Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rifles 05

How does one person coach 5 hockey teams??

Anon

He makes the practice schedule, he very rarely misses a teams practice or game.

Anon
Anon

He makes the practice schedule, he very rarely misses a teams practice or game.
Really? Rarely makes games you mean. Practices are easy. Put 3 teams on the ice at once and other 2 teams the other practice.

This is our first year with the Rifles..these post dont make me feel confident!

what age group?

anon
This is our first year with the Rifles..these post dont make me feel confident!

Relax, 05 Rifles elite team is a very good team, should have been in E9 last year and ran through the BHL American. I would not even be concerned with pre season, at the start of the season they will have their full roster and do fine in E9.

They will have some hurdles as they are an easy team to coach against and shut down, which the BHL coaching left a lot to be desired and you had coaches who could recognize what they do well and stop it.

In any event, they are good sized, move the puck well and shoot decent.

The drop in talent form the 05 Elite team to the 05 Tier 1 team is drastic though !

Anon

Ya, Im not sure how that happens? I thought he was coaching the 03's also? BF wont be around.

If you have two teams at each birth year, you're hardly on life support. There are organizations out there making do with much less.

Anon
Besides 07and 06 what birth years have more than one team??? And the 06's have a few 07's on the team if I'm not mistaken. And I agree if you aren't on the top Rifles team you might as well play for HN.
04's have 3 teams

Anon
Rifles are not on life support. Their top teams do pretty well in the E9. The 06 elite team is the strongest team in the program and ranked pretty high. The earlier poster must be referring to the lower teams. Most of those kids in the Rifles, along with players on second and third teams in most other organizations should really just be playing in strong town organizations. It makes sense financially and the coaching as well as the level of play will be no different on those second and third teams really between the Rifles and town hockey. Fact.

Orgs like the rifles have a significant drop from a to b talent. They dont have the big player groups to have top b teams to compete at a higher level. Turnover happens at the b team level. But western mass clearly has enough talent to consistently produce competitive teams at e-9.

Anon
Anon
Rifles are not on life support. Their top teams do pretty well in the E9. The 06 elite team is the strongest team in the program and ranked pretty high. The earlier poster must be referring to the lower teams. Most of those kids in the Rifles, along with players on second and third teams in most other organizations should really just be playing in strong town organizations. It makes sense financially and the coaching as well as the level of play will be no different on those second and third teams really between the Rifles and town hockey. Fact.

Orgs like the rifles have a significant drop from a to b talent. They dont have the big player groups to have top b teams to compete at a higher level. Turnover happens at the b team level. But western mass clearly has enough talent to consistently produce competitive teams at e-9.

I thought the 05 Rifles kid was the best 05 in the biz...

He might be the best in the area, but he has never played at the 05 level.

Anon

I heard he moved to the flames 05

But..wait...there's more!!
Anon

Chasing the Q.

Anon

Nope

Anon

I hope he moved to the 05 flames. Better place for him with the 04s moving to checking, plus his dad playing scorekeeper to benefit his son is getting old. Good riddance.

Rifles lose to North Stars! Send them back to the BHL.

Tough weekend for the Rifles

Anon
Tough weekend for the Rifles

Your the only person who cares.. call the coach

they didn't even win champion in there div