email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NESC - rinks?

Marlboro Building Insp
Guys sorry to put a damper on things, but the Junior Bruins checked bounced when they went to pay for the Building Permit. So I cannot approve the Building Permit.
Crawl back in your bottle, Alky.

That would be a first! No youth hockey organization has ever had a check bounce in the history of youth hockey. They print money in case you didn't know.

Before all the usual flippant comments continue. The construction at the NESC has been delayed due to a devastating and fatal accident involving one of the construction workers.

Anon.
Before all the usual flippant comments continue. The construction at the NESC has been delayed due to a devastating and fatal accident involving one of the construction workers.
Might want to check your sources. Unless that "devastating and fatal accident" happened this morning.

Happened May 7th. Man fell and died.

anon
So stop by today and you'll see the boards being put in.

Anon
anon

They have already started missing guaranteed events they sold the ice for, massive girls tournament end of July was a disaster

But then what does Larue care if tier 16 06's have already paid the tuition!

anon
Anon
anon

They have already started missing guaranteed events they sold the ice for, massive girls tournament end of July was a disaster

If a tournament was canceled and nobody knows, was it ever really scheduled?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Has that ever happened? I mean I would need to see proof with someone holding that day's newspaper.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Best part is those girls are all going D 1 and your silver tier 12 is going to your beer league!

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Best part is those girls are all going D 1 and your silver tier 12 is going to your beer league!
Doesn't mean she can play. A girl with D1 stickers on her helmet was doing a private the hour before my kid this past weekend, and she skated worse than a "D" Beer Leaguer. It was awful!

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Doesn't mean she can play. A girl with D1 stickers on her helmet was doing a private the hour before my kid this past weekend, and she skated worse than a "D" Beer Leaguer. It was awful!

Wow your ignorant! That's the biggest load of BS I've ever seen. Go watch a D1 girls practice, not the same as the men, but pretty **** good. FYI many college teams also have men who play practice squad vs the girls. These guys all played EHF etc. but aren't good enough for D1. No knock on them as D1 has changed tremendously over the past 20 years.
So stop sounding like you just walked out of a cave. Back to the previous point, girls hockey players have a much better chance then the boys do of getting $$$ for college. It's a pure numbers game that's all.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Wow your ignorant! That's the biggest load of BS I've ever seen. Go watch a D1 girls practice, not the same as the men, but pretty **** good. FYI many college teams also have men who play practice squad vs the girls. These guys all played EHF etc. but aren't good enough for D1. No knock on them as D1 has changed tremendously over the past 20 years.
So stop sounding like you just walked out of a cave. Back to the previous point, girls hockey players have a much better chance then the boys do of getting $$$ for college. It's a pure numbers game that's all.
It's a D Board staple - call someone ignorant, and in doing so demonstrate a lack of understanding of the English language.

As with the men, women's D1 has teams that are stacked and teams that are in D1 due to the ranking of other sports. The rosters of D1 womens' teams at some schools are filled with awful players, comparatively speaking. You said it yourself, it's a pure numbers game. There are more roster spots than quality players.

Just like in lacrosse or baseball / softball the men's and women's game are almost two different sports. And without title IX there is zero chance there would be college women's hockey.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

It's a D Board staple - call someone ignorant, and in doing so demonstrate a lack of understanding of the English language.

As with the men, women's D1 has teams that are stacked and teams that are in D1 due to the ranking of other sports. The rosters of D1 womens' teams at some schools are filled with awful players, comparatively speaking. You said it yourself, it's a pure numbers game. There are more roster spots than

quality players.

What exactly does "due to the ranking of other sports" mean??

There are about 1500 men from many countries playing D 1 hockey in the US so when you compare that to the hundreds of thousands boys playing the sport nationwide it becomes a little bit clearer why junior has no chance.

The women's D1 # is about 750 versus a smaller pool of players and only Canadians primarily taking US college spots

If pointing out women's players on the back end of a roster stink is your only take (and who knows if they are walk on's to fill a roster) it sounds like a jealous Title 9 same old same old

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

As with the men, women's D1 has teams that are stacked and teams that are in D1 due to the ranking of other sports. The rosters of D1 womens' teams at some schools are filled with awful players, comparatively speaking. You said it yourself, it's a pure numbers game. There are more roster spots than quality players.

Now you're making inferences. Never said girls teams are filled with awful players.
D1 girls compete against D1 girls, not boys. To compare male/female in sports after puberty hits doesn't work.

To say a D1 female skater is not good is ignorant. Lace them up pal and challenge them to a 1-1.

I can get the players and will pay for the ice!

Well, just because my kid plays doesn't mean that I do, but even so, I like my chances. I've seen the Women's Olympic team - which consists of the best of the best - lose to U16 and halfway decent Prep teams.

Crow all you want about women's D1 hockey. It isn't good. Comparatively speaking. It's like women's basketball. One team has all the good players and wins 100 straight games, against TOP teams. The bottom end of D1 wouldn't even belong on the same court.

Anon
Well, just because my kid plays doesn't mean that I do, but even so, I like my chances. I've seen the Women's Olympic team - which consists of the best of the best - lose to U16 and halfway decent Prep teams.

Crow all you want about women's D1 hockey. It isn't good. Comparatively speaking. It's like women's basketball. One team has all the good players and wins 100 straight games, against TOP teams. The bottom end of D1 wouldn't even belong on the same court.

you sir are a liar as you never saw our women's Olympic team lose to a U16 or prep teams. They do not play teams younger than 18. It is not allowed, so what ever team you saw it was not the Olympic team.

anon
Anon

you sir are a liar as you never saw our women's Olympic team lose to a U16 or prep teams. They do not play teams younger than 18. It is not allowed, so what ever team you saw it was not the Olympic team.

they played the Wizard bantam minor selects at the edge...which is dangerous for different reasons than you think. those benders can barely skate!

anon
Anon

I'm not the poster you're responding to but: you sir have no idea what you are talking about. I saw the Olympic team play the U16 ECW at the Edge in September 2013. Olympic team won 9-2; it was most assuredly the US Women's Olympic team, plus the last two roster cuts.

[Wow your ignorant!]

its igorant...

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Do they have club at Fitchburg for your son? Does the electrical workers union have a league? Enjoy buddy