Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2010 goalie

Really, an elite team without a goalie. Good luck on your season. Pass the pads never works and good goalies are even harder to come bye in the early years.

anon
BJT mite minor elite looking for a goalie still. wish i knew that before we committed. Hope coach finds one. I dont want my kid in the goalie rotation..

Its first year Mite. Suck it up and let Junior play goal for a game or 2. His "elite" skills won't suffer at age 7.

So, wait, your kid hasn't even started playing select hockey, and you're ALREADY whining?

Do your kid a favor, divorce your wife and give her custody. Because you'll ruin him.

Not sure if it applies to mites but I think goalies are not allowed to skate out. Passing the pads around to a different kid week to week is not allowed

Anon
Not sure if it applies to mites but I think goalies are not allowed to skate out. Passing the pads around to a different kid week to week is not allowed

This is an asinine comment. Do you think the goalies wear a scarlet "G" on their jersey too? Anybody can play goalie or skate out whenever they want to.

Good morning/afternoon. As faithful reader of this board, I could not help but respond to this grave situation that you now find yourself in. Just to let you know, in the past few days, we here in The Show have contacted the other 30 teams. We had a conf call last night and have decided to increase our scouting staffs. We would not want to be at a game where your 7 yr old, who I am sure is a natural born centerman, is "stuck" in net. The window is so small to find that rare breed of talent. Especially at the 7 yr old level. We have also contacted all the area prep schools as well as Shattuck. They have all made note of the plight of the 7 yr old Elite BJT team. Everyone has agreed that they will not blow off any 2010 BJT Elite games and will of course take this awful goalie situation into consideration. Coincidentally, you sound like a father who may be interested in an excellent opportunity. We have heard rumblings of a 2010 (That's again, 7 yr olds) showcase that may be in the works. Times, dates, and locations are still up in the air but the cost is set at reasonable $2k. There will only be 4 teams: black, white, silver, and chartreuse. Evaluations, exposure to the top execs, and really cool shirts will be provided. Also, they will have a full line of ADULT gear and car decals available for purchase at the admissions ($20) table. Do stay tuned. Good luck and god bless in the upcoming season.

The Show
Good morning/afternoon. As faithful reader of this board, I could not help but respond to this grave situation that you now find yourself in. Just to let you know, in the past few days, we here in The Show have contacted the other 30 teams. We had a conf call last night and have decided to increase our scouting staffs. We would not want to be at a game where your 7 yr old, who I am sure is a natural born centerman, is "stuck" in net. The window is so small to find that rare breed of talent. Especially at the 7 yr old level. We have also contacted all the area prep schools as well as Shattuck. They have all made note of the plight of the 7 yr old Elite BJT team. Everyone has agreed that they will not blow off any 2010 BJT Elite games and will of course take this awful goalie situation into consideration. Coincidentally, you sound like a father who may be interested in an excellent opportunity. We have heard rumblings of a 2010 (That's again, 7 yr olds) showcase that may be in the works. Times, dates, and locations are still up in the air but the cost is set at reasonable $2k. There will only be 4 teams: black, white, silver, and chartreuse. Evaluations, exposure to the top execs, and really cool shirts will be provided. Also, they will have a full line of ADULT gear and car decals available for purchase at the admissions ($20) table. Do stay tuned. Good luck and god bless in the upcoming season.
Take this in the spirit intended. It is friggin' ridiculous that you are concerned about anything other than development of your kid. If you don't want your kid in net, just tell the coach. But for you to be distraught over the lack of a full time goalie for your 6/7 year old's team is absolutely insane.

anon
BJT mite minor elite looking for a goalie still. wish i knew that before we committed. Hope coach finds one. I dont want my kid in the goalie rotation..
Dude you are fg nuts.