Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It's always interesting playing the Breakers on home turf with home officials

Anon
Bad referee's are better than no referee's. There's a huge shortage of people willing to do it, and put up with the nonsense.

Aww. Thanks ref. You still suck.

Re: It's always interesting playing the Breakers on home turf with home officials

Anon
Bad referee's are better than no referee's. There's a huge shortage of people willing to do it, and put up with the nonsense.

maybe a shortage but the same ones at the same rinks calling everything on away team and letting everything go on home team really is apparent when you play long enough and start to recognize a lot of the same guys at certain rinks

Anon

Bad refs make bad calls on both teams, home refs....well, we've all seen those right?

yup, don't let facts get in the way of deflecting your own teams shortcomings.

youth clubs games are assigned by an outside organization. league pays the organization which then pays the refs.

Valley assigns and pays ref directly.

their is MASSIVE shortage of refs, there is a very real possibility of some club games going black (no refs at game time) this year. the 'poor' ref'ing is more from overwork than anything else.

beatcuff

"youth clubs games are assigned by an outside organization. league pays the organization which then pays the refs."

This is just not true.

Anon
beatcuff
"youth clubs games are assigned by an outside organization. league pays the organization which then pays the refs."

This is just not true.
my son is a ref. he is not assigned by a team or the league. well its nice to see you are no longer blaming the town board/politics or the coach.

beatcuff

youth clubs games are assigned by an outside organization. league pays the organization which then pays the refs.

their is MASSIVE shortage of refs, there is a very real possibility of some club games going black (no refs at game time) this year. the 'poor' ref'ing is more from overwork than anything else.

You must not pay attention to the refs at your kids games then. No one is saying that they are not assigned, however, same refs at each Breakers games, same refs at each Bandits games, etc....there are absolutely home team refs

beatcuff

For the record, I am the OP and you are way off base. I can admit that I don't think our team is as strong as theirs. Or as physical. That has nothing to do with what I saw get called on one team or not get called on another team at the game. No deflecting here. Just plain blatant.

I agree with the original poster. Yes, I understand this is hockey and the kids will get knocked around quite a bit but when the hometown team commits penalties that are just plain reckless and unsafe, the refs need to call that. As opposed to what we saw this weekend-90% or penalties going to the away team and the refs turning a blind eye to what was actually going on on the ice.

Anon
I agree with the original poster. Yes, I understand this is hockey and the kids will get knocked around quite a bit but when the hometown team commits penalties that are just plain reckless and unsafe, the refs need to call that. As opposed to what we saw this weekend-90% or penalties going to the away team and the refs turning a blind eye to what was actually going on on the ice.

Oh Mom, don't go to the games if that bothers you. This is hockey. You need to get used to it. Hope Jr didn't get hurt

Guys get over it. It's recreational hockey not life and death. If your kid can't protect himself, then put him in a lower league that is more his speed. Stop teaching the kids that their failure is always somebody else's fault.

anon
Guys get over it. It's recreational hockey not life and death. If your kid can't protect himself, then put him in a lower league that is more his speed. Stop teaching the kids that their failure is always somebody else's fault.

I don't disagree but I suspect this is a non checking age group posting

what level?

Anon
beatcuff

For the record, I am the OP and you are way off base. I can admit that I don't think our team is as strong as theirs. Or as physical. That has nothing to do with what I saw get called on one team or not get called on another team at the game. No deflecting here. Just plain blatant.
You cannot claim to be without bias. I promise if you ask the other team, they will feel exactly the same way you do.

Your kid's team isn't as strong or as physical. Maybe the refs felt they weren't going to bail your kid's team out because they couldn't match the effort of the other team?

I'm not a ref, but next game, instead of flapping your yap on every play, try listening to both teams' parents' comments. Both sides have the same ***** about the same refs at the same games. It is non-stop criticism. It's ridiculous what comes out of parents' mouths. Half the time, I don't think they are even watching the same game I am.

