Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gilmartin Buying Hockeytown?

Time to build a rink....build a rink.

I have to wonder if that parcel isn't worth more redeveloped as retail.

If he's going to keep it, let's just hope he puts $$$ into it. I don't let my kid skate there. Between the cement wall and the lack of kickplates, it's a career threatening injury waiting to happen.

They would be better off taking over the Breakaway Ice Center in Tewksbury, but to each their own.

Fed4lyfe
They would be better off taking over the Breakaway Ice Center in Tewksbury, but to each their own.

Imagine typing Fed4lyfe as your name....

Anon
Fed4lyfe

Imagine typing Fed4lyfe as your name....

#fedelite4lyfe

Pay attention Mongo, for the sake of your Duster, pay attention.

Honestly why would they bother putting money into not like they are even going to look at it. They most likely bought it to sell ice and it's not like renovating would make them any money ice is ice and the price is the same they would be smarter cleaning up and leaving as is just put **** boards up where the wall is and it's fine

Anon
Honestly why would they bother putting money into not like they are even going to look at it. They most likely bought it to sell ice and it's not like renovating would make them any money ice is ice and the price is the same they would be smarter cleaning up and leaving as is just put **** boards up where the wall is and it's fine
Why? One word. Liability.

You don't buy a business and leave it status quo. He would have had to pay a multiple of current cash flows. So, to make it worth buying you have to do something that will increase cash flows. You make improvements, depreciate them, and charge more for ice.

Making improvements wouldn't make them more money. They aren't buying a business they already have that they are just buying another rink. To them they probs don't care what all the mommy and daddy's at the rink think or how cold they are they care about the money they make off the investment. They aren't going to drop money on a rink they already just bought they have to make some first. They can price the ice however they want it's theirs anyway so no one sets the rules for how much they charge and cleaning it up doesn't make the ice more expensive. They sell the ice they make money plus they already own leagues and stuff so they are basically selling it to them selves then making it back rather than buying from someone else and losing it they put their own games in it so honestly a smart business man would maybe clean it but but not put much into it honestly. Sorry all you crazy hockey parents think you are only going to go to the best rinks or that omg he's not being smart if he leaves it like that hahah none of you know business.

Maybe buy the dump and sell off the real estate....and build a state of the art (Falmouth?) type complex on cheaper land. That's what a bidness man might do.

Frank Giuffrida in a bidding war for the land to put up a bigger and better Hill Top Steakhouse...

C'mon Gilly!! you hate me cause you ain't me!!!!

Richard Gallant
C'mon Gilly!! you hate me cause you ain't me!!!!

Haha too bad your not actually Richard gallant and if you are that's funny cause you are the one getting screwed by him and you never even owned hockey town

Ha ya right, trust me I not worried about hockeytown, I'll just build a new rink, maybe over in Haverhill somewhere, plus I am still way ahead on who's screwing who , how's his junior league doing , hehehe, boom mic drop!!

Richard Gallant
Ha ya right, trust me I not worried about hockeytown, I'll just build a new rink, maybe over in Haverhill somewhere, plus I am still way ahead on who's screwing who , how's his junior league doing , hehehe, boom mic drop!!

Haha who ever this loser is who thinks adding gallant is fooling anyone is a complete retard. Gallant actually is flipping his **** cause I'm oops now he has no ice for his extra teams he was going to have play there so haha before you imitate someone get your facts straight. Like gallant actually has time to waste on the hockey d board full of losers ahahhahahaha that's such a joke. Probs one of the islanders parents who's kid was supposed to play at hockey town. Gallant has no time to waste on this d board hence why you never see owners on it ahaha

Gallant gets the ice - warriors get into Fed

Anon
Richard Gallant

Haha who ever this loser is who thinks adding gallant is fooling anyone is a complete retard. Gallant actually is flipping his **** cause I'm oops now he has no ice for his extra teams he was going to have play there so haha before you imitate someone get your facts straight. Like gallant actually has time to waste on the hockey d board full of losers ahahhahahaha that's such a joke. Probs one of the islanders parents who's kid was supposed to play at hockey town. Gallant has no time to waste on this d board hence why you never see owners on it ahaha
Ummmm, I think we all know it isn't really him.

Ahhmm ok mr gallant insider, wouldn't you be Included in the loser category ? You loser of course it's not him but you could be "gilly"

Anon
Making improvements wouldn't make them more money. They aren't buying a business they already have that they are just buying another rink. To them they probs don't care what all the mommy and daddy's at the rink think or how cold they are they care about the money they make off the investment. They aren't going to drop money on a rink they already just bought they have to make some first. They can price the ice however they want it's theirs anyway so no one sets the rules for how much they charge and cleaning it up doesn't make the ice more expensive. They sell the ice they make money plus they already own leagues and stuff so they are basically selling it to them selves then making it back rather than buying from someone else and losing it they put their own games in it so honestly a smart business man would maybe clean it but but not put much into it honestly. Sorry all you crazy hockey parents think you are only going to go to the best rinks or that omg he's not being smart if he leaves it like that hahah none of you know business.

Please tell me english is not your first language?

anon
Anon

Haha, you mean we aren't supposed to take from his syntax that he is a Captain of Industry?

PG doesn't need to make money first before he has money to make improvements. I'm sure he has a bit of disposable income lying around. And of course he can charge more for ice if he makes improvements. Go ask your kid about the laws of supply and demand. I'd say go back to school, but it looks like it would be more accurate to say GO to school.

The funny thing is that all of you are trying to predict what JG and PG will do acting like your all smart and know what's best for them while they are reading this and laughing at all of you on their way to the bank

Anon
The funny thing is that all of you are trying to predict what JG and PG will do acting like your all smart and know what's best for them while they are reading this and laughing at all of you on their way to the bank
Yeah! Stop voicing opinions on a discussion board! Sheesh!!

PG has to keep the rinks for a minimum of 10 years. Part of the deal. They are also limited in what improvements they can make to the property due to zoning setbacks, parking and fire code.

That's the deal folks.

How do you know the deal JG and PG are making plus the zoning only effects expansion it's already zoned for rinks so improvements inside can be done however they want but it's not going to be worth it do do that much just clean it up

anon
Anon

We stated....that was awful