Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 06 Superseries - Boston Breakout

Anon
Anon
Best 06 goalie....put him on a weaker team if you truly want him to be better.

He was last year and they beat the Islanders almost beat the flames.

Well he will certainly have a great chance to prove himself this weekend as the starting goalie.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Best 06 goalie....put him on a weaker team if you truly want him to be better.

He was last year and they beat the Islanders almost beat the flames.

Well he will certainly have a great chance to prove himself this weekend as the starting goalie.

I must be missing something. There's 2 IHC goalies and they'll both start games this weekend - they split games. So it would appear that no one "got the start"

So people actually take their kids out of the 1st or 2nd week of school to play in a hockey tournament?

Anon
anon
Where did the new BJT goalie come from? Thought BJT had a stud goalie?

Old goalie out and now backup at Islanders. New goalie arrived from BA / Brick team. One of the best goalies in the country and definitely #1 goalie in 05/06 FED.

Your insanity is amusing and is a perfect example of why I like coming on this board. Many thanks.

I'll have what she's smoking! Now he's best at '05 level! Do I hear an '04??? Hahahahahahah

Back on the subject. Looking forward to seeing that Minnesota team play. Any other out of area teams, anyone thinks, would be a nice challenge to the local teams?

BB
Back on the subject. Looking forward to seeing that Minnesota team play. Any other out of area teams, anyone thinks, would be a nice challenge to the local teams?

Why would they be a challenge?

BB

Colonials and Team Maryland will both be good.

Anon
BB

Colonials and Team Maryland will both be good.

Colonials AA team will be at this tournament.

Colonials are the AAA team.

That is boring.... can we please have another Dbag Dad come on and tell us how good their prepubescent kid is and all the nice things people said about him in the summer leagues... so much more entertaining!! I am relying on you guys to get me through a slow Friday in the office.

ANON
That is boring.... can we please have another Dbag Dad come on and tell us how good their prepubescent kid is and all the nice things people said about him in the summer leagues... so much more entertaining!! I am relying on you guys to get me through a slow Friday in the office.

I expect huge accolades from my Grinder this year.

He is in the E9 this year for those that aren't familiar with the league it is comparable to the BHL, EMHL, BHL or Valley League AA.

Skating and hands are poor but he is big and strong. Everyone at the rinks keep saying "wait till the hitting starts." That is exactly what I am going to do. The theme around the locker room is that leagues and levels don't matter, so I am on board with that too.

Seems like from Mite until about age 16 none of this matters. Around 16 I have been taught to expect that all the good kids start to suck and the big kids start pounding people. From there its an easy jog into high level hockey.

Let's drop the puck!

Corn Dog
ANON

He is in the E9 this year for those that aren't familiar with the league it is comparable to the BHL, EMHL, BHL or Valley League AA.

Skating and hands are poor but he is big and strong. Everyone at the rinks keep saying "wait till the hitting starts." That is exactly what I am going to do. The theme around the locker room is that leagues and levels don't matter, so I am on board with that too.

Seems like from Mite until about age 16 none of this matters. Around 16 I have been taught to expect that all the good kids start to suck and the big kids start pounding people. From there its an easy jog into high level hockey.

Let's drop the puck!
Take a look back at what you just wrote, as an alleged adult. You should be feeling pretty good about yourself. Your kid in the EHF is no better than a kid in the E9 or other leagues across the country. Hold yourself, admit it and have a good cry. You'll get over it.

Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!
Take a look back at what you just wrote, as an alleged adult. You should be feeling pretty good about yourself. Your kid in the EHF is no better than a kid in the E9 or other leagues across the country. Hold yourself, admit it and have a good cry. You'll get over it.

Step aside hater.

I just nominated Corn Dog's internet gold as a candidate for Post Of The Year.

Which E9 squad does you big fella lace em' up for?

#fedelite4lyfe

Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!

Slow down, that post is pretty accurate and downright hilarious, because some wackos actually believe that stuff, But...What is even funnier is that you took the bait, because there is no doubt that was written by a Tier 1 Parent or a low level EHF Elite kid's dad. These people are left with poking fun at the E9 and BHL, because that is the only thing that keeps them thinking that their kid is better than he actually is.

There was a lot of movement this past year, so discreetly ask some parents who have played both leagues and ask where the differences are, if they are any depending on what level and organization, or ask the Kids who went to a league or level they believed was supposedly inferior and failed to make the team.

Now, don't go asking the parent of the kids who have played at four organizations in the past four years, because they are an inaccurate barometer and just fail to see that it is their kids who are the issue and not the programs !! (you know who you are)

#FED2NHL

Anon
Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!