Anon
Anon
beatcuff

You cannot claim to be without bias. I promise if you ask the other team, they will feel exactly the same way you do.

Your kid's team isn't as strong or as physical. Maybe the refs felt they weren't going to bail your kid's team out because they couldn't match the effort of the other team?

I'm not a ref, but next game, instead of flapping your yap on every play, try listening to both teams' parents' comments. Both sides have the same ***** about the same refs at the same games. It is non-stop criticism. It's ridiculous what comes out of parents' mouths. Half the time, I don't think they are even watching the same game I am.

Because you know it all right? Or at least that's what it sounds like you think. . When you let blatant penalties go at a on one side only, it's pretty apparent. The difference is, I tell my kid to check away in games like that. I don't care how many times he ends up in the box. More importantly though, if you werent at the game you have no idea what went on so your comments are worthless.

I can't believe no one wants to ref these games!

Anon
Anon
Anon
beatcuff

Because you know it all right? Or at least that's what it sounds like you think. . When you let blatant penalties go at a on one side only, it's pretty apparent. The difference is, I tell my kid to check away in games like that. I don't care how many times he ends up in the box. More importantly though, if you werent at the game you have no idea what went on so your comments are worthless.

With a response like that, I'm saying the other guy has more credibility. Check away and intentionally take penalties? That's the advice you give your son? There's no way your boy is going to achieve all of those athletic goals that you could never accomplish with that type of guidance.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
beatcuff

With a response like that, I'm saying the other guy has more credibility. Check away and intentionally take penalties? That's the advice you give your son? There's no way your boy is going to achieve all of those athletic goals that you could never accomplish with that type of guidance.

How does that advice stop him from reaching goals. If your kid is at an age where there is no checking, and we all know there are still coaches that teach their kids to do more than they should, are you supposed to let those kids check you and not check back?

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
beatcuff

How does that advice stop him from reaching goals. If your kid is at an age where there is no checking, and we all know there are still coaches that teach their kids to do more than they should, are you supposed to let those kids check you and not check back?

It's the attitude that taking a selfish penalty is the proper response to being hit, even if the hit is outside the rules. A real athlete retaliates within the rules and makes a play to help their team. Hockey is a team sport, it's not all about you. Get over it and make a play. You are creating a selfish player by encouraging this behavior, and it will eventually hurt his development as an athlete.

Sure, it does happen. The good news is, once they get into high school, I promise, you will realize these games mean nothing. And once they get into high school it becomes a whole lot of other issues that really mean nothing as well.

Anon
Sure, it does happen. The good news is, once they get into high school, I promise, you will realize these games mean nothing. And once they get into high school it becomes a whole lot of other issues that really mean nothing as well.
OP's kid won't be playing in HS. Not that he/she realizes that yet, and will probably see it as an insult. But, odds are I'm right.

Anon
Anon
OP's kid won't be playing in HS. Not that he/she realizes that yet, and will probably see it as an insult. But, odds are I'm right.

Not sure how the post gives any indication of if the kid will be playing. Bottom line is more than half won't, so that includes your kid too...if odds are I'm right

Anon
Anon
Anon

Not sure how the post gives any indication of if the kid will be playing. Bottom line is more than half won't, so that includes your kid too...if odds are I'm right

I think the point is if your kid is the type that retaliates and takes penalties as opposed to toughening up when someone takes a shot at him, his future in hockey is not bright.

Maybe not OP's kid, but the guy who was encouraging his kid to hit back even at the expense of a penalty. That guy clearly never played sports at any respectable level and has an inferiority complex if he's offering that advice to his kid. Or maybe stuffed into too many lockers as a kid and hoping he raises a kid that "fights back".

Anon
Dead on. Possibly the most accurate post I've ever read. If only most parents realized it.

And it's still happening...refs joking around with the hometown team calling penalty after penalty for away team leaving them short handed the entire game. Love how the BSB turns a blind eye to this. Yeah and you can save your sorry your kids team lost to the BSB comment.

