Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 06 tier 1 black

Concord Carlisle

It'll be northstars and vipers.

Vipers reloaded and should be champs again as they are bigger better and faster...and some more cougar mom blood

Anon
It'll be northstars and vipers.

Vipers? Maybe. Heard Northstars tied a kings this weekend. One of the bottom half teams last year right?

Really tier 1? Who cares

Because, what's sad is, the top T1 black teams would probably do better than the bottom "elite" teams. We all know the top 3 or4 elite teams are good. After that they are interchangeable with the top E9 or T1B teams.

Anon
Because, what's sad is, the top T1 black teams would probably do better than the bottom "elite" teams. We all know the top 3 or4 elite teams are good. After that they are interchangeable with the top E9 or T1B teams.

I know tier 1 parents want to believe this but it's just not true. The pace of play is faster at the elite level than the tier 1 level. Most tier 1 teams have a hard time keeping up. For example, I recall about a year and a half ago the Viper parents used to come on here and whine and complain about how they have no competition at the black level and how they should be moved up to the elite level. That is until they did the Boston Breakout last year and got crushed. Even the Caps, who are at the bottom of the elite level crushed them 10-0 I think. Since then haven't heard a word from viper parents about moving up to the elite level

It is true. Keep drinking the koolaide. Middle/bottom elite= top tier 1. The elite level is 4 teams strong. That's the truth. Fight it all you want.

If your kid is in 06 Tier 1 Black or Elite they are in a good place. Enjoy the ride. Elite is obviously better but if a kid wouldn't be inside the top 6-8 players on a competitive Elite team they will develop just fine on a Tier 1 Black team. A decent percentage of the players are interchangeable between the two divisions. However, the big difference is there are probably only 1 maybe 2 players in Tier 1 Black division who would be in the top 40 of all 06's in EHF Elite or Black.

Anon
It is true. Keep drinking the koolaide. Middle/bottom elite= top tier 1. The elite level is 4 teams strong. That's the truth. Fight it all you want.

Take a deep breath and come back down to reality. Sorry to burst your bubble but I have seen it time and time again. I've heard the same thing at the rink. It's a painful experience to watch a tier 1 dad slowly come to the realization that his kids team may not be elite level after all. Now I'm not saying that kids can't move up from Tier 1 to elite. They all mention though how much faster the game is. Some make it, some can't keep up and don't. Personally I think the elite name is bs. Each birth year has maybe 2 or 3 teams that you can call elite but for the most part it's elite in name only but that doesn't change the fact that there is a huge divide between the top of the tier 1 black and the bottom of the elite. The teams just aren't interchangeable. The Vipers found that out.

Anon
Anon

Take a deep breath and come back down to reality. Sorry to burst your bubble but I have seen it time and time again. I've heard the same thing at the rink. It's a painful experience to watch a tier 1 dad slowly come to the realization that his kids team may not be elite level after all. Now I'm not saying that kids can't move up from Tier 1 to elite. They all mention though how much faster the game is. Some make it, some can't keep up and don't. Personally I think the elite name is bs. Each birth year has maybe 2 or 3 teams that you can call elite but for the most part it's elite in name only but that doesn't change the fact that there is a huge divide between the top of the tier 1 black and the bottom of the elite. The teams just aren't interchangeable. The Vipers found that out.

You need to stop thinking your kid is a star because he is elite. Because the one thing you are correct about is the 2-3 teams that are truly elite. So if there are 2-3 truly elite teams your logic doesn't make sense. I too have seen elite and top tier 1 teams play and they have been good games. My Son has played at both divisions as well. There is not much difference. And what you really don't get is...This is still youth hockey. They are still 11 and the goal is development, not winning. You should really be the one to take and deep breath and come back down to reality. Let's talk when your kid is in high school

Anon
Anon

The Elite Bandits just won their first game comprised of mostly T1 Black kids and the Northstars could certainly compete at Elite if allowed a spot(again politics). The Bandits may be at the bottom but there's teams that have been in Elite for a large number of years that T1 black could certainly beat consistently.

But you're correct, the true Elite teams are the 2-3 teams in Fed Elite that have those 2-3 kids that are even that much better than the reast. MMF BJE and maybe one other ICH/BJT. The rest including top 2-3 of T1 Black are all the same as bottom half of Elite.

Still waiting for the Fed Elite play in. Top 6 from last year are exempt and you run Elite parity for 4 spots playing 6 games. They do it for every other division, might as well add in another tournament against the best competition right? Right? Who would be opposed to that? Pretenders and ne'er do wells.

A Non
Anon
Anon

The Elite Bandits just won their first game comprised of mostly T1 Black kids and the Northstars could certainly compete at Elite if allowed a spot(again politics). The Bandits may be at the bottom but there's teams that have been in Elite for a large number of years that T1 black could certainly beat consistently.

But you're correct, the true Elite teams are the 2-3 teams in Fed Elite that have those 2-3 kids that are even that much better than the reast. MMF BJE and maybe one other ICH/BJT. The rest including top 2-3 of T1 Black are all the same as bottom half of Elite.

Still waiting for the Fed Elite play in. Top 6 from last year are exempt and you run Elite parity for 4 spots playing 6 games. They do it for every other division, might as well add in another tournament against the best competition right? Right? Who would be opposed to that? Pretenders and ne'er do wells.

Northstars just tied one of last years lower black teams so not sure about your northstars

Anon
Really tier 1? Who cares

Apparently you since you took the time to read a post that clearly said tier 1