Slow down, that post is pretty accurate and downright hilarious, because some wackos actually believe that stuff, But...What is even funnier is that you took the bait, because there is no doubt that was written by a Tier 1 Parent or a low level EHF Elite kid's dad. These people are left with poking fun at the E9 and BHL, because that is the only thing that keeps them thinking that their kid is better than he actually is.

There was a lot of movement this past year, so discreetly ask some parents who have played both leagues and ask where the differences are, if they are any depending on what level and organization, or ask the Kids who went to a league or level they believed was supposedly inferior and failed to make the team.

Now, don't go asking the parent of the kids who have played at four organizations in the past four years, because they are an inaccurate barometer and just fail to see that it is their kids who are the issue and not the programs !! (you know who you are)
I'll take the bait and respond. I have two kids (one out of high school, another playing youth hockey) who have played both EHF and E9 all at the elite level. Good players both, but not superstars. Over the years, there is one difference. The superstar, high-end talent all play in the EHF. I'm talking about the four or five best kids in every birth year. That's enough to make the top EHF teams stand out from the pack. The rest of the EHF/E9 rosters, say at least 90% are completely interchangeable. The last EHF vs E9 game I saw (BJT vs Patriots) last weekend - switch the BJT goalie who was superb (not my kid and not my team I was a neutral observer) to the Patriots and a 3-1 win becomes a 3-1 loss. That's the difference between leagues. That kid who makes the difference will usually be found in the high-end EHF teams that are stacked to make a run. Good - very good - players can be found in both leagues up and down the rest of the roster.

100% spot on accurate

Anon
Anon
Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!

I'll take the bait and respond. I have two kids (one out of high school, another playing youth hockey) who have played both EHF and E9 all at the elite level. Good players both, but not superstars. Over the years, there is one difference. The superstar, high-end talent all play in the EHF. I'm talking about the four or five best kids in every birth year. That's enough to make the top EHF teams stand out from the pack. The rest of the EHF/E9 rosters, say at least 90% are completely interchangeable. The last EHF vs E9 game I saw (BJT vs Patriots) last weekend - switch the BJT goalie who was superb (not my kid and not my team I was a neutral observer) to the Patriots and a 3-1 win becomes a 3-1 loss. That's the difference between leagues. That kid who makes the difference will usually be found in the high-end EHF teams that are stacked to make a run. Good - very good - players can be found in both leagues up and down the rest of the roster.

Bingo! Mine spent half in NEHL/E9 and half in EHF Elite. I would make this same comment.

Anon
Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!

^^^^^ The reality is the many players switch teams. This has gone of for years and will continue to happen. Very few players that have made it to the next level have stayed with only 1 team, very few. Get your facts straight dummy!! (you know who you are).

Anon
Anon
Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!

^^^^^ The reality is the many players switch teams. This has gone of for years and will continue to happen. Very few players that have made it to the next level have stayed with only 1 team, very few. Get your facts straight dummy!! (you know who you are).

yea, I get that. In fact my kid has switched teams. In the normal course of progression that I believe that you are speaking of, the kids normally move up in a talent level or tier, or move laterally to a team with better coaching for the most part. Everyone understands that move and those kids and that will always be a part of hockey. As you progress you find hockey that you never even knew existed when they played at the previous levels.

I was referring to the kids moving laterally to four organizations in four years, because they did not make a top team because the evaluators or coaches do not know how to evaluate talent. So they bounce form team to team, bashing the previous team to everyone saying how bad it is, and their kids were actually good and not the problem, only to repeat the cycle at the end of the year, when they have to jump ship again.

Those parents need to leave their kid at a good organization and let them progress and understand that their progression may peak at Tier 1 or AAA, or Town B

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Corn Dog
ANON

Let's drop the puck!

yea, I get that. In fact my kid has switched teams. In the normal course of progression that I believe that you are speaking of, the kids normally move up in a talent level or tier, or move laterally to a team with better coaching for the most part. Everyone understands that move and those kids and that will always be a part of hockey. As you progress you find hockey that you never even knew existed when they played at the previous levels.

I was referring to the kids moving laterally to four organizations in four years, because they did not make a top team because the evaluators or coaches do not know how to evaluate talent. So they bounce form team to team, bashing the previous team to everyone saying how bad it is, and their kids were actually good and not the problem, only to repeat the cycle at the end of the year, when they have to jump ship again.

Those parents need to leave their kid at a good organization and let them progress and understand that their progression may peak at Tier 1 or AAA, or Town B

Good point, there are families that move every year because every team stinks, and there are families that move for a change or progression. I would argue that you should plan to split your youth career with a couple of different organizations and coaching staffs. 6-7 years is a long time to play with the same coach. Your guy will learn more with another point of view after a few years.