Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best non-daddy coach programs.

Therefore, do your work and find a team without a daddy coach...

we have been with a coach for 4 years. we have never seen any of this daddy non-sense.

I'd take a lot of daddy coaches over the clueless parents who coach their kids in the car and from the stands - without any understanding of what team hockey is.

Anon
I'd take a lot of daddy coaches over the clueless parents who coach their kids in the car and from the stands - without any understanding of what team hockey is.

Thanks dad! Give it up. There's always silver u chump. U might be good but suck in protecting your bender kid.

Before the game - ok, Johnny when you get the puck just skate it because your linemate won't give it back to you. I'll give you $10 for every goal. You need to skate your hardest every shift, and stop coming off the ice so early. Keep looking at me up in stands in case I need to tell you something. Post game - Why did you pass it, when you had a shot? You played horrible today! You played great, but you line mates didn't. How come the coach doesn't put you with so and so. And on and on it goes.

I know one non-daddy coach to stay far away from...new guy at Giants last year RL..total pr$ck...no teaching, all yelling...berates the kids...zero relationship with them....doesn't even talk with them...

Ask any player what coach had the biggest impact on them and they will tell you the ones that pushed them, taught them, and made them feel like they were worth something....

This guy doesn't get it....

Anon
I know one non-daddy coach to stay far away from...new guy at Giants last year RL..total pr$ck...no teaching, all yelling...berates the kids...zero relationship with them....doesn't even talk with them...

Ask any player what coach had the biggest impact on them and they will tell you the ones that pushed them, taught them, and made them feel like they were worth something....

This guy doesn't get it....

What age?

If it's the guy I think he's talking about u14 and u16...I think he is also coaching u15's this year. Wackadoo....also involved with Whalers summer teams...highly intense...one of Lovell's cronies....

Anon
If it's the guy I think he's talking about u14 and u16...I think he is also coaching u15's this year. Wackadoo....also involved with Whalers summer teams...highly intense...one of Lovell's cronies....
That's him. Same act for 6+ years. Several instances of his showing up for summer games still drunk. Now I hear he's actually holding himself out as an "Advisor." Stay away.

anon
Anon
That's him. Same act for 6+ years. Several instances of his showing up for summer games still drunk. Now I hear he's actually holding himself out as an "Advisor." Stay away.

Check out Generals NAHL website. He is their head of scouting

Anon
anon
Anon

I can't believe I'm saying this, but he may actually be good at that. He was primarily responsible for assembling the really strong Whalers teams a few years back. I've seen him in action, he is pretty good at blowing smoke up parents' tailpipes.

Plus he can offer to buy beer for the players.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

I can't believe I'm saying this, but he may actually be good at that. He was primarily responsible for assembling the really strong Whalers teams a few years back. I've seen him in action, he is pretty good at blowing smoke up parents' tailpipes.

Plus he can offer to buy beer for the players.

Blowing smoke is one thing but not sure how that translates to identifying talent.

No opinion either way but that program needs to turn it around soon.

His hockey background consists of him playing 1 period at Umass Boston his freshman year and being shelled for 9 goals...left school after that. Love HockeyDB.com!

Anon
His hockey background consists of him playing 1 period at Umass Boston his freshman year and being shelled for 9 goals...left school after that. Love HockeyDB.com!

Just looked it up. In fairness it was one period, 3 goals. Not really a good sample size. Not sure what happened after that.

Takes his anger about his failed career out in the kids

Anon
Before the game - ok, Johnny when you get the puck just skate it because your linemate won't give it back to you. I'll give you $10 for every goal. You need to skate your hardest every shift, and stop coming off the ice so early. Keep looking at me up in stands in case I need to tell you something. Post game - Why did you pass it, when you had a shot? You played horrible today! You played great, but you line mates didn't. How come the coach doesn't put you with so and so. And on and on it goes.

I hope this guy ^^ is not a coach...holy moly.

anon
Anon

I hope this guy ^^ is not a coach...holy moly.

Lot of them nutso's out there. FED league littered with them. Stick to basketball and following Lavar Ball around. Safer, and your kid less inclined to get hurt by being cut from a FED Silver team and thrown back onto a Valley League Town C team.