Anon
And it's still happening...refs joking around with the hometown team calling penalty after penalty for away team leaving them short handed the entire game. Love how the BSB turns a blind eye to this. Yeah and you can save your sorry your kids team lost to the BSB comment.

If people only realized there are around 900 games( yes 900) per weekend that need refs, people would change their perspective. No refs, no games. I've never heard anyone say- thank God for those Refs or would have lost. Ever.

If you're blaming the refs in the Irish Riviera, you weren't good enough.

A Non
Anon

If people only realized there are around 900 games( yes 900) per weekend that need refs, people would change their perspective. No refs, no games. I've never heard anyone say- thank God for those Refs or would have lost. Ever.

If you're blaming the refs in the Irish Riviera, you weren't good enough.

And if you don't think that is happens at certain rinks regularly, I'm willing to bet your kid plays at one of those rinks.

Anon
beatcuff

How do these guys get away with this stuff at their home rink! The fix is in when you play @ Rockland! Shocking!

Let me guess, Stick swinging, bad sportsmanship?

Anon
Let me guess, Stick swinging, bad sportsmanship?
That too. Not to mention the hitting from behind. The tall kid skates around and drills kids from behind into the board all game.

Sounds like the 06 "elite" team

Anon
Sounds like the 06 \\\"elite\\\" team
I remember that kid from spring tournament, hit a kid from behind in defenseless position behind the goal. Out of control. Nuff Said!

Anon
Anon
Sounds like the 06 \\\\\\\"elite\\\\\\\" team
I remember that kid from spring tournament, hit a kid from behind in defenseless position behind the goal. Out of control. Nuff Said!
unfortunately there is more than 1 kid like that on the team. A couple screaming parents involved to!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Sounds like the 06 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"elite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" team
unfortunately there is more than 1 kid like that on the team. A couple screaming parents involved to!
Hacks and Crazy parents great mix.

Anon
Sounds like the 06 "elite" team
06 tier 1 is just as bad, but knock one of their kids down on the ice and listen to all the outrage in the stands. Love the Dad that calls the refs Dummy any call that goes against them and rips on the other teams kids loud enough for all the Parents to hear, then listen to him in the lobby when they lose finding every excuse he can except that they got outplayed this time. Pathetic. But, I think even the Breaker's Parents can't stand this Parent either. Not a jelled team.

Anon
Anon
Sounds like the 06 \"elite\" team
06 tier 1 is just as bad, but knock one of their kids down on the ice and listen to all the outrage in the stands. Love the Dad that calls the refs Dummy any call that goes against them and rips on the other teams kids loud enough for all the Parents to hear, then listen to him in the lobby when they lose finding every excuse he can except that they got outplayed this time. Pathetic. But, I think even the Breaker's Parents can't stand this Parent either. Not a jelled team.
I have heard that guy. He's horrendous. Feel bad for the kid though

Why a parent would want their kid in that kind of environment is mind-blowing. The rink is absolutely disgusting on top of it all.

Anon
Why a parent would want their kid in that kind of environment is mind-blowing. The rink is absolutely disgusting on top of it all.
Coaches should immediately remove a player from the game after a hit from behind. They unfortunately allow the player to continue to play and make no correction, same players, same dirty hits.

A lot of times it’s coaches kids that are doing it

Anon
Awwwww, waaaaahhhh!

After next week's home loss you'll be saying it's the coach's fault for not playing your kid's line more.

Goon Squad

Anon
'Nough said

It's "Nuff Said" you moron! What is wrong with people on this board?
Tell lies, post nonsense, whatever..... but please spell correctly.

Anon
'Nough said

Which goon squad are you referring to @ BSB?

Sounds a lot like sour grapes there Buffy. My son played there and our coach got thrown out of more games than the opponents and he only seemed to get tossed at The bog.