feel like they are getting beat up all the time. Kids don't do well in that situation. However, from the perspective of someone who has witnessed WN's behavior first hand, my sympathy is with the players. Parent's will find out soon enough how he handles himself, how he treats players and parent's once they cross him/question him, or simply don't suck up to him. To say that a Hurricane's previous coach or Bandits disgruntled parent's are posting here....who cares who's posting. Bottom line is it has been said, anyone who visits the dboard should be aware. Just thankful we learned quickly and got away from him before things really got bad. There are plenty of programs out there. They can be EHF/E9 or even town. As long as your kid is developing and getting better and having fun you are ahead of the game

Anon
From the perspective of a hockey parent, I really could care less about wins, loses, goal differentials of the team my kid is on as long as he is getting better and you sprinkle in some wins so they don't feel like they are getting beat up all the time. Kids don't do well in that situation. However, from the perspective of someone who has witnessed WN's behavior first hand, my sympathy is with the players. Parent's will find out soon enough how he handles himself, how he treats players and parent's once they cross him/question him, or simply don't suck up to him. To say that a Hurricane's previous coach or Bandits disgruntled parent's are posting here....who cares who's posting. Bottom line is it has been said, anyone who visits the dboard should be aware. Just thankful we learned quickly and got away from him before things really got bad. There are plenty of programs out there. They can be EHF/E9 or even town. As long as your kid is developing and getting better and having fun you are ahead of the game

To piggyback on this comment, I have no axe to grind and my kid was never coached by WN. I have had polite conversation with him and he has always been complimentary of my kid which has been appreciated. With that said, I have seen his antics on the bench and have heard the way he talks to the kids on the bench and its one thing to swear. I understand when the F bomb gets dropped during the course of the game I have no problem with that but it's a whole different story when you're cussing out a kid. That is unacceptable. I wish him good luck in his new endeavor but if he is still talking to kids like that then I don't see much success for him.

The Kids did not even have their "Seahawks" uniforms for tournaments.

WN"s wife running the equipment show. Oh No is right.

The only teams that have their practice jerseys and gear are????

Drum roll Please!!!!!

WN's kids team and his Coaching Buddy Kid's team.

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!

Now, I know why the E9/BHL schedules are not up! They are waiting for the TA Seahawks to get their uniforms and gear in order before creating the schedules. It is easy, all at the bottom of the Nationals is in their future.

So the end game here is Sherman either leaves because it is such a headache dealing with this guy or he is voted off the island correct?

Who owns that franchise btw?

Do I need to start a new thread to petition the D Board for an "eating popcorn emoji", or can I do that here since this is where it will be most utilized ?

The BHL talent will come as a shock to many this upcoming parity, teams that thought they were decent and well established, have come away without a win and been forced out or forced to play down a year !

NE Edge
Boch
Cyclones
Rifles

Add TA to this list, although they will probably give them another year and let them in first year

Mike Sherman is a very nice and genuine person. Listening to him he has the development of young athlete's in mind. I believe he has been charmed by the snake oil salesman. I believe Coach Sherman is focusing on the building and giving young athletics a place to practice and play. But, his down fall WILL BE the individual that is controlling the Hockey program.

Hodge and Zaniboni and a few of the Coaches know their stuff but the albatross are the two individuals from Brockton.

When you tell kids at one of the first TA Camps "I own you for at least a year and I am the man". Come on these are kids!!! Sherman, Hodge and Zaniboni cannot
hold these individuals hands where ever they go. To Montreal or to the Canton/Walpole or other BHL facilities.

Do not bash Coach Sherman, he has to cut his ties with this guy.

Anon
Mike Sherman is a very nice and genuine person. Listening to him he has the development of young athlete's in mind. I believe he has been charmed by the snake oil salesman. I believe Coach Sherman is focusing on the building and giving young athletics a place to practice and play. But, his down fall WILL BE the individual that is controlling the Hockey program.

Hodge and Zaniboni and a few of the Coaches know their stuff but the albatross are the two individuals from Brockton.

