The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NESV for sale?

Rumor has it primary investor trying to sell? Any truth to this rumor?

Re: NESV for sale?

Anon
Rumor has it primary investor trying to sell? Any truth to this rumor?

Does this have to do with lawsuits?

Yes. Lovell and Giants may be in trouble

Anon

Or they could go back to the previous year, when Attelboro and Giants didn't exist ???

They do not have as big as a stake in NESV as you think.

They are a lot of things, but they are not dumb

Any business brokers have an idea if it's true? I might want to pick-up a sportsplex for the old real estate portfolio.

Anon
Anon

Or they could go back to the previous year, when Attelboro and Giants didn't exist ???

They do not have as big as a stake in NESV as you think.

They are a lot of things, but they are not dumb
Pretty sure you're wrong about that. TL's trying to move the whole operation to Attleboro and get away from that dump in Hingham. Don't forget, he coaches the Generals, too, and has a piece of that operation. I don't think he cares who he writes his check to for ice time, but if a new owner decides to have his won team, it could really change TL's plans.

Maybe he will be part of the group that buys it?

I have to agree about moving headquarters out of Hingham.
Pilgrim is a dump inside and out. The ice is terrible. The Zamboni (Sorry Olympia Ice Bear) this weekend sound like it was going to break down. The driver had a hard time opening the over head door to get out. No on believes in empting out the trash barrels or cleaning the bathrooms. The parking lot on the A side of the rinks was littered with empty Bud Light cans, broken Beer bottles and caps every where. Management of the rink should be ashamed.
That was the opening weekend of E9/BHL qualifiers.

I heard the rink manager say a few years ago when the subject of Hingham kids leaving the high school to play for preps or full season teams - "why would they leave when they have a state of the art facility right here to play in..." with a straight face. I thought I was in an alternate reality.