Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 05 Caps vs 05 Jr Rangers

eagle's nest
anon
It was on the schedule, now it's gone... Guess you're the one w/o a sack eagle boy.

Eagles are a far more superior team. Did you a favor if true

05 Eagles were good a few years ago but now all teams have caught up or passed the 05.

anon
ANON
Capital folks need to get real. Last year in the regular season, the Caps came in 5th place. They had a nice run in the playoffs. The Caps most likely will finish between 3-5 this season. The Jr. Rangers would have finished between 6th or 7th in the EHF last year. Remember, they would not be playing a cream puff schedule like they do in the E9 where there are only a few average teams and a lot of bad teams.

Don't say that out loud. There are a groups of people here who attack if you speak disparagingly about the BHL/E9.

Although in the same breath they will take a shot at the FED and dump all over the EMHL and Valley.

Strange place indeed.

Few, if any, "shots" at the EHF on this board. Seems to be universally considered a strong league. There have been many shots at deranged EHF parents who think the youth hockey league their kid plays in is somehow superior to others. That's just bizarre behavior deserving of ridicule. On the other hand, you see on this board many MANY shots at E9/BHL by insecure parents who have a need to believe in their own twisted sense of superiority and work in shots at the E9 in any post. See above.

Anon
anon
ANON
Capital folks need to get real. Last year in the regular season, the Caps came in 5th place. They had a nice run in the playoffs. The Caps most likely will finish between 3-5 this season. The Jr. Rangers would have finished between 6th or 7th in the EHF last year. Remember, they would not be playing a cream puff schedule like they do in the E9 where there are only a few average teams and a lot of bad teams.

Don't say that out loud. There are a groups of people here who attack if you speak disparagingly about the BHL/E9.

Although in the same breath they will take a shot at the FED and dump all over the EMHL and Valley.

Strange place indeed.

Few, if any, "shots" at the EHF on this board. Seems to be universally considered a strong league. There have been many shots at deranged EHF parents who think the youth hockey league their kid plays in is somehow superior to others. That's just bizarre behavior deserving of ridicule. On the other hand, you see on this board many MANY shots at E9/BHL by insecure parents who have a need to believe in their own twisted sense of superiority and work in shots at the E9 in any post. See above.

I think it is universally accepted that the EHF Elite has the strongest teams. But the fallacy that is often cited by EHF fans is that a player in the EHF is necessarily better than any player in another league, simply because he is on an EHF Elite roster. So what you get is the parents of third-liners coming on here trying to prove their kid's worth by promoting the league. I will guarantee you none of the parents of the actual elite players are on here touting the strength of the league.

My kid is an 05 played several years in the E9 and last year in the EHF. The only people hung up what league they play in are the parents. Prep school coaches do not care what league or what team your kid plays for. The three key factors are can he play, does he understand the game and how are his grades. Which ever league your kid is in have him keep working hard on skating and skills and more importantly have him do well in school. A's & B's, no C's and the rest will take care of itself.

See everyone this weekend!

Does not matter
My kid is an 05 played several years in the E9 and last year in the EHF. The only people hung up what league they play in are the parents. Prep school coaches do not care what league or what team your kid plays for. The three key factors are can he play, does he understand the game and how are his grades. Which ever league your kid is in have him keep working hard on skating and skills and more importantly have him do well in school. A's & B's, no C's and the rest will take care of itself.

Sorry your kid got cut and plays EHF silver. It matters.

Take baseball. Playing in Pawtucket (minors) and playing in Boston (majors) are different. Both Pro but different. Deal with it.
FYI. EHF is major league.

Anon
Does not matter

Sorry your kid got cut and plays EHF silver. It matters.

Take baseball. Playing in Pawtucket (minors) and playing in Boston (majors) are different. Both Pro but different. Deal with it.
FYI. EHF is major league.

Bad analogy. 99.5% of players playing in majors are better than players in the minors. That is NOT the case playing in EHF elite. Many of the marginal and lower end players would still be that way in another league. I know several kids playing on lower end EHF Elite teams that couldn't crack the lineup of the better E9 teams last year.