When you tell kids at one of the first TA Camps "I own you for at least a year and I am the man". Come on these are kids!!! Sherman, Hodge and Zaniboni cannot
hold these individuals hands where ever they go. To Montreal or to the Canton/Walpole or other BHL facilities.

Sherman is there for the facility and football portion, which who knows if will ever come to fruition or not. The only reason they got tied in together is WN using Sherman's name in an attemp to add legitimacy to his ploy !

And I doubt AJ, is doing anything here. It is the people who predicted this while AJ was still on board and prior to the departure for bandits. Those are the one who keep this alive, they have been waiting for months to say. "I told you so", that will continue all season long....

And no matter what AJ does over there it is an improvement from what they had, wining season or not. Like previously stated, they will be 2-0 after first weekend, which is 2 more wins than the last three years !!!

Multiple posts here are going to get pulled. Name calling and slander is not cool. Regardless if your kid got cut or didn't make the team it's time to grow up a wee bit.

AJ is probably at the beach right now not giving a crap about any of this

Just pull them boss!!!

The truth hurts!!!

Why do you have to bring kids getting cut into it.

It has nothing to do with that.

It has to do with character, and creating a POSITIVE Charter for the game.

In some places/organizations this is lost and it is $$$$.

Stop using the lame "Your kid got cut".

Anon
Anon

Sherman is there for the facility and football portion, which who knows if will ever come to fruition or not. The only reason they got tied in together is WN using Sherman's name in an attemp to add legitimacy to his ploy !

And I doubt AJ, is doing anything here. It is the people who predicted this while AJ was still on board and prior to the departure for bandits. Those are the one who keep this alive, they have been waiting for months to say. "I told you so", that will continue all season long....

And no matter what AJ does over there it is an improvement from what they had, wining season or not. Like previously stated, they will be 2-0 after first weekend, which is 2 more wins than the last three years !!!
2 and 0 to start the season!!!! Lol do you do palm readings too or was this your crystal ball ?

Anon
Anon
Anon

2 and 0 to start the season!!!! Lol do you do palm readings too or was this your crystal ball ?
No dog in the race but didn't there black end up silver. Ohh yah independent and according to the coach going to play all the teams that knocked them out of black and white. So question where does the team that was picked for white end up ?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

No dog in the race but didn't there black end up silver. Ohh yah independent and according to the coach going to play all the teams that knocked them out of black and white. So question where does the team that was picked for white end up ?

No team was picked for white, that team was so bad they agreed to be in silver and didnt even do parity !

The team slated for black is not a bad little team, not as good as they thought it would be, mainly because the coaches who put it together took their kids and a few buddies.

AJ's team will do just fine

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

No team was picked for white, that team was so bad they agreed to be in silver and didnt even do parity !

The team slated for black is not a bad little team, not as good as they thought it would be, mainly because the coaches who put it together took their kids and a few buddies.

AJ's team will do just fine
No team picked for white? Three teams were picked for Bandits. Elite , Black and White well that's what the organization told parents at contract and payment schedules. Or am I not telling the truth. That's what was told to parents

Anon
Anon
Anon

GO look at schedule and then get back to me. You don't need a crystal ball to figure that one out ! look who they are playing !

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

GO look at schedule and then get back to me. You don't need a crystal ball to figure that one out ! look who they are playing !
dont need to look at schedule. Looked at last years record 0/33/2 you must be thinking your 2 ties last year will be wins this year. Crystal ball huh!!!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

dont need to look at schedule. Looked at last years record 0/33/2 you must be thinking your 2 ties last year will be wins this year. Crystal ball huh!!!

Hey, little secret. This year's team is not the same team as last year.

and no affiliation with either program

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Hey, little secret. This year's team is not the same team as last year.

and no affiliation with either program
independently Elite.

Anon
Then you weren't watching the same tournament that I saw.

The current 05 TA team is a completely different team from last years top 05 hurricanes team. Only 1 player stayed and his dad is the assitant coach and close friend of WN. The rest of the players are town kids.

Anon
The current 05 TA team is a completely different team from last years top 05 hurricanes team. Only 1 player stayed and his dad is the assitant coach and close friend of WN. The rest of the players are town kids.

Worse possible thing they could do to that kid, who is actually not a bad little player.

Anon
Anon

Worse possible thing they could do to that kid, who is actually not a bad little player.

May be a good little player but I would predict he succumbs to the pressure of having his Dad on the bench. He's has regular meltdowns coaching. He and WN are quite the pair. Should be interesting to watch what happens to the Hurricanes under this new ownership and volatile buddy coaches on the benches

For those of you who are going to be experts on TA and who stayed and who didn't, and analyzing kids, the age of goalies, etc., you should get your facts correct. More than one kid from Hurricane 05 stayed so you are misleading folks about who has meltdowns and who doesn't. Better yet, you've got to get a life and stop worrying about 11 and 12 year olds kids from other organizations. Just about every organization has a couple of horror show coaches, out of control players, and crazy hockey parents, but that doesn't make every team, coach, player, and parent in the organization bad news.

Anon
For those of you who are going to be experts on TA and who stayed and who didn't, and analyzing kids, the age of goalies, etc., you should get your facts correct. More than one kid from Hurricane 05 stayed so you are misleading folks about who has meltdowns and who doesn't. Better yet, you've got to get a life and stop worrying about 11 and 12 year olds kids from other organizations. Just about every organization has a couple of horror show coaches, out of control players, and crazy hockey parents, but that doesn't make every team, coach, player, and parent in the organization bad news.

I'll tell you what you need ... hooked on phonics! Barely a sentence in that mess you call a response that anyone can understand!

how bout a new topic - does anyone really care about TA Cape Cod??

anon
how bout a new topic - does anyone really care about TA Cape Cod??
When a topic is not relevant or interesting to me, I skip it. Try that ... the thread has a title. If you don't care about the title, don't read it. Never mind commenting on it

Really? You're the one who needs Hooked on Phonics, which is for learning to read.

Anon
Really? You're the one who needs Hooked on Phonics, which is for learning to read.

Anon
Anon

in many cultures...reading and writing are linked. Apparently not on the Cape. Go back to fishing and quit hockey..

Anon

Thanks Steve !

Anon

You are right, however in this case the organization is bad news !

Its hilarious how adults can really think there's that much thought that goes into a kid playing a sport. Losers at best to you clowns.
If i can get anything out of these posts.. This WN guy ****** off a lot of you sensitive women, Somehow, and now you can only bash him for doing what all of you wish you're husbands could have ever achieved, instead there all lazy , fat and broke... Kudos to this guy.

Anon

nobody worries about kids 11-12 yr old. We parents just worry about a dirtbag owner WN and awful organization from CC TA including coaches. Best thing about TA is their home rink and DH the skills guy. Nothing else good here. Betting on mites and sq coming up, DH the skills guy, Sherman's $$$, a new rink, a better league in E9/BHL, and parents needing better local hockey bc traffic "over the bridge" to Bandits, BA, SSC, SSK, and BB is too awful, can't save these guys. I can't wait for WN and CC TA to drop out of the sky like a lead zeppelin. They will never match the brand and success of NE JR Hurricanes - fact!

Anon

I don't think he said only one player stayed...he said only one GOOD player stayed

Anon

You gotta love his haircut!!!!

I thought the Town of Barnstable owned the two rinks. HYCC.

I attended my daughter's Summer High School League game the other evening.
Their was this younger team on the ice practicing before the Girl's game.
I had a conversation with one of the parents who's team was practicing. I asked the Dad who was the team on the ice and he said it was the TA Seahawks. I asked who is the guy on the ice yelling. The Dad said it is the owner/coach?
The Dad paused and said "this is going to be a frustrating year"1

The Zamboni driver hit the horn, get off the ice. No this guy just kept on practicing. The ice goes to 10 minutes of the hour, he stayed on for another 15 minutes. I asked the Dad is he going to get off the ice? The Dad said this guy now thinks he owns the two rinks. The Dad is from Barnstable, "this guy is P$%#ing a lot of people off around here".