I know several kids playing on lower end EHF Elite teams that couldn't crack the lineup of the better E9 teams last year.

I know a lot of kids that play BHL/E9 that would make any EHF elite team, but play BHL because that's the closet option to home. I'm not driving 45min to some EHF elite team, when I've got a BHL option 10min from my house.

Anon
I know several kids playing on lower end EHF Elite teams that couldn't crack the lineup of the better E9 teams last year.

I know a lot of kids that play BHL/E9 that would make any EHF elite team, but play BHL because that's the closet option to home. I'm not driving 45min to some EHF elite team, when I've got a BHL option 10min from my house.

I believe you said this exact same thing in another thread.

It's ok. Your kid got cut. And now " plays with his friends"

anon
ANON

Strange place indeed.

EMHL is the EHF's...fifth level. And Valley is town hockey. They both serve a purpose. What's your point?

Should be a good game and with it so early in the season it could go either way I suppose since new players joined both teams and lines will be under experiment and some kids are still getting into hockey shape. My prediction is 4-2 CAPs. Which both teams might be happy with.

Game over. Caps won 5-0.

Ok...lets hear the excuse, the "elite 9" champs get smoked by the EHF. JV vs Varsity....

anon
Ok...lets hear the excuse, the "elite 9" champs get smoked by the EHF. JV vs Varsity....
Plenty of E9 teams doing well. STFU.

Valley league is calling....think about playing Winchester or Quincy, maybe Framingham

so true, e9 saying the ehf won't play them, now they play and its not even close...its ok..it does mean anything, if you like your coach and he is developing your kid, that is all that really does matter, but stop the the talk of the ehf ducking the e9...thats just funny.

Anon
anon

Really? How are the Patriots doing? Didn't they almost go undefeated in E9 last year?

anon
Anon
anon

Really? How are the Patriots doing? Didn't they almost go undefeated in E9 last year?

They went undefeated in the tier 1 tourney a couple weekends ago. Maybe now they will stop pounding their chests..but I do not think so.. tooo many arrogant coaches on that bench

anon
#moron

why is it when they actually play each other that you can't handle it. The e9 parents saying the ehf ducks the e9, then they play and blow them out....thats the best e9 team?? They would struggle with some of the tier 1 teams. Or maybe Reading town 1 team

anon
The more important question is, why do you care so much? Do you own a franchise, or do you just like sounding ridiculous on an anonymous board proclaiming one youth league superior to another? Which youth soccer league is the best? Who you got?? Who gives a fk. Jesus give it a rest. >90% of these kids aren't playing past high school; doesn't matter where they play their youth hockey.

Hockey Mom
Game over. Caps won 5-0.

Perfect example of how FED dominates the E9.

Anon
Hockey Mom
Game over. Caps won 5-0.

Perfect example of how FED dominates the E9.

Yea, but let's be honest it wasn't a shock right?

Kids all played hard, it wasn't a heart issue, it was a talent issue. But even those that lost looked like they had fun.

Fed Elite just too much.

Fed champs should beat the E9 champs - why is this even on the board, non-event.

anon
Fed champs should beat the E9 champs - why is this even on the board, non-event.
It's a youth hockey game; by definition it's a non-event. Except - to the parents and insane EHF parents that just have some bizarre inexplicable need to think there's something special about that league and to bash other leagues. EHF is a check cashing machine like any other league, but with more deranged parents who believe it makes a difference. That's called great marketing.

Give the Jr. Rangers credit for playing the game without 2 of there better players, and their best player nursing a injury. They still played, and you did not hear any excuses, or complaints.
They played the GAME.

anon
Give the Jr. Rangers credit for playing the game without 2 of there better players, and their best player nursing a injury. They still played, and you did not hear any excuses, or complaints.
They played the GAME.

Thanks for providing the excuses

anon
They played the GAME.

Comical. Love how you waited a week and snuck this gem in at the end.

They got slapped around, should have been worse, let sleeping dogs lie.