Glad we only visit the Cape and play in this Summer League.

Yeah, I'm a visitor too, and I've witnessed similar. With his pro-shop in the front of the lobby, and his attitude you describe on the ice, WN thinks he owns the whole building. My HS buddy works for Barnstable's Recreation Dept, who has an office in HYCC. Barnstable definitely owns the whole complex. WN's TA just rents space. His pro shop sucks compares to the old NE JR Hurricanes owners.

Good god give it a rest.

Anon
I thought the Town of Barnstable owned the two rinks. HYCC.

I attended my daughter's Summer High School League game the other evening.
Their was this younger team on the ice practicing before the Girl's game.
I had a conversation with one of the parents who's team was practicing. I asked the Dad who was the team on the ice and he said it was the TA Seahawks. I asked who is the guy on the ice yelling. The Dad said it is the owner/coach?
The Dad paused and said "this is going to be a frustrating year"1

The Zamboni driver hit the horn, get off the ice. No this guy just kept on practicing. The ice goes to 10 minutes of the hour, he stayed on for another 15 minutes. I asked the Dad is he going to get off the ice? The Dad said this guy now thinks he owns the two rinks. The Dad is from Barnstable, "this guy is P$%#ing a lot of people off around here".

Glad we only visit the Cape and play in this Summer League.

He will be gone in a few years. The programs numbers are way down and they have been given out a ton of scholarships to fill teams.

Why lie? Totally untrue. The ice time was from 6:10-7:00. Kids and coaches were off the ice at 7:00. I know, I was there. As far as the parent saying its going to be frustrating year... It's a brand new team, most of these kids have never skated together..his kid is not a super star, he needs to listen, learn, work hard and be a good teammate.

Why lie?
Why lie? Totally untrue. The ice time was from 6:10-7:00. Kids and coaches were off the ice at 7:00. I know, I was there. As far as the parent saying its going to be frustrating year... It's a brand new team, most of these kids have never skated together..his kid is not a super star, he needs to listen, learn, work hard and be a good teammate.

uh ohhh....did you just say WN's kid isn't a star? Better start looking for a new program now. Keep your head low buddy and don't make eye contact

Nope that is not what I said. If you read my response, really read it, you would see that it refers to the parent who said it would be a frustrating year. I don't mention "initials" in my post ever.
Looks like someone is trying to "stir the pot"

Now they are moving to get TP out of the organization. He bought in and he must have been speaking his mind. Now changing his Penguins organization's name to Seahawks.
TP nice guy and REALLY AN NHL HOCKEY PLAYER!!
My son has played for TP3 Hockey and Penguins. These birds are not going to fly. Not the kids playing, they are great.
This guy and his cronies have some real egos. Older guys with egos like this have now place Coaching or being around impressionable age kids.

labor day, parity and 17-18 hockey season coming in a few weeks. season hasn't started yet and the TA stories are great. So I presume boatloads more on the way. Keep 'em coming!

Anon
Now they are moving to get TP out of the organization. He bought in and he must have been speaking his mind. Now changing his Penguins organization's name to Seahawks.
My son has played for TP3 Hockey and Penguins. These birds are not going to fly. Not the kids playing, they are great.
This guy and his cronies have some real egos. Older guys with egos like this have now place Coaching or being around impressionable age kids.

Wait, you mean WN really was t an NHL guy....'cause he told all of us he was....and a Scout! Do you mean that's not true and it was all lies?? No way, say it ain't so

Anon
Anon

Wait, you mean WN really was t an NHL guy....'cause he told all of us he was....and a Scout! Do you mean that's not true and it was all lies?? No way, say it ain't so

He played 3rd line at Brockton High. That was the extent of his hockey career. Doubt any of their teams will win a game and the program will fold in 2 years.

beware of the smiling professor.....

Anon
beware of the smiling professor.....

Hahaha .... He'll smile to your face then put a knife in not yours but your kids back... Gotta make sure your kid doesn't make his look bad...